Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Help with fried hair and dying hair.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Crazyhatforever

Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I'm new to the forum and hope this is in the right place...

Ever since the fifth grade, I loved dying my hair wacky colors. Now, I never used permanent stuff until I was in middle school, and the black dye required bleach to get it out. My ends were fried, and it was horrid, since I used those "all in one" kits. I'm lucky since my hair dresser turns out to be my mom, and she knows what she's doing. But, ever since then I've been trying to fix my ends. Any tips? I tried hot oil treatments, but they don't seem to work well.. And conditioner has helped, but they're still awfully frizzy.

And my second request for help..
When I dye my hair now, nothing stays, except the ends. So, my roots would look how they were supposed to be with dye, the middle would fade almost by the next day, and the ends were bright, bright, brightly colored. :[ How do I get the dye to stay in my hair for the optimal amount of time? I heard heat helps, but I don't know..
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Can you give your hair a rest for a bit? I'm wondering if you just need to deep condition it for a while and lay off the hair coloring for now?
zyggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
I use coconut oil on my hair, apply a glop leave it on for an hour or so and wash it out. I have naturally frizzy, I mean curly hair.

Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
There's some good suggestions in here for damaged hair...

Damaged Hair Must Have-Lecithin & Coconut Enriched Hair
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=19016&highlight=hair

HELP -Hair breaking due to straight perm & Kerastase
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=19108&highlight=hair
baby
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
I love using the banana hair mask. What I do is take an overripe bannana, mash it and coat my hair with it. I wrap my hair with saran wrap which insulates it deepening the conditioning affect and leave it on for 20 minutes while watching tv or doing some household chores. You'll love it. Just make sure you rinse well Very Happy
Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:29 am      Reply with quote
I also think you need to rest your hair for a while and not put ny chemicals on it. Afterall, your hair became like thise, because of colouring it too much, so it's not very logical to keep doing it whilst expecting the quality of your hair improving.

I heard that a mayonaise mask is good for the hair. (lots of oil and protein)
As for colouring, you could try henna (natural) when your hair is back in a healthy state.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there Crazyhat4ever - I suggest you do a search on dry hair - You will find so many great suggestions for improvement and great products.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |