Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What do you do to tighten skin on belly /afterbirth effect/?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know what to do? I need to tighten up my skin around stomach (lower area). It is not so responsive to exercises (or maybe I am not doing the right ones). It is not horribly bad (not to the extend that I would need to do it surgically), but I want to have it flat again. Is there any good (EFFECTIVE) skin tightening or anti-cellulite cream out there for this type of problems?
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:41 am      Reply with quote
My daughter had loose skin after 2 children. She waited 8 years and exercised daily. She got great abs muscle tone, but the loose skin would not go away. I could not really see it, but it's enough to bother her. She finally went for a tummy tuck, which is a shame, since she's very skinny otherwise.
peachy3001
5% products discount

Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
I hope to get an answer to this question too! I am getting married next year and need help!
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Did you breast feed? It helps to lose the weight. Also exercising. A combination of resistance and cardio.
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
I forget what they're called, but there are those wraps you wear around your belly to help regain your shape afterwards...like a giant tensor bandage
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
ella-stella wrote:
Does anyone know what to do? I need to tighten up my skin around stomach (lower area). It is not so responsive to exercises (or maybe I am not doing the right ones). It is not horribly bad (not to the extend that I would need to do it surgically), but I want to have it flat again. Is there any good (EFFECTIVE) skin tightening or anti-cellulite cream out there for this type of problems?

If you are young, it will tighten up in time. Diet and exercise are still the best things for that area, but it takes a LONG time. Some of us mom's never have complete tightening of that area again (unless you choose surgery).
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
It does take a while for skin to retract and sometimes your stomach muscles can get torn from the pregnancy. This is some what common, it has a name but I dont recall what it is.

I find exercises on a stability ball to be best to work the abs.
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
HannaLee wrote:
I forget what they're called, but there are those wraps you wear around your belly to help regain your shape afterwards...like a giant tensor bandage

a girdle?
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
...and anyone with answers to this, please let me know too Smile

I'm expecting with my 2nd, but after having my 1st son, my tummy just never looked the same. I lost a TON of weight, and was even smaller than my pre-pregnancy size, but I had the loose pouchy skin around the tummy area. If it matters, I had a c-section. I'm seriously considering a tummy tuck after my 2nd (not immediately, of course. I'd probably wait 1-2 years later).

I wonder if there is such a miracle product floating around out there...
TexasStar
5% products discount

Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Try a larger than you normal size panty size girdle. Maybe even twice or three times your panty size. Might surprise you how it surports just enough to allow skin to readjust.
I have had notice able results Reviva body DMAE lotion.
Good Luck
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:40 am      Reply with quote
I wonder if there is such a miracle product floating around out there...[/quote]

That's what I am wondering too. I want to know if someone ever even tried any creams on this skin, and if did, what kind and did it have an effect. I am researching now the skin tightening creams, like I am looking at Karin Herzog Tonus B12 or PTR Ultimate Body Sculpting Slimming Gel.

I understand that when the muscles are torn then the surgery is probably the only solution. In my case, i just need something to reshape it a bit. I do not have extra wight, and do not want to loose it. My logic is that until I tried it, I cannot say there is nothing that works. But maybe someone else tried something and it was helping to various extends.

BTW, puglove, I know that it help enormously to use anti-stretch creams while you are pregnant and the belly and breasts are still growing. The skin will re-shape much better after birth.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Ella, how long ago did you give birth?
What kind of exercises are you doing for your tummy area?

although i haven't had kids i have personally used Pilates as a remarkable exercise tool for strengthening, toning,reshaping the core area..including the tummy

and i have heard that a system called callanetics, which is a deep muscle exercise program, is also incredible(i personally am doing derriere exercises from this program which are outstanding)and on another thread(actually it is the thread on Ageless if you Dare face exercises)a woman has said she used this system to get in shape after her pregnancy.

Then, in general, diet really supports muscle tone...many of my friends who were having kids in the 70's& 80's gained their muscle tone back by eating pure, natural diets...eliminating refined sugar, flour...'junk' kind of foods in general..eating tons of veggies, and 'whole' foods in general...including 'green' drinks like barley grass, spirulina etc. (nutrition really counts in making skin, muscles resilient.

As far as 'creams' are concerned..my orientation is natural..cause in my experience natural herbs. oils, essential oils are more effective than lab created ingredients.....if it were me i would contact anandaapothecary.com and ask to speak with someone professionally knowledgeable about what essential oils may help in this process.(i know there are formulas that help marks for those that have this problem)

Also, there are internal herbal remedies..prescribed by a reliable herbalist.. that should be able to help tighten stretched tissues.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
Jomin
5% products discount

Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

Interesting topic! I am eager to hear an effective way to lose this skin too. My last baby (4 babies total) is 3 years old now. I have been exercising and losing all the pregnancy weight, I am smaller than even before I had kids and in size 4P. But 4 pregnancies have caused my lower ab skin sagging considerably. I have excellent core/ab muscles, there is nothing else I need to do in order to strengthen those muscles - just the skin, the sagging skin with lots of stretch marks.

I hope there is an miracle cream...

Thank you!
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:01 am      Reply with quote
My child is also 3 y.o. now. I hear you about having exercises and still having problem areas. LouLou in her book (Ageless if you Dare) mentioned that the skin of the abdomen area is not attached to the muscles (not like face skin) that is why the exercises may not be effective for sagging skin in this zone. It made me jump, and think, what it is effective then? I am sure there is something and someone knows.

I will look into the callanetics for more details and essential oils (I already have bunch of them in my bathroom cabinets - maybe something will be useful).
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have been searching for the longest time for that topic -
after you've lost weight, and believe to be in good shape, do a honey massage in the abdomen /sagging skin area for 10 days. Then stop. It will be painful, this can be repeated periodically but have to wait a month in between.

Honey is so good for so many reasons, I will post if find that article - but this is something I remember for myself to do after I lose weight/
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
I know this is only a temporary solution, but you could always try wearing Spanx. I have heard great reviews about them and even Tyra Banks wears them.
gellabell

Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
It all depends on what you actually have. If you have fat on your stomach or haven't worked your stomach muscles, then yes diet and exercise will help you.

But I think what most of you are talking about is just actually extra skin. Like you can pinch it, there isn't much fat underneath. That is just from your skin stretching out with pregnancy. If you had your children while you are younger (I'd say before 28 or so but its different for everyone based on genetics) most likely your skin has a lot of elasticity still and will regain its natural tension/shape. the older you are when you are pregnant the less elasticity your skin has. Pregnancy then stretches the skin and there is really nothing you can do about that except surgery.

I know thats dissappointing but it's the truth.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |