Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Sea kelp Bio - SKB
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pinkheart_5
5% products discount

Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:22 am      Reply with quote
i am trying to make my 2nd purchase of seakelp bio. My first was from skin actives which is very expensive. Can i get suggestion from users who found SKB for cheaper price with similar/better to SAS's quality.
I know 2 other places which sell SKB: The Herbarie and NCNProskincare. which of these 2 or better sites do any one recommend? Plz help.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum pinkheart!

I've been researching skb's as well, but can't seem to find a lot of information. Can you please tell me how this compares to vit a/c, pentapeptides, dmae, etc...? Thank you!

I've never ordered from the Herbarie, but Nanci from NCN is extremely helpful and quick. Plus, she included a few freebies for me even though my order wasn't that big at all. HTH!
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:38 am      Reply with quote
I've also been ordering it from NCN. I think Nanci has been very helpful and I think she has grade A products.
Pachouli
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
pinkheart,

All SKB is made and supplied by the same company: Active Concepts LLC. It is actually Lactobacillus/Kelp Ferment Filtrate.

Fat_swan, HTH:

From http://www.activeconceptsllc.com
Quote:
Most fermentation is carried out via lactic acid bacteria (LAB) also known as lactobacilli. Fermentation acts as a preservation for foods, enables foods to be more readily digested, as well as increases the production of vitamins, minerals, and various other phyto-chemicals, depending upon the plant being fermented. Often the fermentation process increases the bioavailability of many chemical compounds by freeing them from the food matrix to which they are typically bound.
Utilizing these fermentation techniques, we have developed a line of Bioferment products for the cosmetics industry based on the principle that fermentation allows for the isolation and concentration of various phytochemicals.
pinkheart_5
5% products discount

Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you skincarefreak.

fat swan about SKB There is a simple explanation of why sea kelp bioferment seems to be good for everything (although maybe not for cold fusion). Our skin and scalp are not getting enough of anything. Because sea kelp provides almost everything (sugars, amino acids, nucleic acid bases, vitamins, minerals) being such a rich "broth", it will fix almost anything. So it does not have to be magic to work like magic.

If you need more info on SKB usuage, goto skinactives formus and do a quick search Wink .
pinkheart_5
5% products discount

Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="Pachouli"]pinkheart,

All SKB is made and supplied by the same company: Active Concepts LLC. It is actually Lactobacillus/Kelp Ferment Filtrate.

Pachouli first Thank you. I understand SKB is supplied by Active concepts, then why isn't someone purchasing from Herbarie which sells for much cheaper price than NCN. just my ignorant question Question

Wouldnt it be nice if users of SKB on EDS form can post here as to how they use SKB for skin and hair care Idea

Thank you Ladies in advance for all your ideas.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Pinkheart - If you are buying any quantity NCN proskin has the BEST prices... by far. And Nanci is all about quality and customer service.... Good luck Sis
minze
5% products discount

Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
SAS's SKB is a gel while NCN's seems to be a liquid. Does anyone know what accounts for the difference? Does NCN dilute their's?

Just found out this year that my skin LOVES SKB! Thanks for starting this thread. Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
pinkheart_5 wrote:
Wouldnt it be nice if users of SKB on EDS form can post here as to how they use SKB for skin and hair care Idea

Pinkheart, have you tried using the search feature? (the button is at the very top of every page)

I am pretty sure there have been lots of posts on this in the past, and I am sure you will get lots of ideas. And people won't have to retype things they already shared. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
minze wrote:
SAS's SKB is a gel while NCN's seems to be a liquid. Does anyone know what accounts for the difference? Does NCN dilute their's?

Just found out this year that my skin LOVES SKB! Thanks for starting this thread. Smile

I have a bottle from NCN and it is a gel. Hmmmm. The only difference I noticed is that it was clearer and not as yellow as SAS's. I thought it might just be a natural variation in batches. It performs the same.

My hair loves SKB Smile
Pachouli
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
pinkheart_5 wrote:

Pinkheart, have you tried using the search feature? (the button is at the very top of every page)

I am pretty sure there have been lots of posts on this in the past, and I am sure you will get lots of ideas. And people won't have to retype things they already shared. Smile

Pinkheart, Also try looking at the forum on skinactives.com. Lots of shared ideas there too.
minze
5% products discount

Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Pachouli! Very Happy Will try NCN's version. I'd bathe in this stuff if I could. hee.
NCN
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
minze wrote:

Hi Minze, I believe you emailed me about this today; and one of my clients just gave me a heads up regarding your post. Shock The SKB I get is a gel - not a liquid and it is absolutely NOT diluted! I can't find you on my client list, so unless you ordered under a different name than the one in your email to me, you've never tried it. I really wouldn't want that rumor to start... all is on the up and up here at NCN as the rest of you already know! I hope this clears thing up. Smile
minze
5% products discount

Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi NCN. Yes! I emailed you about your SKB today. I'd been checking my email for your reply and found it HERE!! Ha! I haven't placed my order yet since I was still looking into the differences between SKB sellers. But like I said I will give yours a try.

Didn't mean to start any rumors. Really, I'm just trying to get the best value for my money.

(P.S. the reason I thought your SKB was a liquid is that it's sold in a bottle rather than a jar like SAS's. sorry about the confusion.)
minze
5% products discount

Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Attn NCN! I've just placed an order for your SKB and anticipate posting a glowing review here once I receive and try it.

(Please feel free to add complimentary samples to my order in appreciation. Thanks! Thanks too for the lower prices.)
pinkheart_5
5% products discount

Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany wrote:

I have been trying for SKB posts on EDS but could find 1 or 2 here and there(Sorry if i am not a good searcher).so i thought it would be nice to have one Skb discussion.

I will place my order with NCN soon, i am concerned about International shipping cost, have to chk on tht.
Thank you all pretty Ladies.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
pinkheart_5 wrote:
I have been trying for SKB posts on EDS but could find 1 or 2 here and there(Sorry if i am not a good searcher).so i thought it would be nice to have one Skb discussion.

This should get you started...I searched for "skb" and selected "topics" (as opposed to "posts") at the bottom of the page. Many of these will be on the Skincare Tools and DIY forum.

Sea Kelp Bioferment
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31835&highlight=skb

sea kelp or SKB
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=25655&highlight=skb

SKB experiments
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=25672&highlight=skb

Best Source for SK Bioferment?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=25386&highlight=skb

RAVE!! Skin Actives Sea kelp Bioferment
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=14945&highlight=skb

Extending your SKB with Seamollient?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22638&highlight=skb

The Sea Kelp Bioferment Puzzle
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22583&highlight=skb

Seakelp Bioferment - $200 / gallon
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22063&highlight=skb

The best eyecream to mix with SKB?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=21002&highlight=skb

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:35 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Bethany!!

Is this pretty much the same stuff as what's in CdlM? Or are they totally different? Confused

Thanks
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |