Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

FAV L2K COLORS!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Canadakona
5% products discount

Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thought it would be neat to hear WHATS HOT and WHATS NOT - L2K colored T2H, CNGs, pents.....I was going to ask on the monster L2K thread (needs a part 2)!! but it is so long.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
I am too new to the L2K lip products to be of any help but, on a related note, does anyone know what color gloss or NG replaced the infamous but no longer available Sexy Mama color that was highly touted on the long thread?
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
I don't like these products at all. The colour doesn't stay mixed and they leak out making the rim and screw part goopy with product thus making the lid unscrew and ooze out. I compalined about this as it stained my Ferragamo wallet and Gucci bag. I will never ever purchase this stuff again!

5% products discount

Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
OHHH Confused I have never had any problems with the colors yet? Sorry to hear that Sad I know you have to "shake n mix" the colors before applying, but never had leakage...never had a Gucci bag either. Sure if it spilled in my Guess bag it wouldnt be the same problem. Smile
brenpatsa....thanks for responding. I am new here...LOVE IT!! OMG..can't believe I hadn't found this forum earlier!! I haven't tried any of the NGs yet, just the T2H and pent colors.MY FAV - Frisco Fawn and Sonoma Sun (pents)
but sure I might not get too many comments on this thread as not too many people on the L2K system.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite penetrable color has been chocolate raspberry (lighter version). The only problem I have had is the shades tend to vary every time you order. I combat this problem with the glaze. If the color is a bit dark, I put a lighter glaze, if it's light I put on a darker glaze. I think she is currently working toward more consistency in her forumlas.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
charis wrote:
My favorite penetrable color has been chocolate raspberry (lighter version). The only problem I have had is the shades tend to vary every time you order. I combat this problem with the glaze. If the color is a bit dark, I put a lighter glaze, if it's light I put on a darker glaze. I think she is currently working toward more consistency in her forumlas.

Charis - can you recommend your favorite glaze colors?

Canada - oh, you'd be surprised how many forum readers use the L2K products!! Have you seen the mammoth L2K thread? You might want to ask about favorite colors on that thread as it will trigger email notifications for all the people who have posted on it over the years. (well, if the notification system is working properly, that is!) Just a thought!
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Brenpatsa, currently I like the raspberry milk chocolate glaze - I used to get a lighter one that was a color no longer on her sight (but she would still make it) but this time when I got it, it was A LOT different and I no longer like it. So currently I recommend raspberry milk choc. for both pen. and glaze. The really great thing about Kandis is that if you don't like the color, she will fix it. She'll ask if you want more choc. in it or rasp. etc. - she follows up on it and checks in to see how you like it. It does take awhile to receive lipcolor orders though - at least for me - so plan for that. I have learned on that one. If you receive colors you don't like at all, I am confident she would fix it for you until you do. So even though there has been a lack of consistency, I know Kandis care and is trying to make her customers happy and you won't feel stuck paying for product that you don't like. For that reason, I keep on ordering and am really happy with the color - it is the only thing I wear!

5% products discount

Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
hmmmmm....milk chocolate rasberry sounds like a juicy color I might have to try!!
Is it more of a matte or shimmer?? I notice the matte pents look better on me.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Rapberry milk choc. is more of a matte color. I think on any of the colors though you could tell her if you want it more matte or shimmer and she would do it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
My hands down favorite is the T2H #4. It's a pinkish-brown and looks like my lip color but slightly darker. Not too dark, not too light.

I ordered the rasp milk choc once b/c the name sounded delicious, but on my fair skin it was more of a brown and fairly dark. HTH

The #2 T2H is more of a frosted pink.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
The current version of rasp. milk choc. (lighter version) is much lighter than it used to be. She offers a dark or a light version. I agree, it used to be quite dark (I am fair too) and I used to put a lighter glaze on top to soften it. With the newest version, it isn't very dark and the lighter glaze made it way too light, and the rasp. milk choc. glaze itself (which is also lighter now) works really well on it and truly isn't dark at all, but does add color. The changes in color formulation can drive one wacky, but she will keep fixing it for you until it is right.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Ladies,

I was reading on Scally's forum that some people have found the pent colors to be uncomfortable and tight. One said that the color would start to peel off no matter how lightly she applied ir or how much glaze she put on top. I don't want to spend all that money just to have it sit in my drawer so I figured I would ask your opinion. Your experiences?
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:48 am      Reply with quote
What is scally's forum? Have the people used her colors since she changed her formulas? When I first started, the formula was different and not as nice at all. You could work with it, but it took work. Wondering if they are speaking of that product. The current product doesn't peel at all on me - not sure how it could.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
Scally is the moderator at Lab Muffins.
I don't know if they were using a new formulation or not. Nothing like that was mentioned. I do know the conversation took place in June of last year. When did Kandis re-formulate?
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
She had already re-formulated by last June - it was really the year before that that they were trickier to work with. Although she just reformulated again (at least my order) and it goes on really nicely.

5% products discount

Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:29 am      Reply with quote
I know the first formula was a little tricky to work with..especially if your lips are not seriously hydrated. I just ordered palm dessert pink. Anyone tried this one?
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:01 am      Reply with quote
I am glad to hear that the current pent formulas are working for people. I know I won't be able to resist ordering one once my lips are hydrated...which will be a long while, I think.

I am so confused by Kandis's website. There is a mention of Lip 2 Shine glosses but I can't see a listing for it. I do see a lip gloss called Drama Queen but that is the only color offered and it doesn't refer to it as Lip 2 Shine. Anyone have any ideas?

And, if anyone knows, how are the glazes for color different from the lip gloss that I mentioned?

If you were just starting out, what would you use during the day, colored Night Glaze or the colored Time2Heal?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:20 am      Reply with quote
I've enjoyed doing business with Kandis but have always found her site confusing. I can't tell what's what and where it is. I haven't bought anything in quite a while but it would be nice if the site was more user friendly. If you know what you want I'm sure you can find it. for me I'd like more explanation of the what and why of products. Just like Brenpatsa's question above.
Canadakona
5% products discount

Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
There is weekly routines on your instruction sheet you should have got with your first order. I think it says if one isn't working for you, try the other. The colored T2H was more pleasant for me - just felt more hydrating!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
I started L2K before she had T2H. So it would be nice to have a glossary explaining each of the products and when to use which. I have a few original items but would like to switch in some new product.

And - YES - I loved Sexy Mama gloss. Wow, can't believe it's gone. Crying or Very sad
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Canadakona wrote:
There is weekly routines on your instruction sheet you should have got with your first order. I think it says if one isn't working for you, try the other. The colored T2H was more pleasant for me - just felt more hydrating!

I saw that long listing of options but honestly, that just confused me more because she didn't indicate why one would choose one option over the other. I certainly don't want to have to buy one of each type of product in order to figure that out for myself, KWIM?

I know that the T2H has lower concentrations of the 3 products it contains (LC, NG, LG) but I would love to know how much lower.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
I am clueless on what the T2H is for exactly. I have purchased it once and still don't know what the difference is. She could stand to explain this better! I didn't notice anything dramatically different about it than my colored NG but it would be nice to know the "whys" and what it is for exactly!

5% products discount

Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:51 am      Reply with quote
After reading over the instructions again, I find myself confused. Confused These are all valid questions that should be more clearly stated on the L2K website.
I think the weekly instructions are in order of what level you are at in rejuvenation. As for the CNGs compared to the colored T2Hs...I think you would just use what felt best. By looking at the instructions, I would think the CNGs are a first color step before the T2H. Guess a person would have to ask Kandis directly. I have never done the instructed routine as I had to substitute a lip balm for the NG at first. I went from a colored T2H to the pents (only on weekends) as my lips are not fully rejuvenated.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |