Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Is it a good idea to mix creams?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have some creams that I do not use very much, so can I just mix them with the ones I use and apply to the skin?

I know one should not mix Vit C with CP's and it's also better not to combine acid creams with anything.

Anything else to keep in mind?
littlecandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think its a good idea.It's just like mix two different inks.Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
It's not a good idea. May harm your skin.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:37 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone please explain why? I used to do that all the time when travelling-- I'd mix all my toner, serums, gels and creams in one container so I didn't have to carry around so many bottles... It worked fine for me then
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:07 am      Reply with quote
Yiying wrote:
It's not a good idea. May harm your skin.

Yiying, do you know why?
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:16 am      Reply with quote
I don't understand this mixing of products. You don't have to do this. Use your products on their own, thus saving you money and less product for your face and neck.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Many products are different Ph Values and when you mix them you change the product altogether -may not harm but may do no good either. You may change the quality, the absorption, and the total effectiveness.

Also many products need to penetrate the skin layer before other products are used over them. A c product for instance will work more effectively if you can wait 20 minutes in between.

If products could all be mixed together and still work we'd have lots of "one product does it all" out there. This just isn't the case.
florli
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:42 am      Reply with quote
Yea, i guess you can use different skincare products interchangeably to stimulate your skin cells. But mixing different products together and apply them on your skin all at once may not be a good idea.
samuelfrzk
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:52 am      Reply with quote
different products have different texture.when you mix them, it will be difficult for the skin to absorb them and they are less effective.
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:36 am      Reply with quote
it really depends. u gotta know what to mix and what not to! Retinol and AHA's doesnt go together, AHA inactivates retinol, but it is good with VitC or E or BHAs
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
If you are mixing normal cream, I think it's ok. But for most medical skin cares, due to the unsafe ingredients, I advise you not to mix them, but to use them as what is advised printed on the product.
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:07 am      Reply with quote
mixing the creams also dilutes the ingredients in half. i would just apply one first and then apply the other cream after about 10 minutes.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:25 am      Reply with quote
definately not a good idea, each cream have their own function to perform, if you mix them, there might be some kind of chemical reaction you are not aware of.
PinkyMandy

Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:26 am      Reply with quote
True! It's not good to mix your creams.I got a tips that I read over a magazine. The thing is if you happened to have severals skin problems you may have to deal with them step by step. Let's say you have acne problems and dark skin. First treat your acne until it's really really gone, then you can start on your dark skin. The key to beauty is patience, it won't work overnight unless you're using botox.
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:53 am      Reply with quote
Don't mix your creams.

They are made with different formulas and ingredients that are 'supposedly' balanced. However you mix the two and who knows what you get - what ingredient may react with what and cause an irritation.

pH level may disbalance, etc, and if one product was oxidized more than the other and has begun some bacteria growth, you will transfer that to the mix.

So NO, it's never a good idea to mix two different products.
saring
5% products discount

Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
I am not professional, but I don't think it's a good idea. I'll never mix two different products, so... scared~
halcyon_zyq
5% products discount

Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think it's a good idea. Maybe some cream can be mixed if you know the ingredient details. But sometimes I do mix a little bit aloe vera gel with the creams, because I want a light texture for my oily skin.
bciw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
do a skin test on an area you dont care about. if there's no irritation you can then apply on the face at your own risk
leshan
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:48 am      Reply with quote
I think it is not a good idea because sometime their componet is very different, perhaps mixed them will make skin worse.
chenhui
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:14 am      Reply with quote
Different products have different texture,so I don't think it si a good idea,may be two or more products mixed,they will have chemoreception but our eyes can't see it.I think that will hate our skin.
tinali0202
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:21 am      Reply with quote
i donot thnk so, well, if u really wants to know how is it, then try a little bit then ,see how is going. it is better to do than just ask people's recommendation
pieperd
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:31 am      Reply with quote
I think what is most important, is understanding the ingredients of each cream. You may find that they don't work combined with another cream/serum etc. Also, if they are not the same (natural/organic and not). You could also ask the manufacturer. I recall asking suki if I could use a juice beauty product while using their line. They said yes, since they were similar.

My thought is that if you have moved onto another product, it's time to get rid of the old.
nedkelly1985
5% products discount

Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:21 am      Reply with quote
It's not a good idea.
harriet
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:33 am      Reply with quote
It's frustrating to want to use up a cream that is not great..but I don't mix them ...just use them on my chest, neck upper arms etc. They get used up pretty quickly that way. I agree with the others about mixing messing up the way a cream can be effective.
vikki_cooler
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:53 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Many products are different Ph Values and when you mix them you change the product altogether -may not harm but may do no good either. You may change the quality, the absorption, and the total effectiveness.

Also many products need to penetrate the skin layer before other products are used over them. A c product for instance will work more effectively if you can wait 20 minutes in between.

If products could all be mixed together and still work we'd have lots of "one product does it all" out there. This just isn't the case.

Totally agree. I never mix a product with another. The only thing I do is adding several drops of essential oil in some unscented cream that has a really short ingredients list. But I do pay attention to what kind of oil should be added. So far, there is no harm.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |