Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cellbone vs. Skinceuticals
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
buramiko
5% products discount

Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:27 am      Reply with quote
I'm thinking of getting either Cellbone or Skinceuticals, has anyone used both lines and which do prefer, if price is not an issue? How do you find it better than the other one?

I've done a brief research on both lines and I notice Skinceuticals are using alot of Ferulic Acids and Vitamin E, whilst Cellbone uses Idebenone, Matrixyl3000 and Human Growth Factor etc. and NO Ferulic Acid. Which ingredients are more important and more effective?
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:41 am      Reply with quote
This is a great question. Welcome to EDS by the way Smile I've used some of both, currently the Skinceuticals Phloretin. I can't find the potency of phloretin to see how strong it is compared to idebenone, vit e, etc. I've never seen any real difference with any of the vit c serums (from Vivier, IS Clinical, Cellbone, Skinceuticals, etc), I'm using it more for its protective antioxidant properties.

The phloretin is very light and sinks in quickly. The Cellbone one I tried (ce w/ idebenone) stung more than the Phloretin does, but I'm actually thinking of switching back to it since idebenone has the highest rating so far of all the antioxidants and I can't find much on phloretin (other than from Skinceuticals).

Can't wait to hear others responses......*listening*

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
buramiko
5% products discount

Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
tsjmon:
Are you referring to all the Cellbone's vitamin C serums (that contains l'ascorbic acid + 0.5% Idebenone)? I know that ascorbic acid does sting, and Skinceuticals' Phloretin serum also contains 10% ascorbic acid. So perhaps the cellbone serum you used contained a higher potency? So what % should I get?

Can you give more info about how Ibedenone is a better antioxidant? I mean there are sooo many out there (coffeeberry, phloretin, Matrixyl3000, ferulic acid, niacinamide, vitamin c ester etc.) it's hard to make a choice!! I mean even Cellbone itself has numerous serums containing different antioxidants!! Smile

That also leads to another issue about vitamin c. Perricone said ascorbic acid is stingy, it's water soluble, hard to penetrate, and will react badly when combined with the chemicals found naturally on your skin. His line uses Vitamin C Ester instead and according to him, this is the more advanced version of Vitamin C that doesn't sting and is oil soluble for better penetration. I'm not a fan of Perricone but he seems to have his point. I'm so confused Confused Does it mean that all products using L'ascorbic acid are a little bit "behind"?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
futurederm did a review between the skinceuticals C, E, Ferulic and a Cellbone. You might want to check out that site, as well.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
You're right that there are many other antioxidants. However, only a few have been studied and given an EPF (environmental protection factor) rating. Of those that were, it went something like this (most to least): idebenone, CoQ10, kinetin, vit e, vit c, and then something else. These are the antioxidants that have been studied and proven for skin. Coffeeberry could be more potent, we just don't have the scientific backing yet.

We can't put everything on our face, so I'm just trying to get the most bang for the buck and yet keep my regimen doable.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:05 am      Reply with quote
I was looking at the CellBone C serums also. I have been using SkinCeuticals CE + Ferulic Serum (15% pure L-ascorbic acid, 1% alpha tocopherol, __% ferulic acid) for a long time now. It is just getting expensive. I go through 1 bottle a month, that is $135 (1 oz.)!
Ingredients: Water, Ethoxydiglycol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Laureth-23, Alpha Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Ferulic Acid, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate

CellBone's Absolute C-20 Serum (20% L-ascorbic acid, 0.5% Alpha-Tocopherol and 0.5% Idebenone) is only $72.00 (1 oz.).
Ingredients:
Water, L-Ascorbic Acid, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Propylenglycol, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Zinc Sulfate, Bioflavonoides, Idebenone, Alpha Tocopherol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Centella Asiatica, Menthol.

Not sure which one is better as far as ingredients, but CellBone is 1/2 the price.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Here is the link to the review at FutureDerm:

http://www.futurederm.com/2008/02/13/cellbone-technology-c15ie-advanced-c-serum-an-alternative-to-skinceuticals-ce-ferulic/

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:45 am      Reply with quote
I have been using various Cellbone products for a while now, and I like their products. Currently I am using Rescue with Human growth factor http://cellbone.com/Rescue.htm

I do not use it daily, maybe twice a week, and I like it a lot! It also contains CoQ10 and retinol. I can not tolerate retin-a well, and use retin-a about once a week or every five days, while supplementing with retinol in Rescue. I experience light peeling a day or two after applying Rescue. The peeling is similar to retin-a, but there is no irritation as from retin-a. The fact that it contains a bunch of other actives also helps.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:02 am      Reply with quote
MystyPines wrote:
I go through 1 bottle a month

Wow, how much are you using that you go through it that fast? When I was using it, it lasted at least 3 months for me!
Allison_Wonderland
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered the c23 serum today (silly since I get a huge discount on skinceuticals, but there's nothing like the thrill of trying something new). I have used the Serum 15 for years and years now and I love it. I have oily skin and a humid work environment so I chose not to "upgrade" to the CE Ferulic when it came out and I've heard from my fellow estheticians that Phloretin can cause purging and irritation when first used so I've never taken that plunge either. I don't have the time or energy to baby my skin through a difficult purge. The only thing that concerns me with the c23 serum is that it doesn't contain ethoxydiglycol which is important for the penetration of vitamin c into the skin... I'm thinking of emailing cellbone to see if they might consider reformulating to include the ethoxydiglycol, but if it seems to work as well as my beloved Serum 15 then I guess it'll be a moot point. I'll post a review once I receive and use the c23 for an appreciable amount of time.
buramiko
5% products discount

Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:55 am      Reply with quote
mpstat,
why would you pick Rescue but not Retinol 1.0? If I'd like to try retinol which one should I get?
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:19 am      Reply with quote
buramiko - When I got Rescue I was not looking specifically for retinol, and only after I started using it I found that I value Rescue for having 1% retinol. It also has peptides especially Human Oligopeptide-3.

I got Rescue after talking to Alex, and he said that they came up with a new product and it was getting very good feedback to the point that it was their star product. Before Rescue their star product was something else. I had good experience with Cellbone before, they have good products and use quality ingredients, and Alex is very knowledgeable. If I remember correctly first I got a sample when they were in testing phase, and then it became available for sale, and I purchased it. When I started using Rescue it turned out that it has peeling effect similar to retin-a, but without retin-a irritation (Note: peeling is more apparent on the second day after the treatment, not on the first one). After I found it, I scaled down on retin-a and complimented it with Rescue. Supposedly Rescue is a spot treatment, but I use it for the entire face, and just a tiny amount is enough. Also I use it only once or twice a week, so a bottle lasts for a VERY long time.

My daughter LOVES Cellbone Skin Nutra. She is a teenager, and I tried to talk her out of using it, but she insists on me getting it for her. She also uses their toner, and cleanser all the time.

You can call Cellbone and ask for Alex, he should be able to answer your questions, and help with product selection.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:21 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:

My daughter LOVES Cellbone Skin Nutra. She is a teenager, and I tried to talk her out of using it, but she insists on me getting it for her. She also uses their toner, and cleanser all the time.

You can call Cellbone and ask for Alex, he should be able to answer your questions, and help with product selection.

Hi mpstat, this post caught my eye because a 1 oz. bottle of Skin Nutra was included in my last order. What are your daughter's skin concerns? Reviewing the ingredients, I'm slightly hesitant that it may be too rich for oily/combo facial skin, but may reserve it for around the eyes and neck/chest area.

Ingredients for Skin Nutra - http://cellbone.com/Skinnutra.htm

Aloe Vera Juice, Glycerin, Inca Inchi Oil, Avocado Oil, DMAE, Emulsifying Wax, Alpha Tocopherol, Caviar Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Retinol Palmitate, Niacinamide, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Rosehip Seed Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Tamanu Oil, Rosemary Oleoresin, Xanthan Gum, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Fragrance

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:41 am      Reply with quote
My daughter is a teenager, and she has pretty good skin mildly prone to acne, but she keeps it under control. I do not think that she had major skin problems, but somehow she insisted that Skin Nutra was one of the best things she tried. When I talked to Alex, he said that Skin Nutra is full of actives and targeted more for adults. It took me a bit of pulsation to switch her to another thing. Probably I did not answer your question, but she was quite fond of Skin Nutra.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi mpstat, we're on at the same time! Smile Actually, you did answer my question; I was surprised to hear a teenager using this product as it was also my understanding that it's more suitable for mature skin.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |