Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Needs rec's a very basic moisturizer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:39 am      Reply with quote
I just want a basic moisturizer and cant seem to find one that will work for me. I have dry skin but am very acne prone. Cant use silicone, squalene, EO's, jojoba.
Does such a moisturizer exist?

PS - I already use a HA w/carrier oil but need a cream/lotion to seal in the moisture.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:49 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried the Cetaphil cleanser for oily skin? I quite like it-- it's leaves the skin not too tight, but still 'squeaky clean'
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Avene cream for intolerant skin may work for you but I dont recall the exact ingredients. Very Happy
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
lunathefinal wrote:
Avene cream for intolerant skin may work for you but I dont recall the exact ingredients. Very Happy

This cream actually contains squalane Sad But I'm going to check out the rest of the line. Thanks for mentioning it.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
I notice from the Argan Oil thread that you've been considering using that. I have not problems with it at all. I don't get acne but I do get clogged pores because I have Sebacious Hyperplacia. I use Argan Oil in the AM and Emu Oil in the PM. I would recommend giving both a try.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I notice from the Argan Oil thread that you've been considering using that. I have not problems with it at all. I don't get acne but I do get clogged pores because I have Sebacious Hyperplacia. I use Argan Oil in the AM and Emu Oil in the PM. I would recommend giving both a try.

I likely will give the argan a try but probably wont be getting it for a couple of weeks. Alot of people do seem to like it.
Emu is nice but I break out in a rash every time I try to use it. My skin is so crazy.

Luckily I live in a humid climate so even though my skin is on the dry side its not usually a problem but we have been having a cold spell with no humidity and my skin is so dry.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
I would like to recommend Eucerin Q10 Antiwrinkle sensitive skin cream:
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=40000&catid=13554

Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Cocoate, Stearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Biosaccharide Gum 1 (Vitamin E), Ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q10), Tridecyl Stearate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Biotin, Zea Mays Oil (Corn), Beta Carotene, Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate, Carbomer, Titanium Dioxide, Alumina, Silica, Sodium Polyacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxymethyl Glycinate

It's moisturizing without being sticky and doesn't contain any silicones (a miracle for a drugstore cream). Many acne-prone girls on makeupalley use this. It's also a great eye cream.

I also have sebaceous hyperplasia and syringomas and this doesn't aggravate the conditions. I can use emu oil without any problem. I live in a humid climate too (humidity is above 90% most of the year).
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Mlrox! I'm going to look for this at walmart tomorrow.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Oops sorry I just reread the thread topic and realized you were looking for a moisturizer instead of cleanser.

Cerave lotion is pretty light and basic-- it has nothing but ceramides so it shouldn't irritate. Just use your actives in serum form, and layer Cerave on top.
Minnie

Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Complex 15 Therapuetic moisturizing lotion. It's wonderful and has saved my sensitive Winter-dry skin. I order it from an on-line drug store site, as I am finding it more difficult to find in stores. Truly marvelous stuff and completely gentle and fragrance free. My all-time favorite moisturizer, with Cetaphil lotion or cream coming in second. It's not going to break your wallet either, another bonus.
mowgli
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:10 am      Reply with quote
not everyone will like this tip, but i use vaseline over any cream (including my eye creams) to seal in moisture, day and night. Leaves my skin feeling plumper, and I don't get that tight feeling

I am also prone to spots, but I find vaseline helps with spot breakouts, in fact sometimes I spot treat with vaseline and find that spots heal quicker.

What I do is I wet my palms, and put a small amount of vaseline in them, rub together (i suppose it dilutes the vaseline somewhat) and then onto my face - my skin doesnt feel greasy at all, but i guess the light layer of vaseline is doing something since my skin likes it..I put it on neat around my eyes..

Maybe give it a try for a couple of days, ur skin might like it!
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:44 am      Reply with quote
mowgli - vaseline is great for sealing in the moisture. I sometimes use this at night also.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |