Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anybody know of a DIY supplier in Asia?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:20 am      Reply with quote
I've been following Dr Kassy's threads and recipes closely for the last couple weeks, and I really want to try them out! Except I don't want to spend all the money I'll save on international shipping... Sad

I'd love to hear from other DIYers in this part of the world. TIA!!!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:11 am      Reply with quote
I've ordered ingredients from Bulkactives in the past and find them completely reliable. I think they're in Taiwan.

http://www.bulkactives.com

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Keliu! In terms of quality, such as particle size of powders for example, how do they compare to the more popular companies such as skinactives, thepersonalformulator, lotioncrafter? Thank you!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:09 am      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
Thanks Keliu! In terms of quality, such as particle size of powders for example, how do they compare to the more popular companies such as skinactives, thepersonalformulator, lotioncrafter? Thank you!

I'm no expert on how to tell quality or on what size the particles should be - but I've had no trouble dissolving their powders. I've ordered Niacinamide, Glucosamine, L-Ascorbic Acid and oil soluble Vitamin C from them.

Also, I think that they are quite a popular place to order from - quite a few Forum members use them.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Good to know, thanks Keliu!
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:20 am      Reply with quote
I face the same issues that you do, fat_swan, and hate having to pay extra shipping and customs charges every time I want to buy something from the States. Unfortunately, I do not know of any suppliers in Asia at this time. If you are really keen to get started with your DIY projects, I would suggest you consider Bulkactives (as Keliu suggested), or Skinactives and/or Cellbone for your first order. Skinactives will ship any size order internationally for $10.00 via USPS. If you want your order tracked and insured, you can upgrade your shipping charge for $20.00. This is a pretty good deal if you are ordering a number of items. A lot of e-tailers insist you order a "minimum amount" from them, then add a handling charge, then base the shipping rate on weight, and then top this off by adding a whopping amount to insure the package (that they force you to include)! It's nuts! Rolling Eyes www.skinactives.com/news/news.aspx?news_Id=12

If you see any special actives from Cellbone that you want to buy then email them and tell them you are an international customer who does not want to pay for UPS shipping (which is Cellbone's default shipping service). Kindly request that they send the order via USPS instead and they will oblige. Though Cellbone does not have a minimum order amount or a handling fee, they will weigh the package at the post-office and then charge you the exact amount it costs to mail it to you. If you want insurance, you'll need to pay extra for this.www.cellbone.com

In terms of quality & particle size for a given active from any supplier; from my own experience the only difference I've detected is the "fineness" of the powders (ie., L-Ascorbic Acid powder), which can determine how easily and fast they will dissolve. Some suppliers sell Ultrafine powders and some do not. If you find you are having difficulty dissolving a powder with larger grains into a solution, gently grind the powder before you use it with a Mortar & Pestle set (which is very inexpensive to buy!). This will definitely yield an ultrafine powder that will dissolve much easier and often faster and not compromise the effectiveness in the process. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:55 am      Reply with quote
Thanks ScotsLass for you detailed reply. I will definitely look into skinactives, as they sound like the best deal. Thank you!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |