Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Mineral make-up wearers: do you use cream blush?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
myamax
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:27 am      Reply with quote
Hello!
I have been a fan of mineral make-up for a number of years now.

I would like to vary my make-up routine a smidge and try utilizing a cream blush rather than powder (keep reading about the staying power and added glow from cream blush vs. powder)

For those of you mineral make-up wearers, I have a few questions:
- do you have a favourite cream blush you like to use?
- when do you put the blush on...under or over your minerals? With powder blush I apply it overtop of my minerals...yet wasn't sure if this would be the case with a cream?

Any thoughts and tips would be much appreciated!
Thanks and enjoy the day.
havana8

Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Definitely Julie Hewett Cheekies which I use both under or over MMU as well as on my lips and browbone. EDS has the single cheekie jars plus some of the palettes that have multiple cheekie colours such as the Mandy palette which contains two cheekies in Natural and Peachie.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/julie-hewett-cheekies-p_7588.htm
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/palettes-m_581_589.htm
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:09 am      Reply with quote
I always used to put any cream products UNDER MMU when I used it. If I put the cream blush over the MMU it didn't go on very smoothly and seemed to smudge. Maybe you have a better technique and can do it, but for me: no.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:44 am      Reply with quote
I use cream blushes over my mineral and powder foundations. The best way to apply them is to use a synthetic blush or foundation brush and buff them into your cheeks. Applying them this way gives me a glowing from within look. It also disperses the cream evenly over the minerals. Buff them on just like you do with your minerals but obviously on the cheeks only. My favorite cream blushes are Bobbi Brown's pot rouges, Julie Hewitt Cheekies and Ditzy Cosmetics "like a dream cream blush" This last one is my favorite and the shade I love is a peachy pink shade called Reviere.
havana8

Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:19 am      Reply with quote
I forgot to include IQBeauty's Cream Blush/Faceglows which is my other favourite à la Blues! Shock
http://www.iqbeauty.com
Oakview
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:57 am      Reply with quote
I use the Tarte cheek stains over the minerals. Then I use a make up finishing spray over the whole thing.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
I've used cream blush (the wonderful Julie Hewett Cheekies) both over and under mineral makeup. Used under makeup, you get a very subtle and natural look. I also find that I can use more pigmented blushes if I use them under the mineral makeup without the dreaded clown look. (I'm very pale-faced, though.) Used over makeup, you get a more pronounced flush.

Application makes all the difference--my favorite application technique is to use a skunk brush and swirl it over the cheek area to the desired tone. I also have and like the Julie Hewett Cheekie brush--tiny with very dense and soft bristles, designed especially for cream blush application. The Becca cream blush brush is also very nice, if you like a more traditional type of brush.
Mabsy

Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
I tend to use powder blush (at the moment alternating between Bareminerals Radiance and a Pout blush) over MMU but have also used cream in the past. I generally tend to apply cream blush before MMU, just to tone it down a little bit (I'm very pale). I've found that (at least with my technique) the cream blush does not apply very well on a powdery skin surface.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
iv only experimented with powder blush with MMU but i dont like the look too much yet.....maybe i will try the Julie Hewitt Cheekies Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
i was just checking out the Julie Hewitt Cheekies on EDS and i read that you can also use it on lips? Does anyone here do that?

And which color can you advise would be more suitable for my skin tone. I have tan skin tone with yellow undertones i think. I can get away with wearing Medium Beige/Medium Beige Summer/Buttered Tan from EM MMU. Of Indian Origin but m not too dark. So based on this description which one of those cheekies would you say be best suitable. M deciding between the Rosie and Peach Color. I normally dont wear anything on the lips other than chapsticks....but my lips i noticed are uneven in color the top lip is darker compared to the bottom lip which is more rosy color. So i am thinking i could wear this on my lips to even them out while also keeping a rosy natural day time look without looking like im wearing lipstick. Same with the blush. So any recommendations?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I would guess that the Peachie color would be gorgeous with your coloring. Another warm option would be Bette, a deep tawny-adobe color with a tiny bit of shimmer. (The other Cheekies have no shimmer.) The Cheekies have the same formula as the JH Bijou sheer lipsticks except that they are less pigmented. In theory you can use them on your lips, but they are pretty subtle. The Vampie is a darker plummy burgundy color which I have used as a light lipstick.

Rosie is a cool tone. If you like pinker-rosier blush tones, you might like it. I find it too cool for me and prefer Jami, a bit more muted mauvy pink when I'm looking for a pinker blush.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
I forgot to include IQBeauty's Cream Blush/Faceglows which is my other favourite à la Blues! Shock
http://www.iqbeauty.com

Hi Havana, wave
Do you have a favorite Blush/faceflow? Just checked out the site. I love my JH cheekie in peach and Natural (Mandy palette - rocks). But always looking for the next thing. Thanks!
Sis Very Happy
baby
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
I apply the blush on top of the mineral foundation, whether it be cream or powder.
bkurant
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
i love using cream blush under mmu. i found it gives the most wonderful natural glow. also, used this way my blush lasts all day, without any need for touch-ups.
with proper brushes, you can apply the cream blush over your minerals, but it could be more difficult to control and make it look natural

my favs: nars cactus flower - love, love, love
and revlon creamy blush in a stick, which is really suprisingly a very good quality and never breaks my senstive skin.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |