Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Large Pores
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
KellyAlanaW
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone-

I have large pores especially around my inner cheeks (by my nose) and don't know how to get rid of them or at least shrink them. I try using Biore Pore Cleaner, but it doesn't seem to do the job. Any tips would be appreciated, but the cheaper the product the better. Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:46 am      Reply with quote
There is very little you can do actually change then size of them. But if they are clogged they can appear larger. Try using a product with BHA will help keep them clear (I like paulas choice 2% BHA liquid). And then using a makeup primer (if you skin like silicone) can help fill them in.
seraphic
5% products discount

Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:20 am      Reply with quote
To my knowledge, pore cant be shrink or close back to the normal size once they are enlarge..

is that true??
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:54 am      Reply with quote
I agree though I wish they could be shrinked. Confused

seraphic wrote:
To my knowledge, pore cant be shrink or close back to the normal size once they are enlarge..

is that true??
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Pores can not change permanently but some products like Retin A or Tazorac can shrink them while you use these medications. But after you discontinue them for a few months they will slowly come back to normal. Also Salycilic acid helps too but the effect is very temporary. Toners are probably the most temporary way to shrink pores.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:10 am      Reply with quote
I have the same problem too! They're not blackheads, but they just look so... VISIBLE!! Arghhhh!

I pray for them to go away Pray
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
I've accepted the fact that I have large pores...but I find that the way i wear my makeup, or what facial products I use can drastically affect the size they appear.

Primers do help, but I only use them for special occasions, as I find that with more regular use, I clog up.

Liquid foundation seems to help me as well. I tried MMU, but no matter what brand I used, it didn't cut it. Even with the misting, and buffing etc. Too much work!! I have old acne scars as well, so I also use a concealer. Then a dab on the foundation, sort of pressing it into the pores, then set with MAC studio fix (despite its horrible reviews, it doesn't make me itch, or break out anymore than anything else, and for my skin, it provide good coverage and colour selection.)

Using a toner has also really helped. Admittedly, I'm lazy, so I don't necessarily use it everyday...pretty much whenever I remember. I switch between Thayer's Rose Water with Witch Hazel, and DDF's 10% glycolic toner, depending on if I'm flaky.
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
This problem has been annoying me recently as well. I noticed it every time after I washed my face and I feel so hopeless about it.
A few weeks before I actually went to Cle de peau counter and asked the BA (whom I'm very closed to) if there's anything I can do and she said she can't even noticed it with my makeup on. But then, after I come home, look in the mirror .. and arghhh it's there!!! I wear makeup everyday and use primer to cover it but I wish there's a treatment for it not something just to cover it.
Last week I got a SK-II Facial Treatment Essence as a gift and I'm hoping that it will help shrinking those pores as I've read some reviews that I might be able to help somehow, so far it's working well and I'll definitely let you know if it works! =)
pips
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
I have large pores too. The aspirin mask works well and I mix my MMU(I use laura mercier ad Jane Iredale and Lumiesee) with some moisturiser and mix to a liquid foundation and that fills in pores pretty well - better than primer
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
christine wrote:
This problem has been annoying me recently as well. I noticed it every time after I washed my face and I feel so hopeless about it.
A few weeks before I actually went to Cle de peau counter and asked the BA (whom I'm very closed to) if there's anything I can do and she said she can't even noticed it with my makeup on. But then, after I come home, look in the mirror .. and arghhh it's there!!! I wear makeup everyday and use primer to cover it but I wish there's a treatment for it not something just to cover it.
Last week I got a SK-II Facial Treatment Essence as a gift and I'm hoping that it will help shrinking those pores as I've read some reviews that I might be able to help somehow, so far it's working well and I'll definitely let you know if it works! =)

Christine, what I've found that really works to HIDE my large pores is Cle de Peau Translucent Corrector for Pores! It comes in a blue tube like a lipstick and is a powder/silicone stick, as far as I can tell. Just a tiny bit is needed - I rub it into the pores on my nose, apply a tiny bit of Giorgio Armani Fluid Master Primer (it does a great job of mattifying) and then my foundation. This works!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
try rollerderm???? Smile my decleor ylang keeps my pores happy!
yauzit
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
I have large pores too.

The way I am doing is use scrub and cleansing mask every week.

And always use toner after use the cleansing.
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Christine, what I've found that really works to HIDE my large pores is Cle de Peau Translucent Corrector for Pores! It comes in a blue tube like a lipstick and is a powder/silicone stick, as far as I can tell. Just a tiny bit is needed - I rub it into the pores on my nose, apply a tiny bit of Giorgio Armani Fluid Master Primer (it does a great job of mattifying) and then my foundation. This works!

Thank you so much for your tips fawnie! Smile I've never actually seen that product and I just checked on their website, it sounds and look like a great stuff. I'll definitely give it a try next time I go by the counter =)
twdollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:14 am      Reply with quote
i have super large pores too;( they seem to get worse as i get older...(and i'm not even that old)

benefit's dr.feel good is a really good primer..cuz it really makes my face look like i have no pores..yay;)

other than that i guess i can only exfoliate and try other methods...
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:45 am      Reply with quote
christine wrote:

If you can get hold of it, try a sample of the SK2 Skin refining treatment (with BHA). It helps to clear the pores. You really need to use the SK2 toner with the Essence too for better effects.
PinkyMandy

Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Try to use a toner that contains tea tree oil. Look for toners that are mildly astringent so it'll help to purify and refine pores. It worked, I know, I used them. My pores are smaller now.
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:55 am      Reply with quote
try honey mask,

don't wear makeup, especially pore clogging one - will make things worse.

Use appropriate cleansers, don't overcleanse or the problem will remain.

Use a good toner.
bciw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
if you have dry or sensitive skin avoid toner or astringents with alcohol in them
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
some toners are called "lotion" now? i quite like the darphin lotion
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:11 am      Reply with quote
hi, girls, we are crazy! I am sure most of us complain that we have big pores or super large pores. me too, but be relax. we are fine, not as bad we think. We just look the mirror too much. I think I am going to try dermaroller Laughing
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:15 am      Reply with quote
How about floral waters as a toner? Find which suits your skin type and off you go.

My preferred one is rose water, but I also mix lavender and chamomile waters - those are terrific and no alcohol
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:33 am      Reply with quote
I notice stress is a big factor. When I'm feeling bad or stressed out my pores look way larger. Have you thought about birth control? Typically, less oil is produced I believe due to the drop in male hormones and so your pores seem to shrink a bit. I'll tell you if I notice much difference on Diane 35.
You could also try as someone recommended topical retinoids. I'm thinking of doing Obagi for this exact reason. I've been following the success stories of people who has dry needling for skin imperfections. To see pics go to Biotouch.com then look for portfolio and scroll down. You can read about it on the acne.org site.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe you should try Clarisonic!
sylvitay
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
I know that professionals say you can never permanently change your pore size, but from personal experience I can tell you with the right products you can make a huge difference!!I started to use the NaturDerm products a couple of years ago and I have to tell you I do not have large pores, blackheads, oily pools, and my old yucky scars any more, yeah!! Very Happy I was so happy to find a product line that did what it said, that had the new anti aging ingredients but also natural based. Taking out the silicones made a huge difference in the oily issue. I don't have oily skin anymore. I use the Epidermx II daily, a quick 10 seconds a night and no toners as they are pH correct, I started with the Chrysalyx which is loaded with organic botanicals and vitamins, DMAE which I think helps with the tightening, Hyaluronic acid all kinds of things. I did add the non botox Naturdermx to see if it would help with the scars and I believe it is what made the final flattening and basically they are hardly visible. All that I know is, my large pores, gone, for over 2 years now! I don't care if a doctor says it isn't permanent, these products are a delight to use and I am thrilled!
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
but is the epidermx suppose to be used daily?? wouldnt it be too agrresive for daily use?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |