Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Serum 16 (30 ml / 1 floz) HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Luxe (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Review: Yon-Ka Pamplemousse (Normal/Oily)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:51 am      Reply with quote
I will start off my saying that I can't really give a thorough review of this product as I haven't been using it often enough to see if it has any major effect on my skin. I used it solidly for about 2 weeks but now I tend to use it maybe once a week (I'm trying out a Decleor moisturiser instead).

The packaging is really dull. It's almost enough to put me off Yon-Ka products entirely!
The smell was described by my boyfriend as being like 'a lemon scented toilet cleaner'.
I find that this moisturiser works better as a base for make-up in combination with my Aromessence Neroli. When I have tried using this moisturiser on its own without the Neroli I find that my make-up doesn't go on as smoothly.

The moisturiser itself is pretty good. It sinks into the skin quickly and while it doesn't leave your skin completely matt, it doesn't leave an unpleasant film on your skin.

All in all, a good moisturiser but I have had better results with cheaper products that smell a lot nicer! Very Happy
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Confused I liked it Very Happy
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Eve wrote:
Confused I liked it Very Happy

The smell or the way the product worked for your skin? Smile

What benefit did your skin get from it? Maybe if I stick with it a bit longer I may see something different in the product.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:17 am      Reply with quote
the product.

it helped to control my oily skin and made it smoother. I think it's tricky to tell about the product if you're using it once a week though.
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:32 am      Reply with quote
I started off by using it everyday for 2 weeks and although it didn't react badly with my skin, it didn't seem to do anything special for my skin either (although I know you should use a product for at least 1 month to give it a fair trial). I found that another moisturiser (Liz Earle Skin Repair Light) had a much more immediate effect on my skin.

I'm not saying that Pamplemousse is a bad product. I just think the smell of it has made me less keen to use it on a regular basis. I don't like my boyfriend commenting on how I smell like a toilet cleaner! Very Happy

Is it your favourite moisturiser, Eve? What's your skin type and which ones have you tried? I'm always on the look out for a good moisturiser for combination/oily skin. Smile
farouk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
guys if you want the best moisturiser on this earth - try sircuits protective day care.

i warn you its unbearable expensive at $60 for only 30ml - but i honestly have never tried anything like it, ever!

the website is sircuitskin.com

and the good news is - you can use it - and give it back - hooray for skin companies that allow you to do this!!

seriously check it out peeps. theyre xtrap cleanser is also amazing. ive got acne prone skin and would never buy something that said suitable for all skin types - but it leaves my skin soft, matte and acne free!

hope this helps.

farouk
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
So farouk, are you liking it better than eminence? It's a line geared for gents. right?
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Toe wrote:
I started off by using it everyday for 2 weeks and although it didn't react badly with my skin, it didn't seem to do anything special for my skin either (although I know you should use a product for at least 1 month to give it a fair trial). I found that another moisturiser (Liz Earle Skin Repair Light) had a much more immediate effect on my skin.

I'm not saying that Pamplemousse is a bad product. I just think the smell of it has made me less keen to use it on a regular basis. I don't like my boyfriend commenting on how I smell like a toilet cleaner! Very Happy

Is it your favourite moisturiser, Eve? What's your skin type and which ones have you tried? I'm always on the look out for a good moisturiser for combination/oily skin. Smile

Hi Toe,
It's not my only moisturiser as I'm using more of the ADCE now, I still dip in to my Yonka collection and a couple of others as I feel my skin needs it, eg.time of the month flare ups.
My skin, is tends to be oily more so due to hormones so I'm always looking for something to balance it out.
I'm pleased you like the Liz Earle, I was never 100% happy with it as I felt it too heavy for my skin - I guess it just goes to show even though we lump ourselves together saying, oily skin, dry skin etc we all react differently to a product.
System
Automatic Message
Mon May 13, 2024 3:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |