Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What Product to use with a LightStim?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bethann
5% products discount

Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies, I am a new poster, but I have been reading and reading for a while. Of course I have a thousand questions, but my first question is:

I have ordered an Anti-Aging LightStim. What product do I need to apply when I use the light? Is it a HA? I see there is one available in the PSF line - is that ok? If not, then what the heck do I use? I am 54, not too wrinkled, just beginning to see sagging (uck!) and have all the beginnings of menopausal skin freaking out. I'll get to all that later, but for now I will start with my initial question of what to use with my LightStim. Thanks a whole bunch!
bethann
5% products discount

Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
anybody?
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Don't they sell some cream for anti-aging that you can buy with the lightstim?
bethann
5% products discount

Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
well, I'm not sure but I thought maybe something comes with the LightStim, but I've read on here where some are using a different HA. I was just wondering which one is worth investing in. Need to get one soon, I just ordered the LightStim.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
Have you called the company and get their recommendation? I thought you could use whatever your favorite products, and the Lightstim will help your skin absorb it better. Is that not the case? I didn't know a special product has to be used with it.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
Have you called the company and get their recommendation? I thought you could use whatever your favorite products, and the Lightstim will help your skin absorb it better. Is that not the case? I didn't know a special product has to be used with it.

You have to use products that won't interfere with the light penetrating the dermis.. So nothing occlusive..

Keep it at a simple anti-oxidant type serum.. Nothing with silicones, mineral oil or the like.

You can make a simple serum with any of the following;

Distilled Water
SKB
Hyaluronic Acid
Vitamin A, B (panthenol, niacinamide)
Vitamin C (MAP is best for this!)
Green Tea Extract
Ferulic Acid
Co Q 10
Matrixyl
Chamomile

Any non-occlusive nutrient is good.

If you want something ready made, these would work well;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/cellular-skin-rx-supermax-p_5700.htm

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/cellex-c-hydra-5-b-comple-p_364.htm (This would be an outstanding base to add actives to!)

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/emerginc-multi-vitamin-re-p_1631.htm

Just search the ingredient lists for products, and look for the ones without a million fillers and preservatives.. A good start is products that are transparent.

Hope that helps!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Leniny
5% products discount

Wed May 06, 2009 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
I just got some Hydra CP+ Gel from Cellbone.
It contains Sodium Hyaluronate, Copper Peptide, Alovera Juice, Cucumber Flower Extract,Pantothenic Acid, Phenoxyethanol.
Does anyone know if this will work before using the LightStim? It's clear but is a gel, not a serum.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2009 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Leniny wrote:
I just got some Hydra CP+ Gel from Cellbone.
It contains Sodium Hyaluronate, Copper Peptide, Alovera Juice, Cucumber Flower Extract,Pantothenic Acid, Phenoxyethanol.
Does anyone know if this will work before using the LightStim? It's clear but is a gel, not a serum.

That sounds really nice! (Just make sure no "oils" are listed in the ingredients.)

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Leniny
5% products discount

Thu May 07, 2009 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy. I'll give it a try tonight.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 11, 2009 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Leniny wrote:

Just wondering if you tried it out, and if so do you like it?

A couple of members on the Anti-Aging LightStim thread are looking for serums to use with treatments, so I'm sure would love to hear your thoughts.. Wink

Leniny
5% products discount

Mon May 11, 2009 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Leniny wrote:

Just wondering if you tried it out, and if so do you like it?

A couple of members on the Anti-Aging LightStim thread are looking for serums to use with treatments, so I'm sure would love to hear your thoughts.. ;)

I haven't really used many serums before so I'm not sure what they should feel like. This one leaves my skin a bit sticky, so I'd be open to other suggestions.

I'm probably too lazy to make my own serums/moisturizers, but would would love suggestions about a good base that I could add a few ingredients to.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |