Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

TRIA Hair Removal Laser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ChiBarb

Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
(con'd from prev) This is why you will continue to see hair growth after treatments. It takes time. Even if the results aren't 100%, you could always do a couple of treatments professionally to clean up if you really wanted to. You'll still save yourself a ton of money.
As for the pain, they used to use ice packs on the areas right before they treated them to numb the skin a bit (bag o'frozen peas, anyone?) That does help. And it DOES get less painful as you go on b/c the hair is finer...the laser responds to the amount of pigmentation it encounters.
As for permanence, I don't know that any can guarantee that, but it DOES provide LONG TERM hair loss - and that ain't bad.
Anyway, I'll keep y'all posted on my results, but that's just a few things to know.
deniselind

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hey everyone,

Does anyone have any updates on their results? I've been researching at-home laser/IPL units, and I'm trying to find out they really permanently reduce hair, and to what extent.

Thanks!
meggers2004

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought mine right before christmas. Ive used it about 3 times. Its the newer one with five setting and was about $495.00. I have yet to notice any bald spots but I am noticing the hair is coming in much thinner and lighter so I'm hoping after a few more treatments it will stop coming back all together. The zapping feeling is somewhat annoying but compared to how bad it hurt at my doctors office I figured it was worth it.
alexskinner

Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi all. im new to the forum, but i saw this post, and just wanted to let you know that the Vissbeauty home IPL is a fantastic product, i saw results after 3 treatments and after 4 i have had zero re-growth on my legs in 6 months, which is absolutely amazing.. its mind blowing!. super fast shipping when i bought it, and the cartridges last 4000 flashes which is more that Silkn that only has 750 flashes, so basically i still have not had to replace the light cartridge and i have used it ALL over my body. Anyways thought i should let you know! definitely worth the 545!
puppy2006

Sun May 01, 2011 11:13 am      Reply with quote
My hair removal story; I am Italian so I have fair skin and dark thick hair. I have been doing hair removal since I was around 20 (I am now 40. I Bought a professional electrolysis machine when I was around 20 years old $1,000.00-did arms and then started on lower legs...hurt really bad took about 3-4 years...winter months. Arms turned out good (and to this day still no hair) legs difficult to treat-not much results, very time consuming, lots of regrowth)then around year 2000 I heard about laser, drove 2 hours to a hair removal franchise that you pay for a package and that they would treat you for 2 yrs for free if you still had hair. I signed up for lower legs, Brazilian bikini and under arms. I think I paid $3500.00 for the package. My first couple of years hurt terribly but I have learned to take Ibuprofen ( I would take 600 to 800 mg)or any kind or pain killers about 1 1/2 to 2 hours before appointment. Sometimes if i took the right amounts I would also mix and match whatever over the counter pills I had.
Sometimes I wouldn't even feel the laser.
puppy2006

Sun May 01, 2011 11:38 am      Reply with quote
My hair removal story continued; The first year I had good results about 50% reduction,then it went stagnant on me. The laser center started doing double passes but I just wasn't seeing good results any more. I also singed up for upper thighs 2 yrs after starting my lower legs(regretted doing that) paid about $1200.00 I also signed up for breast at $500 so they would continue to treat the rest of my previously purchased areas. I went for about 30 treatments on my lower legs bikini and underarms, about 15 treatment on my thighs and about the same for breast. The hair on my lower legs...estimated 30 treatments, only some stragglers left. Worth it... YES YES YES
Brazilian Bikini..took better in some spots..estimated 30 treatments, I can put a bathing suite on anytime of year and never have to worry about hair. Worth it...YES YES YES.
Underarms, around 30 treatments, less than 25 hairs. Worth it...YES YES YES
Please see next post
puppy2006

Sun May 01, 2011 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
My hair removal continued;
my thighs did not take good because the laser centered refused to continue to treat me. Estimated 15 sessions, about 30% hair reduction. What I have learned: I went a laser center that used IPL, not a real laser. I went about every 8-10 weeks for treatment.(2 hours away)during a 6 yr time frame...have not had any laser done for the last 4 yrs or so. Results have lasted. Some new hairs will continue to grow but for me it is a few. I have used emla numbing cream for electrolysis(put on 1-2 hours before app. and cover it with saran wrap so it is air tight. Do not use emla on large areas, repeat, do not use emla on large area of body, can cause death.) I did use ibuprofen before laser worked real well to help reduce the pain. Do not use laser right before or after your period...way too sensitive, will make it unbearable.
Just received my Tria yesterday to finish my hair removal process, cost $420 with shipping. I did my own treatments today and I just can't tell you how ecstatic I am. It is the same sensation as the laser center I went to. It is so much fun to treat any part of my body I want with out having to sign up for a package. I used the highest setting and I felt like a pro. I wish this was around 10 years ago , I would of saved myself a lot of grief, time and money doing it myself. I also did some laser on my mother today. I just want to thank Tria for this product, to be able to treat my self at the convenience at my own home anyplace anytime and any hair I want is just a dream come true for me. I know I have a hair removal fetish but all the money and time and pain has been worth it to not have to shave anymore. I still have my professional electrolysis machine that I use for grey hairs but it is way more painful than the laser so I use it only when I have to, the laser is better for for bigger areas. I know that it does work, I will just keep using it till I get my desired results. It will happen.
Margaritis
5% products discount

Sat May 21, 2011 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the information, I have hair in my back that I want to remove permanently and I'm vacillating between buying a device for home use or going to a professional salon. Actually, I would have visited a salon but the problem is there aren't any good in my area. So, I will go with the first option ordering a home device. Thanks again for sharing
gi99les

Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone

I recently learned about the tria did some research and thought it would be well worth the try since I too, like many other women, am sick and tired of shaving embarrassing body hair. I just received it on Monday and have used it on my legs, upper lip, and chin. This sucker stings and I've only tried it on the first and second setting. I feel like I'm being shocked so sometimes my hand will jerk the tria away from my skin and I'll lose the exact spot I was on. I'm a bit of a wuss to try the 4th & 5th setting but am hoping that using it on the 1st and 2nd is just as good as it being set on the higher settings as long as when used I'm being thorough. Anyone use their tria on the lower settings and achieve the same results as those who've used it on the highest settings? Also, has anyone tried using their tria on hair that they haven't shaved? I'm wondering if it'll still work on hair that is grown out...Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I thank the originator of this thread and all those that replied to it as all of your posts have been extremely helpful. This topic is what has enticed me to join this forum and now that I've joined, I'm intrigued with all the products! Wink

gi99les ~ "It makes no sense to worry about things you have no control over because there's nothing you can do about them, and why worry about things you do control? The activity of worrying keeps you immobilized." ~Wayne Dyer
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |