Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
have you heard about BB cream?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
masaholly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
The korean BB (blemish balm) cream is so hit recently as it claimed that it has the effect on sun protection, wrinkle free, whitening as well as moisturizing function. Also, they can excellently concealing any types of pigmentation or discoloration area on face including acne, coupe rose, age spots, sun spots and dark circles without clogging skin pores. Anyone has tried it and share?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
Here is a fairly recent thread on that topic.

BB Cream
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=32513&highlight=bb+cream

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
I tried it when I was in HK few weeks ago, it's just a kind of make-up base, I don't really understand why so popular?
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Is it supposed to have any sort of benefit for the skin or is it purely makeup?
jefftiew

Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
supposed to have sun-screen protection, whitening effect
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:19 am      Reply with quote
jefftiew wrote:
supposed to have sun-screen protection, whitening effect

Do you know if it actually works or is it all hype?
littlecandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:17 am      Reply with quote
I tried one small sample named "SINIC"
It's good and if have chance,I will buy 50ml from Hongkong.I never see it in China mailland.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:39 am      Reply with quote
u have to find the right BB that works for you, DODO club's BB cream clogged me up badly.
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
yes, it was created in Korea for patients after plastic surgery!!
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
I don't understand why BB cream is so popular as well. I don't dare to try or use it because it is so cheap and I know a lot fake BB cream available in the market as well.
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:04 am      Reply with quote
I have used Skin Food BB cream.
Actually, I do not think BB cream is so fantastic as people always talk about. In my opinion, BB cream=foundation primer + foundation. However, some BB creamshave the SPF ss, which is much more useful in summer.
yobi
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Yes, It's poplar in Korea, It's like a foundation with SPF and whitening.
fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:02 am      Reply with quote
it is HOT in china,where can i buy it in canada?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
I think The blemish (Korean BB balm) going with only common shielding function, if there are so good that we will use so expensive powdery bottom cream? Razz
jessicahe
5% products discount

Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
I think BB cream is just a makeup base.
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:41 am      Reply with quote
BB cream has definitely sparked off a huge craze in Asia as it's supposed to be the secret of Korean actresses for having beautiful and flawless skin.

I was always curious to try it and a few days ago, I finally picked up a few samples of Hanskin Super Magic BB Cream.(one of the best selling bb creams in korea)

Basically, it has a pale grayish pinky tone with a rather thick texture. When I first apply it on my face, it looks a bit gray. But when I spread it out, it blends in with my skin tone and gives me a natural look.

And the bb cream has a very good coverage. It covers my dark circles, uneven skin tone and blurs the pores naturally, giving the skin a natural glow as well as keeping the skin hydrated.

I would recommend this product if you are looking for a convenient 3in1 product (sunscreen + tinted moisturizer + concealer) for a fresh and nice minimal makeup look.

But its pale color shade is probably ONLY suitable for those with light skin tones.
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:19 am      Reply with quote
It ends up looking different on your face than it does when you squeeze it out. The color out of the tube looks weird. Somehow it meshes and looks more natural on. But still, not a perfect match.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
So the "blemish balm" has nothing to do with killing blemishes/zits?
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
not really. but it won't really aggravate acne prone skin either.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:40 am      Reply with quote
BB Creams do have acne fighting as well as anti-aging ingredients. They are also highly moisturizing, contain SPF, conceal skin imperfections and lay a foundation for your other makeup.

Overall, BB cream is a combined product which suppose to eliminate many products from your daily routine by offering key ingredients that in skin care and makeup.
Spotted Dragon

Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
I have one straight from Korea - a friend got it for me. It gave me that ghostly shadow that you can sometimes get from an SPF lotion. Maybe the cream was too light for me, but I am a pretty fair skinned Asian. But other people I know SWEAR by it...
lilybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:53 am      Reply with quote
I knew this kind of product but never use them for some resons that i don't know

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried 3-4 bb creams and I'm actually still using it, with good success! I'm using Dr Jart's silver label bb cream. It really is such a versatile product- concealer, sunscreen, foundation.
They do not have the full ingredients list anywhere. Maybe if you read Korean then you could find it but I've searched high and low for the full list but to no avail.
Even though its called blemish balm, I dont really see that it improves my blemishes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried some higher end brands of BB cream from Korea and I really don't like it. It's thick. Very thick, half way through the day I wanted to just wash the stuff off my face.

It does have good coverage though, and also contains sunscreen? If you're after that. I couldn't get past the texture myself.
kala~kala
5% products discount

Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:00 am      Reply with quote
I think bb cream=foundation
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |