Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

TRIA Hair Removal Laser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Well I splurged and bought the Tria Home Laser for hair removal. I should be recieving it next week. I will report back from time to time to tell you how well it works. I do plan on using it on my face in the areas where I have those dark coarse hair's even though they say the Tria is not approved for use on the face. I'm going to start my treatments on my face and bikini line. If I see improvement next will be my legs and underarms.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Good luck, keli13. I look forward to hearing about your results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Keli, I am also interested and am kind of on a fence about TRIA.

Please, let us know how it will work for you.

TIA

Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Good luck!
I almost got the TRIA, but i read we can recharge only 900 times or so(each time it covers an area as big as a ball of softball), after that you need to buy a new device.
So I will make professional next week.
I got really good price. $450 for each full body session on me plus my husbands face with a gentleLASE device.
My first session will be next tuesday.
I cant wait!!! Very Happy
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:34 am      Reply with quote
I guess I'll see if that's really true next week.
deelighted
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Even if it is limited to that many charges, that sounds like it should cover enough treatments to kill off the hair follicles.

Good luck with it, and please keep us udpated on the results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for being our guinea pig, Keli! I've been eagerly awaiting a review on this.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
evelin
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Good luck !!!
I love laser hair removal, I did a professional hair removal (been doing it several years). I have no hair on my body (underarm, legs, bikini). now I have to do a touch up once a year. best money I spent.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Keli, just checking in to see what you thought!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't gotten it yet. I ordered it on an advance order. It just shipped this Thursday the 19th so I will recieve it this week. Even though it's not meant for the face I may use it on my upper lip and chin. It depends on if it hurts or not. As soon as I try it for the first time later this week I'll post my initial thougts.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
keli13 wrote:
I haven't gotten it yet. I ordered it on an advance order. It just shipped this Thursday the 19th so I will recieve it this week. Even though it's not meant for the face I may use it on my upper lip and chin. It depends on if it hurts or not. As soon as I try it for the first time later this week I'll post my initial thougts.

Thanks...I'll keep an eye out for your thoughts!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
keli13, if Tria Hair Laser removal system does not work on your face, I can warmly recommend Clean & Easy Home Electrolysis system (formerly known as One Touch). It works very well on small areas like chin, upper lip etc. and removes hair permanently. My "moustache" and unsightly single hairs on chin are completely gone.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Denisew wrote:
Good luck!
I almost got the TRIA, but i read we can recharge only 900 times or so(each time it covers an area as big as a ball of softball), after that you need to buy a new device.
So I will make professional next week.
I got really good price. $450 for each full body session on me plus my husbands face with a gentleLASE device.
My first session will be next tuesday.
I cant wait!!! Very Happy

Denisew - Where did you read this? I can't find anything about this online. Regardless, I would think a 30 minute charge should be more than enough time to do an area much larger than the size of a softball. Even so, 900 recharge times multiplied by the 30 minute charge time is 450 hours. I think that is a very generous amount of time, given my experience with professional laser treatments. Even if it took twice as long to do, and I don't believe it does, that time should still be more than sufficient. Here's an estimated (and likely conservative) example:

Let's say that 30 minutes gets 1/8 of one leg done. That's a total of ( 30 x 8 ) 240 minutes/4 hours per leg, or 8 hours for both. Then let's say you need a total of 8 treatments to achieve 95% hair removal. Your total treatment time for your legs is ( 8 x 8 ) 64 hours. This would mean you still have 450 - 64 = 386 hours remaining on your TRIA.

To me that is more than sufficient. Or am I figuring this all wrong?
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:51 am      Reply with quote
I got my Tria finally a few days ago. You need to call or go online to activate it. I called to activate mine and the woman who walked me through the activation process was very informative. Every laser has it's own number and code. There are a few short steps you need to do to activate the laser. The once it's been initially activated you never have to do it again. You only need to use the skin sensor each time to start up the laser whenever you want to do a treatment. I will be doing my first treatment later this morning after a shower. I'll post back and let you know how it feels etc. I won't see any hair reduction for at least a few months. They recommend once a month treatment. I'll be using it every weekend on a different area of my body and then rotate back at the one month mark to the area I started with. Today I'm gonna start with my upper lip, chin and bikini line. Next week maybe underarms and arms. I think I'll split the legs up doing one a week. My legs are gonna be the most time consuming. Then back to my face and bikini line after 4 weeks. I guess how big of an area I do will all depend on how long a charge lasts. It only takes three hours to fully charge the laser so maybe if I'm not finished with an area I can go back after three hours.

We have another poster here who just purchased the Tria. You'll be hearing from both of us. It'll be interesting because she's had professional laser treatments so she will be able to compare the Tria laser to the professional laser. I've had laser treatments on my face for broken capillaries but I never had hair removal laser so I have nothing to compare it to.

I'll post back after my first treatment later today.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:26 am      Reply with quote
keli13 wrote:
We have another poster here who just purchased the Tria. You'll be hearing from both of us. It'll be interesting because she's had professional laser treatments so she will be able to compare the Tria laser to the professional laser.

That would be me! I couldn't resist this one after reading several reviews/articles on it. I had been planning to go back for more laser treatments over the next year but this sounded like a much more cost effective solution. I ordered mine direct from the TRIA website since it's $795 there and free FedEx ground shipping. After I've had some time to experiment with it, I'll post back with a comparison to the professional treatments.

keli13 - I'm looking forward to your first after treatment post today. Just to warn you, the bikini area will likely hurt pretty bad, but at the same time you'll definitely know that it's working. Wink
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
OK I did my first treatment this morning. I am using the Tria on the highest setting to get the best results. It did hurt a bit more on certain areas of my bikini line but I made it through. Don't be shocked when a fan kicks in. It cools the laser. While the fan is running you can still do your treatment. You can do an area pretty quickly even though the circumference of the laser area is small. You can move the laser along pretty quickly. I also did my chin and my upper lip. You cannot tweeze any areas that you want to use the Tria on because it needs to sense the follicle and hair under the skin to target it. I did pluck some upper lip hairs a few weeks ago so from now on I will just shave like they recommend until I don't need to anymore. I'm hoping that I will lose all the dark hair on my chin and upper lip. It's getting worse as I get older. I don't want to be an old ladies in the hospital or long term care facility that has to schedule a shave along with the men when I get really old. I don't mind the peach fuzz on my face but those dark hairs are embarrassing.

The laser on the higher setting feels like a hot needle poke on sensitive areas but on my legs it just feels slightly warm, not like a hot needle poke at all. It's very fast and I could tolerate it but the closer I got to my real sensitive areas the more intolerable it got. Doing my legs and most other body parts on the highest setting won't bother me at all, just the sensitive areas. Doing parts of my face really didn't hurt at all.

I did my entire bikini line and facial areas on one charge and there was still time left if I wanted to do more. It took me about 15 minutes. I might do my underarms later while watching TV tonight so I plugged it back in to charge. I'll post back more when I notice any changes starting to happen.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the update keli13! Quick question. Is there an indicator that shows the charge remaining on the unit? I'm just wondering what happens when the charge runs down. I don't want to get half way through something and find out the last 5 minutes of treatment wasn't effective because the charge was too low.
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:19 am      Reply with quote
No there is no indicator for the charge. I will have to see on my next treatment if the laser lets you know it needs to be charged. I do know once you plug it in to charge, it does have a special "song" it plays once the unit is fully charged. I'll run out the laser next time to see what happens.
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:46 am      Reply with quote
An update on my Tria results. OK, I've been using the Tria since mid Feb. I've done three treatments. The hair on my bikini line is about 50% gone already. On my face the hair is about 80% gone. I am only using the Tria on my upper lip hair and on my chin. The hair on my legs is about 40% gone and my underarm hair is about 40% gone. So far I am very impressed with the Tria. It does hurt a little when used on the highest setting on the areas with the most dense hair follicles like the bikini line and underarms. I sometimes drop the strength down to the second highest setting for these more sensitive areas. I will do a few more treatments in the following months and report back later.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the update Keli. Smile
Ang3LiCD3viLZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 02, 2009 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi kelil3,

Thanks for sharing the information. Your review really does help and very encouraging.
Very Happy
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 04, 2009 4:12 am      Reply with quote
Keli, I'm following your updates with great interest.

I've very recently bought the Boots Smooth Skin IPL device, and the instructions say to perform treatments once a week for 12 weeks.

How often does TRIA recommend their treatments should take place? And do they give an expected number of treatments necessary?

I'm very keen to compare the performance on these various devices, to see if we can discover which seems to work best.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2009 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Oh no I should have never opened this topic Sad now I HAVE to get one of these. When I shave my underarms it still looks like I have hair under there, because my hair is black and it is embarrasing sometimes. I have been wanting laser hair removal to help with this and I think the Tria will be my answer from your reviews. Where do you recommend purchasing it from?
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2009 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Isnt the Boots gadget much much less costly? I'm reallly hoping it works, because the Tria is £££££!
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2009 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Have I understood it correctly, that this device don't permanently remove the hair growth - just put it in "sleep", and the time vary individually, before it grows back again?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |