Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Just a rant on my sister disturbing my sleep @ night!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
well I share a rm with my younger sister ever since my older sister moved back home. I need to wake up at 7am Mon to Fri for work. So in order to get at least 8hrs of sleep, I prefer to go to bed by at least 11pm. But my sister doesn't go to bed at least around 1 ish every nite or later sometimes... She has her desk lamp on and also her footsteps and water running ... books ruffling or whatever sound.

I'm a very light sleeper so any noise or light will wake me up unless I'm like dead tired! I'm already sleep deprived & have a very hard time falling asleep, what she does is very inconsiderate I think. I talked to her nicely and she just talked to me harshly saying that I can either move out or just live with it. She's not going to change her sleeping habit cuz of me.

The problem is I already comprimised by sleeping around 12ish... But still she doesn't care! Why can't she just sleep a bit early so everyone's happy! I just hate her attitude!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Star, I really know how it is when you don't get a good night's sleep! It makes everything seem so much harder all day!

Is there another room in the house you could take over for your room? An attic that could be converted? A basement? A study?
Could you share with your older sister instead?
Could your older sis share w/younger one?
Could younger sis do her ruffling around in another room and save your shared room for "sleeping only"?
There must be a solution so you can get your rest!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
You are both still at your parents' house right? She keeps you awake, uses your skin products, etc. You are 26 so you should definitely consider moving OUT!

And hopefully you have been able to save a nice chunk while you were there since you have a good job.

Weren't you and your BF/Fiance going to buy a place? I am pretty sure I remember a thread asking for advice on splitting a down payment, another thread on buying furniture, etc. This is a great time to buy...things are dirt cheap and there are ton of foreclosures out there!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie, all the rms are used up in the house...it's a small place. My older sister won't consider sharing her room with anyone so yeah I'm stuck w/ my younger sister for sometime. And my younger sister's desk & computer are inside the rm so she can't go anywhere else...

bethany, u sure do have a great memory. Yes me & my bf/ fiance are planning to move out in another yr or so ... but still I NEED to sleep this yr too!!! It's just that I need my rest to get thru my long work day Sad And I seriously think that's the main reason why I agreed to move out w/ him in the first place. To have my own space & privacy to sleep!!!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
earplugs

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
i had such problems too with my sister, i was the late sleeper but the problems were in the morning my mom wud come barging into the room and yell at her to wake up......of course i needed my sleep!........

so i bought ear plugs and they worked....i couldnt hear a sound no nothing Laughing

so what you can do is get ear plugs and those sleeping eye patches for the eyes to keep the light out and your done. The only problem would be if you use an alarm to wake up you wont be able to hear that?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
simran, which brand of ear plugs do u use? Do u mean those that u used to listen to music to? I tried some plugs but still I can hear noise... Thanks!

fawnie, haha......I hope simran's plugs would help me to block the noise!!! Very Happy
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
not the music ones.

i got mine from the chemist/pharmacy

i have Macks Ultra Safe Sound Soft Foam Ear Plugs. I bought a box of 10 pairs. These ear plugs have ultra high noise reduction rating Very Happy

So go to a chemist and ask for noise reduction ear plugs.....I think there are similar ones that people use for swimming too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
simran, are u in Vancouver? I probably will go to the pharmacy to check it out then... I wonder if other brands will work as good? Confused
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
no im in new zealand. I tried a few different ones. I found this one to work the best for in terms of using it and in terms of noise. The other one i got was abit big so the size of this was good too. Its made of soft foam not sponge type foam but rubber-ish........u squeeze it really thin, insert into ear and it will expand in couple of seconds Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Earplugs, sleeping mask, over the counter sleep aid.

Maybe you could suggest she do her reading in the living room, instead of in your room, so the light wouldn't be on. At least she's not up playing music or talking on the phone or anything.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:36 am      Reply with quote
simran, I checked my local pharmacy and like what I expected, they don't carry it. Anyways, I find this online.

http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/maulsasosofo.html

I assume this's the right one you're talking about? Is yours NRR 22 or 32? Thanks!

They have other earplugs on that site too. Perhaps u can check it out too! Very Happy

violetanne, my younger sis is very stubborn, she won't go anywhere else to do her stuff. Besides, her computer is in the rm... Sad
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:31 am      Reply with quote
wow stardusty your searching skills are great. Those are the exact ones i have Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
haha simran, I find one for the ladies too... Very Happy

http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/mackssafesoundforher.html
DrAllison

Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
I feel your pain. My partner is a horrible snorer. I use the Mack's Pillow Soft Earplugs for sleeping. They are the moldable silicone putty style. You can find them directly on their site at macksearplugs dot com. These plugs have saved our relationship! Good luck with your situation.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
A White Noise Machine is great too for masking unwanted noise

http://www.white-noise.us/?cmp=google_search&kw=white%20sound%20machine
It sounds like a fan when it is running, but doesn't generate a lot of moving air and is very small so it can be placed on a bedside table. Ideally it should be placed between yourself and the offending noise.

I have seen them used in offices where confidentiality is a concern to mask conversation from outside ears (psychiatrists, lawyers....).

Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |