Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Olay Professional Pro-X
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
buramiko
5% products discount

Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 am      Reply with quote
So many people talking about Olay Pro-X and so much press coverage. Futurederm.com says it's better than Regenerist, but some Amazon users said otherwise.

According to claims backed by clinical results, it cures hyperpigmentation, wrinkles, fine lines,and dehydration i.e pretty much everything (except Acne), for a price much lower than dept stores cosmetics. I've never tried anything from Olay but am a bit tempted this time Wink

Has anyone tried and what's your experience?
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
I saw this on sale at cvs and there was a $5 off coupon on sunday papers last week. I'm pretty tempted especially since if it doesn't work, i can return to cvs for a full refund. I'd like to hear too if anyone else tried this yet. I'm interested in the hyperpigmentation line.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
here's a link to some user reports:

http://sparkleshelf.com/skin-care/new-olay-pro-x-line-hits-drugstores-2009-is-it-worth-price-point

btw, it's about $42 a jar at cvs and there are obviously more than one lines of this Pro-X product line. There's the eye cream, anti-aging face cream with spf 30, hyperpigmentation line (the one i'm interested), and so on. Got the pic? So if you buy the entire line, it can really add up. Is it worth it? The article says 15 derms worked for olay to create this line. Hope they know what they were doing!!!! Shock
pinkberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
I saw the Kit containing 3 products is selling for cdn $89 at local drugstore. With little promotion material that average drugstore shopper has been exposed to, I wonder how receptive people to these new products at such high drugstore prices.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
pinkberry wrote:
I saw the Kit containing 3 products is selling for cdn $89 at local drugstore. With little promotion material that average drugstore shopper has been exposed to, I wonder how receptive people to these new products at such high drugstore prices.

Hey I saw a kit with 3 Pro-X products for $89 at costco recently. I thought costco is supposed to be cheaper than a drugstore. Rolling Eyes Confused

I'm still tempted to try this line. Embarassed
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
I'm interested in the hyperpigmentation products also, but would probably only use a cream for nighttime, and would not use a special cleanser (love my DHC cleansing oil!)
pinkberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
pinkberry wrote:

Hey I saw a kit with 3 Pro-X products for $89 at costco recently. I thought costco is supposed to be cheaper than a drugstore. Rolling Eyes Confused

Go ahead Bira Razz Olay says on its website that they guarantee the results, I take that as money back guarantee. I am thinking of calling them to confirm if thats the case.
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
At the Costco were the products full size? I believe the kit at the drugstores are smaller?
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
milbader wrote:
At the Costco were the products full size? I believe the kit at the drugstores are smaller?

I think so! The products look like full size to me. They don't look miniature.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
pinkberry wrote:
Bira wrote:
pinkberry wrote:

Go ahead Bira Razz Olay says on its website that they guarantee the results, I take that as money back guarantee. I am thinking of calling them to confirm if thats the case.

Yeah, I saw that, too. So if CVS won't take it back, hopefully Olay will. They are also offering $25 rebate with $50 purchase for those who buy and love the stuff and don't want to return.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:
I'm interested in the hyperpigmentation products also, but would probably only use a cream for nighttime, and would not use a special cleanser (love my DHC cleansing oil!)

That's the one I want to try, too!!
caboodle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone here tried the ProX for a while? Like it? Hated it? Worth the price?
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
caboodle wrote:
Has anyone here tried the ProX for a while? Like it? Hated it? Worth the price?

Yes, I am wondering the same thing! Please do share.
Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all, I've been using the Olay ProX for about 2 weeks now (night cream & day cream) and I like it very much. Skin stays hydrated and smooth, nice light fragrance, SPF 15 on the day cream which leaves no residue/oil and I have observed some diminishment in fine lines. If you are not "wed" to a current skin cream give it a try!
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Determined, thanks for the review. I am very lame because I've been meaning to try it but have not got around to it. I think what stopped me was the price. So expensive. But there's a money back guarantee, so I should bite the bullet. grrrrrrrrr Confused
Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
SO SORRY!! I responded to question about Olay Pro X and what I've actually been using is LOREAL REVITALIFT DEEP SET WRINKLE REPAIR. My comments remain the same however, I do like it. Too many products - too confusing - small brain...
Amy Lu
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
OLAY brand let me feel too oil for skin
nevava
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
i wonder if it fit my mom's very dry skin.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
I'm still trying to search for reviews of the Pro-x day cream with SPF. Anyone tried this? While I'm using the avocado oil at night, I can't use it in the day. Too greasy.
Freeborn81

Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:10 am      Reply with quote
I have tried the pro x repair lotion (which is the one with spf 30) and I am very pleased with it. I used to use the definity foaming moisturizer for the day, and the pro x seems lighter but more moisturizing. The niacinamide in it is also a great protector. The eye restoration cream was really drying, which was somewhat of a disappointment. I prefer skinceuticals with .1 % retinol over the deep wrinkle treatment because it smoothed more of the fine line on my forehead than the Olay deep wrinkle treatment. The hydra firming cream was a bit too moisturizing for me but I am 28 years old so my skin tends to retain moisture very nicely. Over all for me the regenerist and definity lines are better than pro x and less money. I do, however prefer the repair lotion since it has an spf 30 in it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Freeborn81 wrote:
I have tried the pro x repair lotion (which is the one with spf 30) and I am very pleased with it. I used to use the definity foaming moisturizer for the day, and the pro x seems lighter but more moisturizing. The niacinamide in it is also a great protector. The eye restoration cream was really drying, which was somewhat of a disappointment. I prefer skinceuticals with .1 % retinol over the deep wrinkle treatment because it smoothed more of the fine line on my forehead than the Olay deep wrinkle treatment. The hydra firming cream was a bit too moisturizing for me but I am 28 years old so my skin tends to retain moisture very nicely. Over all for me the regenerist and definity lines are better than pro x and less money. I do, however prefer the repair lotion since it has an spf 30 in it.

Serious thanks for your input. It's so hard to find anyone here that has used Pro-X. It costs a lot of money although it comes with satisfaction guarantee, but so would buying it from CVS because they let you return if you're not happy. Very Happy
Marysia

Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:50 am      Reply with quote
I really splurged and purchased the wrinkle repair protocol about 3 weeks ago and I love it. I've tried most of the olay lines and they have been average in my opinion but this line has been amazing to me. It's only been 3 weeks and I see a significant change in my skin, my pores are much less noticeable, the fine lines (and some not so fine) are fading and the overall appearance has a fresher more radiant appearance. I keep glancing in the mirror at the refreshed looking me! I have been feeling bad about my appearance and this has been a real nice boost for me.
A note about the under eye lotion, the first few days it looked like it was making things worse but soon after it really did smooth out my eye area. Guess my skin was in transition. I will try the hydro firm next, anyone have an opinion on it?
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Marysia wrote:
I really splurged and purchased the wrinkle repair protocol about 3 weeks ago and I love it. I've tried most of the olay lines and they have been average in my opinion but this line has been amazing to me. It's only been 3 weeks and I see a significant change in my skin, my pores are much less noticeable, the fine lines (and some not so fine) are fading and the overall appearance has a fresher more radiant appearance. I keep glancing in the mirror at the refreshed looking me! I have been feeling bad about my appearance and this has been a real nice boost for me.
A note about the under eye lotion, the first few days it looked like it was making things worse but soon after it really did smooth out my eye area. Guess my skin was in transition. I will try the hydro firm next, anyone have an opinion on it?

Hi Marysia,
Thanks for the input. What is the wrinkle protocol? Is it the starter kit that comes with 3 products? A local CVS sells it for $65 or so. Is that the one?
Marysia

Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, it is the starter kit that includes the eye restoration, wrinkle smoothing cream for night and the age repair w spf 30 for the day. I purchased it at Target for 62.99 which I think is a pretty good deal considering that you get 3 products. They also have the protocol for deeper wrinkles for the same price. I was looking at Olay's website today and they are offering a $10.00 coupon if you complete a small survey. I am very budgeted however my skin has taken a nosedive in the last several months and am glad I treated myself. Before this I tried Dermitage which for me was awful, thank goodness they were running a trial offer and it only cost me 4.95, its normally 89.95.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Marysia wrote:
Yes, it is the starter kit that includes the eye restoration, wrinkle smoothing cream for night and the age repair w spf 30 for the day. I purchased it at Target for 62.99 which I think is a pretty good deal considering that you get 3 products. They also have the protocol for deeper wrinkles for the same price. I was looking at Olay's website today and they are offering a $10.00 coupon if you complete a small survey. I am very budgeted however my skin has taken a nosedive in the last several months and am glad I treated myself. Before this I tried Dermitage which for me was awful, thank goodness they were running a trial offer and it only cost me 4.95, its normally 89.95.

Thanks for the tip about the online coupon on olay web site. I will check it out. $10 off is a big deal in this tight economy. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |