Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Minimum $$$ You Would Spend On Gifts....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:30 am      Reply with quote
just wondering what is the minimum $$$ you would spend on gifts for occasions such as wedding/birthdays/anniversaries

does this amount vary depending on who it is i.e acquaintances/friends/close friends/family?

5% products discount

Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:25 am      Reply with quote
the most expensive gift i ever bought is a phone that cost $760SGD for my bf bd~
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
simran,
IMHO, it varies according to the occasion and how close you are to the person...but it also depends on how much you can afford! And sometimes, I splurge on gifts just because the gift is perfect for that particular person.

I'm gonna take a stab at some guidelines, but I would not be surprised if some people say I am too cheap...

Weddings/anniversaries - minimum $50. If DH and I are invited to a reception, we would probably spend $100.

On the other hand, most weddings we attend nowadays are for people on their 2nd and 3rd marriages...they don't want anything, and their invitations usually ask us to donate to some charity in lieu of a gift.

Birthdays - I spend about $30 on friends, $50 and up on family.

Acquaintances - you mean like when you attend a party for a friend of a friend? That's a hard one, not so much in terms of $$, but what do you get for someone you don't know? I'd probably spend about $20. I know, I'm being cheap. Rolling Eyes

Can't wait to read other people's answers!

ETA: Don't forget, the cost of cards, wrapping paper, gift bags/tissue also add to the cost!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
ooh i dint wana make a thread for this so i thought i post here as well......

but plz help me out.....do bridesmaids need to buy wedding gifts?

Iv been asked to be a bridesmaid.....and im gonna be paying fully for my dress.....yes the bride offered to chip in but i said no as dint want to give her stress about money anyway plus she said others have paid for their dress. The weddings in about 2 months.

Ok so her bday is also this month which im invited to so i had to splurge on a gift for that.
id also have to probly buy shoes for the outfit cause i dont have any whites ones which they decided to go with the dress.

so you guys see my expenses are going up Confused i mean would it look bad if i dont splurge on a wedding gift as well? is it necessary for bridesmaids to buy a gift?

im gonna check out the cost of the items on the gift register this week....just in case if i need to pay for the gift

5% products discount

Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
First of all, when people get married you have up to a year to give them a gift. It's more common to do it before the wedding but getting something after is a nice surprise!

Since you're in the wedding party, I'm sure your friend understands the financial strain it puts on you. If you feel awkward showing up without something, then bring a bottle of champagne in a nice little bag with a card. Most people send registry gifts through the store it was purchased at so you wont be the only person walking in without a gift. In fact, I found it difficult to manage all my gifts the night of my wedding. It wasn't local and I didn't want everything sitting in my car so I hauled them all up to our hotel room which was a pain.

If you want to get them something nice that wont break the bank then I would suggest getting one of their wedding pics framed after the wedding. You can ask the photographer for their contact info during the wedding and order the picture as a surprise (hopefully the photographer is reasonable and would help you). Most couples don't even see their wedding pics for a month or more after their day so I'm sure she'd really appreciate it.

I've always believed that with gifts it's the thought that counts.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
simran,
I totally agree with everything Rockalilly said, especially considering that you are in the wedding party.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |