Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What do you all think about eyelash perm?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Is it safe? How long does it last?
theyoungyvonne
5% products discount

Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
Tried once. It caused falling of my hair so I didn't do that again. Instead I use electric eye lash curler which gives a very curly effect.

I personally love the effect of eye lash extension much more since I have shorter lashes.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:29 am      Reply with quote
I do it once-twice a year, and have been doing so for about 5 years now. I've never experienced any negative side effects.. Lasts 3-5 months.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
Fat swan, how did the technician ensure that the perm chemical did not get inside your eyes and cause a problem?
pellie
5% products discount

Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Do they really do this! What if you used a really waxy mascara and a super duper eyelash curler? I hear the tarte makeup eyelash curler is a good one. Shock
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
I do this one every few months without any problem.

ruk1, the person covers my eyes with cotton pads while applying the perm solution.

pellie, I have stick straigh asian lashes and usually curlers don't do anything for me. Plus I don't use any make up or mascara so lashes will fall straight down minutes after being curled. This makes my eyes look more awake.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
mtview wrote:
I do this one every few months without any problem.

ruk1, the person covers my eyes with cotton pads while applying the perm solution.

pellie, I have stick straigh asian lashes and usually curlers don't do anything for me. Plus I don't use any make up or mascara so lashes will fall straight down minutes after being curled. This makes my eyes look more awake.

Do you have really long lashes to be able to do the perm? What if you have short asian lashes?
jandarling
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
i love eyelash perming too! it lasts around 3 months but i have really short eye lash so now i'm sticking to false lashies instead.
LL
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
I've permed my lashes a few times and quite liked the results; however, I noticed that my lashes seemed to be quite dry and the wonderful effects of my lash growing serums somewhat diminished when I permed.

It's awesome if you go on trips and want to avoid the curler or don't want to put on a ton of mascara.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:31 am      Reply with quote
jandarling wrote:
i love eyelash perming too! it lasts around 3 months but i have really short eye lash so now i'm sticking to false lashies instead.

How short are your lashes in mm? How did they perm your lashes if they're really short?
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:31 am      Reply with quote
LL wrote:
I've permed my lashes a few times and quite liked the results; however, I noticed that my lashes seemed to be quite dry and the wonderful effects of my lash growing serums somewhat diminished when I permed.

It's awesome if you go on trips and want to avoid the curler or don't want to put on a ton of mascara.

Does perming your lashes make them thicker, too, so you won't need mascara?
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:20 am      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
Fat swan, how did the technician ensure that the perm chemical did not get inside your eyes and cause a problem?

She didn't. I mean there were no physical barrier that protected my eye. I just kept my eyes shut tight, and she worked very carefully and VERY SLOWLY with a Qtip.. I actually have tried this in several different salons and have never experienced problems with stinging eyes.

And super short lashes aren't a problem becuase they have tiny tiny curling rods for short hairs. My lashes were never long before Lumigan, and I started with the medium rod.

As for super straight Asian hairs, that's what takes a long time because the technician has to glue every single hair to the perming rod before applying the perming solution. There's no problem, and results last quite a while.

HTH!
Magica
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:20 am      Reply with quote
I think it's actually better if you have short lashes. I tried having mine permed once and even the largest curling rods were too small and caused my long lashes to curl "backwards" if that makes sense (the curl was way too tight and made a full circle towards the lid). It looked ridiculous.

ruk1 - it doesn't make them thicker.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
I have mine done every couple of months, I get it done by a Japanese lady, would not trust your usual English salon with this. She uses a rod but does each eyelash individually which I believe salons don't usually do.

I have long eyelashes and not had a problem. She has tried a few different types on me including one without glue but we both like the second biggest rod with glue best on me so that's what we stick with.

Your lashes do get dry but with HA capsules and a conditioner she has from Japan, my lashes are fine. I don't wear mascara unless it's a special occasion.

I don't think it would be a problem for short Asia lashes as eyelash perming is a big thing in Japan, although I believe it came from Korea.
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
I don't like eyelash perm and feel it may harm my eyelash.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
ruk1 wrote:

She didn't. I mean there were no physical barrier that protected my eye. I just kept my eyes shut tight, and she worked very carefully and VERY SLOWLY with a Qtip.. I actually have tried this in several different salons and have never experienced problems with stinging eyes.

And super short lashes aren't a problem becuase they have tiny tiny curling rods for short hairs. My lashes were never long before Lumigan, and I started with the medium rod.

As for super straight Asian hairs, that's what takes a long time because the technician has to glue every single hair to the perming rod before applying the perming solution. There's no problem, and results last quite a while.

HTH!

Wow, sounds like it took a very long time each time you got an eyelash perm? How long did it take? How much does it cost?
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
Magica wrote:
I think it's actually better if you have short lashes. I tried having mine permed once and even the largest curling rods were too small and caused my long lashes to curl "backwards" if that makes sense (the curl was way too tight and made a full circle towards the lid). It looked ridiculous.

ruk1 - it doesn't make them thicker.

That's actually interesting that having short lashes fares better with eyelash perm. I never thought that would be the case. I thought longer lashes would make it easier and better results can be achieved.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
daisylondon wrote:
I have mine done every couple of months, I get it done by a Japanese lady, would not trust your usual English salon with this. She uses a rod but does each eyelash individually which I believe salons don't usually do.

I have long eyelashes and not had a problem. She has tried a few different types on me including one without glue but we both like the second biggest rod with glue best on me so that's what we stick with.

Your lashes do get dry but with HA capsules and a conditioner she has from Japan, my lashes are fine. I don't wear mascara unless it's a special occasion.

I don't think it would be a problem for short Asia lashes as eyelash perming is a big thing in Japan, although I believe it came from Korea.

Do you live in the US? How much does it cost to get the perming done? What are HA capsules? Is it something you take internally?
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:56 am      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
Do you live in the US? How much does it cost to get the perming done? What are HA capsules? Is it something you take internally?

Sorry, I live in the UK. It costs me about £25-30 (sterling) to get them done as I go to a lady who works for herself. Otherwise in London, in a salon, it would cost about £50-60. I think you could get it done in a salon outside London for about £25-£30 but they would just use a rod, not do use the Korean/Japanese technique the lady I go to uses.

HA capsules are hyaluronic acid capsules which are a dietary supplement. If you search the forum archives, you'll find threads about lip plumping but what I found they had an impact on my hair and eyelashes. The ones I take are the Now brand (orange label) which I buy at Whole Foods - they are a combination of HA and MSM.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Ruk1-

It takes anywhere between 90 min- 3 hrs depending on your technician's patience level and schedule. Bring some music and be prapared to take a nap.

They generally cost around $80 USD

Length of hair doesn't matter all that much becuase when I was using Lumigan to grow my lashes I graduated from the medium sized rod to XL and even though that was still too small for my long long lashes, the technician basically 'straighted' the part that curled back in on itself with some more neutralizer solution. So from the side it looks more like a tick (√) than a circle.

Does that make sense? HTH!!
Momos
5% products discount

Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
I have really short eyelashes and I got mine permed with my friend. Mine only lasted for about a month but my friend's lasted a lot longer and was more noticeable. I'm sure it's because my eyelashes are so short.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
I'd be scared to do it! I'd rather go with lash extensions (which I have done in the past).
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |