Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Looking for a mineral makeup similar or better than JI
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Jane Iredale for many years, and I really dont like their new formulation as I am between two colors, and I find it does not have the staying power it once had. Does anyone know of any product that is light weight, gives coverage, and has few chemicals/preservatives in it?

I am almost out of my JI and really want something new, better...

THANKS
yogagirl89
5% products discount

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
I love my Pampered Puss foundation from Meow Cosmetics.

The customer service is great, the price is very reasonable, the cat theme is cute, and the ingredients are simple (100% natural, no chemicals, parabens, etc.). This formulation contains only mica, titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, and iron oxides.

I have been using this powder (along with Meow's primer powder for oily skin and finishing powder) for over a year and have had no problems with my somewhat sensitive and very oily skin.

They offer a huge variety of colors and you can purchase samples for $1.00 each so you can experiment and find your perfect match.

I hope this helps. Very Happy
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Lumiere Cosmetics my favorite. But I will 2nd Meow, it also very nice.

They are both basic formulas without all the extras that mineral makeup doesnt need anyway.
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
I have actually tried lumiere, and you are correct, they have a lovely product. The only problem I had such a hard time finding a good color match, however,maybe I will try again.

Thanks for the reminder..
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Feliz wrote:
The only problem I had such a hard time finding a good color match.

They have a really good color selection but I find I need to mix 2 colors to get a good match. Luckily I find it to be nicely priced and it lasts so long I don't mind getting 2 colors to mix.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
I used to use Jane Iredale cosmetics after hearing so many raves about the line, but after just a few months of use, I began to have allergic reactions to the products. The mineral base loose powder makes my skin itch incessantly just minutes after applying and I've had terrible reactions with the eyeshadows and eyeliners too; terribly itchy, red and dry eyelids with watery bloodshot eyes and I have often woken up with pink eye after wearing the products even though I washed my face thoroughly before going to bed. It really sucks because I used to love the line and the great colours and selection. I still think their brushes and lip glosses are great but I don't think I'll be buying anything else from JI. I have since returned to my first favourite natural cosmetic line - Dr Hauschka. They don't have much selection in terms of colours but my skin loves the products and I have never had any reaction or discomfort from any of their products. I do find however, that the few colours they have do blend in well with different skin tones. You might want to give Dr H a try. I highly recommend the whole line and have been using it for about 7 years now.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
dior has a new mineral one that every one is raving about on MUA , its called Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Fresh Powder Makeup
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
nibn wrote:
dior has a new mineral one that every one is raving about on MUA , its called Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Fresh Powder Makeup

this is getting rave reviews on the sephora website too-I might just have to check it out!
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:58 am      Reply with quote
My favorite mineral makeups are Lumiere and Everyday Minerals. I especially like the Semi Matte formulas. Lumiere calls ir Veena Velvet.
Mabsy

Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:22 am      Reply with quote
I really like the JI pressed MMU and in general prefer pressed MMU to loose (less messy and somehow easier to apply). Other than JI, I have also liked True (this grew on me, but it gives good coverage and lasts well) and I'm currently loving the new Mirenesse pressed SkinClone MMU. I only started using this a week ago and have had a few questions from friends about what foundation I'm using and where they can get it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:15 am      Reply with quote
I switched from JI to glomineral. I like it way better.
nurseco
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:18 am      Reply with quote
I like EDM for loose minerals but I no longer use it every day. I've been using Mychelle's stick mineral foundations and really like it a lot. No more messy sink! It's kind of like a cream to almost-powder foundation that comes in a stick that you roll up. I got a light color and a darker one for use as a bronzer. They also make concealors that are nice, too. Don't like their eye shadows, though. The blush is fine as well.
s77
5% products discount

Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
It's great to know there are other good MMU products, I'd like to try Lumiere when I use out JI.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |