Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Freckles from sun exposure - any way to reverse them
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jamie74
5% products discount

Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hey all,

I have freckles on my face from sun exposure over the years.

Has any one had any success reducing or reversing them? If so, what did you use?

Thanks!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
Start off by wearing sunscreen EVERY day to avoid additional damage...minimum SPF 30!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:25 am      Reply with quote
me too, i can only religiously apply sunlock now to prevent more freckles, but for those that have already appeared, there's no turning back.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:17 am      Reply with quote
You need to use a high protection sunscreen with good UVA protection to prevent more of them cropping up. At least SPF50 PA+++. And it is important that the filters are stable or else you will end up with more freckles in the long term. For example, Neutrogena Dry Touch SPF30 is NOT a stable sunscreen. Although it has a wonderful matte texture, but is not effective to protect you.

To get rid of existing sun spots fast, you can consider IPL rather than topical agents. Obagi Nu derm works very well for a lot of people, but you have to suffer red peeling skin for a few months. And need to avoid the sun as well. Not an option if you have an active life style and life in a country with a lot of sun.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:49 am      Reply with quote
I had tons of freckles and tried many products and wasted lot of money, the only product that works is Obagi, my freckles disappeared in less than 3 months. I use sunscreen on daily basis since starting Obagi, it has been 10 years, and I now can only find 2 tiny freckles under my eyes.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
You can try vit c serum, kojic acid, glycolic peels. It'll be subtle, ending up costing more $ in the long run, and probably be frustrating. Been there, done that Rolling Eyes Or you can just bite the bullet, deal with the redness and peeling for approx 3 mos, and use Obagi.

My derm recently told me she was impressed I was doing Obagi (I was red). She said most patients can't deal with the peeling and redness, but it's the only way to really improve your skin to a significant degree.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
This product, Formula 2006, has really helped make my brown spots from the sun disappear. It contains glycolic and salicyic acids. It's a little pricey but it lasts a year if you use it once per day.

http://www.drfrancesprennajones.com/products.html
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
Try some Japanese brands' whitening serum. Since Japanese are eager to be white or keep white, the Japanese whitening products are almost the best in the world.

HR(whitening products are developed and made in Japan),Absolute Quality, Albion etc.
seraphic
5% products discount

Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
try more whitening/blemish products and please take good care on sunscreen~ =D
jamie74
5% products discount

Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your help.

Which Obagi product should I use?

Thanks!
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
If you want to try Obagi, better use the complete line instead on 1-2 products.

Don't waste your money on Japanese products, those are for whitening, not making your freckles disappear, or products from cosmetic counters won't work! I have wasted a lot money.

Besides the counter stuff, I also wasted money on Cellex-C Fading gel, MD Forte etc... none of them work.
shellybutorac
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Vitamin C seems to work on mine... at least to lighten but I also use 2% BHA so that may also have an effect.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
jamie74 wrote:
Thanks for your help.

Which Obagi product should I use?

Thanks!

If you're going for Nu derm, you need to do it under the care of a dermatologist. Because one of the key products to use is Retin A. You need a prescription for that from a doctor. The rest of the products from Obagi are not effective enough without it. But please read the many threads on Obagi Nu derm so that you know what you're going in for.

critic has a good point. Japanese products may be alright for fading acne scars and minor pigmentation but if you have prominent freckles, don't waste your time and money and either go for Obagi or for IPL.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:53 am      Reply with quote
I did try Vit C serum by Obagi and Cellex, did not work, only able to brigthen my complexion, overall fading a bit but unable to make the freckles disappear. And don't waste money on whitening mask, totally useless.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I had them lasered at the dermatologist several years ago, but even with religious daily application of sunscreen, the freckles have been slowly creeping nack.

Even so, I think it was worth it becuase had I not done it, I probably would've spent more money on skin care products that are less effective.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:39 am      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
I had them lasered at the dermatologist several years ago, but even with religious daily application of sunscreen, the freckles have been slowly creeping nack.

Even so, I think it was worth it becuase had I not done it, I probably would've spent more money on skin care products that are less effective.

That's not bad. If it lasted several years. And yes, you must have saved money in the long run.

That's why people should consider these options more readily rather than struggle thru the torture of Obagi. I totally acknowledge that Obagi can work well but it's not suitable for everyone. Depends on your lifestyle and other commitments. Not everyone can hide for several weeks with a red and peeling face.
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:49 am      Reply with quote
You can try using the VC-rich composition of Products

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
I would say laser as that's the only thing worked for me. Embarassed
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |