Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best Cleansing Oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MMarble
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried MAC, Shu, and HABA before. So far MAC is the best. I have combo skin and MAC does not cause acne for me.
I also heard Dermalogica and Laura Mercier are good too.
Can anyone compare these two with MAC?
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
MMarble wrote:
I've tried MAC, Shu, and HABA before. So far MAC is the best. I have combo skin and MAC does not cause acne for me.
I also heard Dermalogica and Laura Mercier are good too.
Can anyone compare these two with MAC?

I use Boscia and MAC. They both work for me. As soon as I run out of both of them I will be buying the MAC because I can get this at Macy's and not have the shipping costs.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
I really like Pur mineral's mineral melt. I use it as a makeup remover then follow with my MD Forte skincare. It smells amazing and removes everything in one swipe. I have oily, acne prone skin and haven't had any problems with it.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:52 am      Reply with quote
Lots of people make their own. I use 50/50 Castor Oil and Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:18 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Gabriel Couzian Paris washing oil for my body only and it works really, really well.
Can jojoba oil be used as a cleanser? I've been using it sometimes to remove my eye makeup.
meggiequn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Haba looks very safe from its gradients. Why didn't you like it?
yobi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
I tried DHC and Fancl and Shu. The best is Shu, but very expensive.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
I love DHC Deep Cleansing Oil. Haven't gotten the nerve up to splurge on Shu's yet, but it's on my list for a buy at some point when I have more $.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
marble,
I haven't tried any of the oils you mentioned, but I like DHC and Fancl. They both seem to do the job of taking off Euro SS.
Not technically a "cleansing oil" but Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream is a nice crushed almond cleanser that I like.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the MAC one. So much so that I have repurchased it numerous times - used for over 4 years. And by using it I can forgo a separate eye-makeup remover. And on days that I'm particularly sleepy, I will just use this and not worry about another cleanser - i don't recommend this every day but once in a while its fine. It does a good job removing all my makeup - for particularly stubborn mascaras and eyeliners, i recommend gently rubbing your eyes and then pressing your eyelashes between oily fingers and slowly pulling at your lashes. But very gently of course!!
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
I like Shu Uemura most. It offer lots of choice.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:07 am      Reply with quote
I have tried a few different ones... Shu Uemura (did not like it.. broke me out), DHC (not bad, rinses away nicely)... but I have to say the best cleansing oil I haev used is Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. It is a pleasure to use and is easy to remove, unlike using olive oil. I have heard sweet almond oil is also excellent (especially for make-up removal, but have not tried it myself).

I had a sample pot of the MAC oil (I thought it was for eye make up removal though) and it was AMAZING for removing strong eye make-up (at Halloween)

5% products discount

Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:58 am      Reply with quote
I like Fancl most, it is light and cleanses well. I like MAC too.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:24 am      Reply with quote
I use Castor and Jojoba oil (50/50). I tied olive oil instead of jojoba, but I don't like the smell of olive oil.

Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thann Rice Brand Cleansing Oil is great!!! You can get it a Raintree Spa in Richmond.
jandarling
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
i'm on my third bottle of Fancl MCO, i find it good! but i just can't finish the one bottle within the three months time frame despite daily usage.

I've just gotten dermalogical sample for precleanse. Hope it's good as my beautician often use it to remove my makeup during facials. Mild enough even for the eye.
puppysha
5% products discount

Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
If your make-up is thick, Shu-uemura’s cleaning oil is preferred although FANCL’s is ok in general. If using Shu-uemura, you’d better use cleaner after cleaning oil, otherwise you may suffer from acne, someone said.
zirconn
5% products discount

Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:29 am      Reply with quote
I've used both Shu and Fancl and preferred Fancl. Somehow I find Shu doesn't clean as well, or am I using it the wrong way?

Hi Jandarling, from what I know, Fancl's recommended use by period is 6 mths, not 3. In any case, I'm also never able to finish it within that period but I continued using it anyway and had no problems. Just don't keep them for too long and don't touch the spout with your hands.

Actually, can cleansing oil be use as eye make up removal or is a separate one recommended?
Allison_Wonderland
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried Shu Uemura, DHC, Fancl, Dermalogica, and MAC. The best one I've come across that provides a deep clean without drying out my skin, that removes all of my MMU & SPF, that doesn't require another cleanser afterwards, that I can use daily with no problems... Drumroll, please...
Babor HyOl
This one require a phytoactive to be used with it which is what causes the oil to become water-soluble and rinsable. It bugs me because they are sold separately and they are both expensive, but it's nice because you can customize according to aging, dry, oily, or sensitive skin. I use the Combination Phytoactive which is for oily/combo skin. This oil cleanser is truly the most effective. It doesn't leave a film or leave my skin feeling like it's not completely clean. It doesn't leave a dry, tight sensation when it's removed. The only other caveat besides the whole phytoactive-being-a-separate-purchase thing is that it is fragranced. It smells good, but it is definitely noticeable.
leileieve
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:34 am      Reply with quote
I use Shu Uemura and fancl. They both works well. I think cleasing oils from Japan are better.
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried MAC and it caused lots of bumps on my forehead so I had to stop using it.
I've also tried FANCL, DHC, Kanebo Blanchair, Jill Stuart, and RMK. Out of all, my favorite is FANCL because the texture is kind of watery so it was very easy to spread over your face. Jill Stuart is great as well, it has floral scent and not as watery as FANCL so it wasn't so much of a mess!
yauzit
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Try some cleansing milk, it is really great for sensitive skin.
seraphic
5% products discount

Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
I supported FANCL and Dermalogica. Fancl is cheaper and afforadable then Dermalogica. It is thicker too. But both are my fav ^^

Heard Shu Uemura are good too.

By the way do you girls, use normal facial wash after cleansing oil? Don't you feel a oily feel on the face?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
I don't understand why you're all using expensive cleansing oils when you can just use any organic oil at a tenth of the price (although castor oil is good to add to the mix because it draws out impurities from the skin).

And yes, I just use a wash cloth and lots of warm water to remove the oil - although I do like to use a mild toner afterwards.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
I am using Shu Uemura (the green one), but I like FANCL too.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |