Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
facial exercises and symmetry?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
venus108

Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I am interested in starting facial exercises. I am fairly young, with few wrinkles, but I am interested in prevention and also to correct some facial asymmetry. The right side of my face seems to not quite "sag", but is definitely not as full and firm as the left. I think it might be from primarily being a right side sleeper. I am hoping facial exercises could tone up my face and bring things back into balance. Is this possible? Or could things get worse, if my stronger side "works harder" at the exercises?
mowgli
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:34 am      Reply with quote
hi venus...im not really sure what the answer is, but i have the same idea as you. my left eyebrow is slightly lower than the right, and my right jawline is less full than my left (gosh I sound really higgledy piggledy but its not massively noticeable!)..
when i first started doing facial exercises (Ageless, 2 weeks ago) I noticed my features, esp my eyebrows seemed to even up.

That effect wasnt permanent, but I think you could definitely work your weaker side a little harder, as long as you understood what the exercises did and that the part they work is the area you want to see changes in..

I do work my right side a bit harder to see evening out of the jawline - i think it might work
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:12 am      Reply with quote
I am about 2 months into my facial exercise routine, combining Ageless with Flex Effect.
I am seeing some asymmetry even out. I have a thin face, and one cheek is thinner and more sunken in, but it seems to be filling out and matching my other cheek. Very pleased!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:27 am      Reply with quote
Now facial exercises are the best prevention method out there in my opinion, and if your still fairly young, that’s wonderful, your starting before you can get the horrible problems that others will get later in life.

Now with facial symmetry, it takes time and dedication. It does result from one side being more responsive (because usually that side of the brain is dominant is the theory), and thus you find that generally speaking, you have one side which is dominant all over, think writing hand, and stronger arm/leg etc. This is because the brain has better communication with that side so what needs to happen is you need to work out both sides equally. Yep that’s right – equal. Even if the stronger side is already strong, you want to keep it toned and healthy, and the best way of doing that is by working it out. Now sometimes the stronger side plumps straight up, and people panic. But in the long term this is a good sign, because it shows you that the communication to that side is good. What happens is that as you begin exercising the weaker side in conjunction with the stronger side, the body starts to notice an imbalance, and begins working over time to correct that. It does take time, and I would estimate you need a years worth of training no matter what system that you pick.

Now what you may notice is that when you begin exercising the weaker sides, the stronger side tries to cut in to balance out or overcompensate for the weaker muscles. First step is becoming aware that this is happening, and then you begin to relax the stronger side. It’s a gradual process as you can tell, but its certainly possible if you are determined enough. Think of bodybuilders, often they have one arm or leg which may be slightly bigger than the others (sometimes by a good few inches, other times centimetres), and over time during their training they train both sides equally and they balance out pretty amazingly, but again it takes them a year or so.

The goal you want to actually aim for is a harmonious look, and the easiest way of achieving that is by working out both sides equally, but in your working of the weaker side, strive to equal the amount of effort your stronger side is doing, it probably won’t be able to at the start, but it will over time develop and you will get a much better look because of it. I have seen some work the weaker sides more, and only a few have achieved success with it, and you and Mowgli might be one of those lucky people, but I really think its unnecessary to do so – but that’s just my experience, and if you find it works for you – go for it!

Your sleeping side is a factor you need to either address or find a way of sleeping on your side without causing that imbalance, maybe using a device such as the savemyface pillow (do a google search for it).

Sean
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |