Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
How many beauty gadgets or tools do you own and use?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:12 am      Reply with quote
How many beauty gadgets or tools do you own? How many are you actually using and can't live without?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:32 am      Reply with quote
too many.Dermawand, clarisonic, Flexeffect, Loulou's program, Carole's program,facial flex,Thats for starters....
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Only 1- a mono polar RF. But still too lazy to use regularly
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:48 am      Reply with quote
I dont have any gadgets..can you believe it!
The closest thing I have is Shiseido facial brush. I do want to get a dermaroller.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Well..if facial exercises count as a 'tool' ..which I guess it actually does!...then I have and use regularly Loulou's Ageless execises...which I could not live without..and FE(flex effect)..which I'm just becoming aquainted with...and an old some old videos and books on facial exercise that I'm now re-introducing into my routine (Carole Maggio's video..Eva fraser's book)

I wish i had kept up some of the facial exercises from 12-15years ago (when I didn't need them!!!)

I have bought the lightstim led a few months ago..but returned it due to a number of difficulties i had with it..and most likely wouldn't purchase another led....as I feel the facial exercises (and massage...so i guess my fingers in massage are the tools!)..need to be my primary beauty tools now..

Oh...and I am about to order the vaculifter..which feels simple..and low tech..and I probably will do so right after i post this!

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:20 am      Reply with quote
I just bought my first gadget, the Tria Laser for home hair removal. I'll be starting my laser treatments at home next week. I can't wait !! I want to remove my leg, bikini and armpit hair. The first place I'm going to work on though is the few dark facial hairs I've been getting as I age. They are mostly above my lip and on my chin.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Let's see. I have:

Dermarollers - rarely used
Vaculifter - rarely used
Epilator machine - used as needed
Flex effect - should use more often but haven't been using lately (bad ruk!)

Don't remember what else I have tucked away in my drawer.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
Only 1- a mono polar RF. But still too lazy to use regularly

fat_swan, what is it? Does it work? What results have you personally seen?

Me: babyQ- use it every week for revving up the circulation
Dermaroller - don't use it anymore - too rough on my skin
NCNProSkincare microfiber cloth - use it once a week for exfoliation - I like it better than the Clarisonic which was too rough

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Clarisonic - which I use often
Epilator - when needed (thinking of changing brands, I have the Braun, but want the Emjoi - anyone know where I can get this in Vancouver?)
Oxylight - no, not the detergent, the wand. Use it when I get zits.

That's it. I use them all Smile
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Facial Exercise - Ageless/Flexeffect - loving it!
Clarisonic - I use daily and wouldn't go without
BabyQ - approx. weekly, sometimes more, sometimes less, I do like this gadget!
Stop - I have yet to see any benefit from it, but will continue on for a few months.
Zeno - helps to zap zits here and there

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
oh iforgot to ad the dermaroller and epilator too
fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
The closest thing I have is Shiseido facial brush. I do want to get a dermaroller.

i am with you:)
just don't know how to use them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
For me, I regularly use the Epicare threader, the Clarisonic, the ProLight Platinum LED, and I've just started the Ageless If You Dare exercises.

All are well worth it, in my opinion.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:34 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:

I don't have any gadgets, either, other than the dermaroller!
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:41 am      Reply with quote
I don't own any of those gadgets. Its not necessary in my routine. As you can see most of the ladies have several and don't use them. I say MOST of the ladies. Some women do like to spend time with these items.
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
babyQuasar. I still use it once to twice a week.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2009 10:01 am      Reply with quote
I don't have any yet, but I am learning a lot and I think I am going to buy the baby q pack and a clarisonic, not so sure about the clarisonic, I also want a mini facial steamer and dermaroller.
rbrooks

Fri May 08, 2009 9:23 am      Reply with quote
OMG laset helmet, Dermaroller, Clarasonic, and I just order the Safe-tox.

I use all of the above regularly.
Magica
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 08, 2009 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Ageless/FlexEffect- 6 days a week
Tanda- 2-3 times per week
Dry brushing (does that count?)- every day
DermaWand- I only use it once in a while, whenever I remember that I own it, but I do like it. Laughing

And I just received my Vaculifter today! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 08, 2009 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
I have :

Vacuum Therapy machine: first I've done 10 treatments, now use every other day!

ProLight Red: use it 3 times a week

Dermaroller: use it once in 2 weeks before ProLight.

NuFace: do not use it since it has no effect and the gel irritates my skin Confused
essq2w3e4r
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 08, 2009 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
I have the BQ, but I was too lazy to use it. Now it doesn't seem to work well. It keeps turning off after 30 seconds.

I also have the Pretika sonic dermabrasion which I use almost every day. I like it. it gets rid of my blackheads/whiteheads.

I also got the Pretika pulsating laser (sort of similar to BQ but a quarter of the price). I am also too lazy to use that.

Moral of the story: stop buying the tools!

Now, this is nothing compared to my fitness equipment. My husband says I must be planning to open up a gym because I am collecting all the fitness gadgets I see in infomercials.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:13 am      Reply with quote
Okay, I own to many Embarassed but love them and use them for different reasons Very Happy

High Frequency Portable Device - For breakouts.
LED device - Anti-aging qualities.
Pretika OxySonic Brush - Love the oxygen therapy, not so big on the brush.
Facial steamer - Comes in real handy during the winter time, before applying facial oils.
Dermaroller 0.25 - penetration of actives.
Microdermabrasion machine - used monthly.
TENS Machine - I bought this for toning but found out it's not affective.
Celluless - For fat reduction.
Massaging tools - basically rubber devices that can be used for lymphatic drainage.
The STOP - Very affective at firming, and extremey relaxing... FAVORITE!! Very Happy

Phew! Razz
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Ok..first off I think topicals are more important than gadgets. They take time but can give the results of laser treatments..imho

faculifter- I use this for facial massage..can't say it lifts the face though..feels good

dermaroller - I don't use it..too weird rolling needles over my face..just can't get into it.

clarsonic - use if twice a day and love it...I think it makes me look younger and helps topicals do an even better job.

LED lights-- I like mine..use it for periods of time then start forgetting. but I think it makes my skin look younger.

I keep wanting to buy an at home laser...but investing $500 is something I don't want to waste on a gadget that doesn't work.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Here's the list and am happy with results
nearing the 6th decade:
Tua Viso - 2X week for sagging (love it)
AAlightstim - 2X week for antiaging skin
Small vaculifter - use on neck 1X-2X week

After using these tools for 2-3 years, am now on maintenance Also use copper peptides and
DIY creams. DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:
I keep wanting to buy an at home laser...but investing $500 is something I don't want to waste on a gadget that doesn't work.

I know what you mean, just cant justify spending that kind of money when you can have a professional laser procedure for only about one hundred dollars extra, especially when it's only clinical trials show success for the eye area. Still sounds sooo tempting though, I want! I would be willing to pay around three hundred for it Embarassed

I dont understand why these companies insist on selling these home care devices so expensively that professional procedures start sounding like a more affordable option Wink The device would sell like hot cakes if they put the price down a bit but instead they price it an exorbitant cost and it dosent sell. I also dont understand why they waste money developing such products when due to the companies own greed it dosent sell Rolling Eyes
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |