Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

To Obagi or not Obagi?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mdspice
5% products discount

Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
I came to EDS tongiht determined to buy and start Obagi Nuderm program. This was three hours ago and I have spent a good amount of time reading all your messages and ups and downs on the Obagi system.
Now i feel more confused. I am new to this site, not new to beauty/skin products. I want to know if this is worth it b/c I spent way too much money on Kate Somerville products that were not anything special for the price.
I also am not sure if I should get Nuderm or ZO Skincare.

I have fair skin, blue eyes and my skin is in fairly good condition. I have faint freckles which I don't mind however the pores on my nose are larger than they used to be. I break out monthly but that is it.

My skincare goals are to have radiant skin and to slow down the aging process. I have very few wrinkles if any.
Would this line be worth it for me?

I would love any recommendations...all you ladies seem very well versed and speak from experience.
thanks
mdspice
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
mdspice wrote:
I came to EDS tongiht determined to buy and start Obagi Nuderm program. This was three hours ago and I have spent a good amount of time reading all your messages and ups and downs on the Obagi system.
Now i feel more confused. I am new to this site, not new to beauty/skin products. I want to know if this is worth it b/c I spent way too much money on Kate Somerville products that were not anything special for the price.
I also am not sure if I should get Nuderm or ZO Skincare.

I have fair skin, blue eyes and my skin is in fairly good condition. I have faint freckles which I don't mind however the pores on my nose are larger than they used to be. I break out monthly but that is it.

My skincare goals are to have radiant skin and to slow down the aging process. I have very few wrinkles if any.
Would this line be worth it for me?

I would love any recommendations...all you ladies seem very well versed and speak from experience.
thanks
mdspice

I do not think you need such a harsh system for radiant skin and to slow down the aging process. Get yourself a good topical C serum and a good sunscreen and use those every morning, and use a Retinoid product at night. Obagi is for sundamaged skin and can be really rough for some people and is really best used under the care of a derm/nurse so they can monitor your skin.
mdspice
5% products discount

Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl
thank you so much for your prompt reply! I feel like i know you as i read at least 100 of your posts guiding others tonight.
I thought this might be more than i needed. I am a physician myself and will ask my derm friends when I can but you all seemed to be so knowledgeable.
Would it make sense to pick and choose some products from Obagi.
Like a Vit C? maybe some of the new ZO products.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
Obagi and ZO are definitely compatible so you could certainly do that. I prefer the Skinceuticals C, but everyone's skin is so different that it probably will be trial and error for you to find one you love! From the sounds of your skin, you definitely don't need hydroquinone or anything as severe as Nu Derm! Good luck and keep us posted on what you choose to do.
mdspice
5% products discount

Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:33 am      Reply with quote
thanks rileygirl

started looking at Skinceuticals...were u speaking of the Skinceuticals C E Ferulic serum or the Skinceuticals AOX...there is also a Skinceuticals C +AHA?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:02 am      Reply with quote
My personal preference is the Skinceuticals C, E, Ferulice, mdspice. That one has studies backing up its claims. While there may be some wrinkle diminishing with this product, my biggest love of it comes from the added sunprotection you are getting when you apply that under your sunscreen.

Skinceuticals has a new one called Phloretin that is also supposed to be good. I have not seen any studies on that one personally, but there may be one out there. Also, I tried the Phloretin and it left my skin very dry feeling and I did not care for it. From reading around, especially on futurederm, she advised that the Phloretin is great for oily skinned gals and the C, E, Ferulic is great for dry skinned gals. I have normal skin, btw. Hope that helps!
mdspice
5% products discount

Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
thanks again rileygirl

back to another night of researching this on the forums...but want to buy something tongight

mdspice
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
It's awful when you want to buy something, but don't know what to get, isn't it? Laughing Good luck!
mdspice
5% products discount

Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
leaning towards vivier right now...the new dilemma is vivier IDS C 20 or the vivier IDS C + E???

wow what torture to figure out the best way to spend $100 plus on face serum
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Have you looked at this thread, mdspice?

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=32414
mdspice
5% products discount

Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
I have..this is where all my confusion sets in..now I get back to wondering if i need the Obagi with C and HQ...but like i said pigmentation isn't as much of a problem

I promise you that I am much more decisive at work Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
I think the Vivier C, E, Kinerol sounds very good. Check this blog out.
http://drroseca.blogspot.com/search/label/C%20E%20Kinerol
mdspice
5% products discount

Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:07 am      Reply with quote
yeah, that does look like a good one..i will buy today...last nights deadline has past

thanks
mdspice
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |