Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Stop/Tua Viso/Clarisonic/Dermaroller/Baby Quasar
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Zelda
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:31 am      Reply with quote
If you could only afford 1 of the above, which would you recommend I buy.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Zelda..how old are you..what is your skin like..what goals do you have for improving your skin? These tools have different functions..in additon..imo..working differently on different skin types(thickness, sensitivity of skin, etc.)

also..if you are interested in led's there are different kinds of leds that might spark your interest other than the baby quasar..depending again..on what your skin's needs are (and other factors)likeLightstim led's..or Prolight leds.

But most importantly..what most here seems to agree on is that a facial exercise program is the best 'investment' for facial regeneration..and prevention of facial 'deterioration".

Take a look at the 'Ageless if you Dare' thread on the forum you posted on..it wouldbe a good place to begin to understand about facial exercises..and the program currently only costs $10. If you like the idea of it..you could purchase it and begin using it while you are studying threads relavant to the other gagdets you have posted about...and depending on your age and skin condition may discover you really don't need tospend the money on the other gagdets you are inquiring about. (at any rate through studying the relevant links you will get a better understanding of what has worked and not worked for others on this forum...and whether the gagdet seems appropriate for you or not.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:37 am      Reply with quote
I would recommend the $10 Ageless program over all of those as well

But we definitely need more detail on what you are trying to treat before we could make any other recommendations.

5% products discount

Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and am blown away with the amount of info and advice given - awesome! However, I'm sooo confused as to which laser option I should choose.

I'm 42 (well almost!), have fair sensitive skin, rosacea (mainly flushing in the cheek area with occasional acne and pustules breakouts). Right now the rosacea seems to be under control.

I am currently using the Facemaster with some success but I feel I need additional help. I have the Flex Effect Facial exerciser but found it really uncomfortable to use. I will definitely check out Ageless as I've seen it mentioned so many times on this forum. Can you please advise what other handheld lasers I should try. I really want something that will help with firming my skin and decreasing wrinkles without, obviously, causing problems with my rosacea. I loved the Stop device mentioned on another thread but am guessing it's not for people with skin conditions...sigh Sad .

Thanks in advance.

Eireann

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:25 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your responses. I am 50, and my main concern is lines around the mouth and eyes, plus sagging (especially sides of mouth). I also have very bad open pores and my skin is oily. (sounds horrible i dont look that bad really!).

Thanks a lot
Zel
xxx
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:58 am      Reply with quote
Zelda,

I would get the Clarisonic because it does a lot! I would say it's my #1 skin care tool - it's like a mini spa treatment every day. The Clarisonic would help clean your skin, minimize your pores, and does light exfoliation (which does build up over time to decreased fine lines - from my own personal experience and photos I've seen posted on the Clarisonic site).

For someone with rosacea, you would have to try the Clarisonic to see if it works for your skin. I would use the delicate brush first and maybe use every other day to start. Clarisonic has a money-back guarantee return policy (time limited - 60 days, I think) if you buy from an authorized dealer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:00 am      Reply with quote
eireann wrote:
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and am blown away with the amount of info and advice given - awesome! However, I'm sooo confused as to which laser option I should choose.

I'm 42 (well almost!), have fair sensitive skin, rosacea (mainly flushing in the cheek area with occasional acne and pustules breakouts). Right now the rosacea seems to be under control.

I am currently using the Facemaster with some success but I feel I need additional help. I have the Flex Effect Facial exerciser but found it really uncomfortable to use. I will definitely check out Ageless as I've seen it mentioned so many times on this forum. Can you please advise what other handheld lasers I should try. I really want something that will help with firming my skin and decreasing wrinkles without, obviously, causing problems with my rosacea. I loved the Stop device mentioned on another thread but am guessing it's not for people with skin conditions...sigh Sad .

Thanks in advance.

Eireann

Eireann,

LightStim sells a light specifically for rosacea:
http://www.lightstim.com/light-therapy-products.html
I think some other companies do as well.

5% products discount

Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your responses.

I purchased a Clarisonic brush last year (with the brush for sensitive skin) and used it daily until problems with my skin (not related to the Clarisonic) forced me to give up using it. I intended to use it again when my skin recovered, but kept forgetting to pull it out of storage. Thanks to your post I was reminded to get it out and recharge it. I've just started using it again so I'll see how it goes.

I think the Rosacea Lightstim would be great for my Rosacea but is it also an effective anti-aging tool like the original Lighstim? I definitely need something to help me battle the aging process head-on!

Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone I have been reading your post and I am very impressed with what has been said. The amount of care & concern goes into your thought and suggestion. Well I will tell you I am 55 years old and am really showing it lately. The biggest shook is when you look in the mirror at the side profile and you go oh my is that me! I know it is my face is falling just like chicken little, the sky is falling but its your face. I have always had wrinlkes or expression lines as my Mom says its genetic.
I have pretty tough skin being out doorsie and all and yes a lot of sun damage I am sure. Would the dermal roller be idea for me and what depth would you suggest to get rid of these many nasty deep expression lines or furrow would you recommend. Lines meaning yes between the eyes around the eyes above the mouth man I got a lot.
Give some advice guys I need it....
Thanks Shazam
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
shazam wrote:
Hello everyone I have been reading your post and I am very impressed with what has been said. The amount of care & concern goes into your thought and suggestion. Well I will tell you I am 55 years old and am really showing it lately. The biggest shook is when you look in the mirror at the side profile and you go oh my is that me! I know it is my face is falling just like chicken little, the sky is falling but its your face. I have always had wrinlkes or expression lines as my Mom says its genetic.
I have pretty tough skin being out doorsie and all and yes a lot of sun damage I am sure. Would the dermal roller be idea for me and what depth would you suggest to get rid of these many nasty deep expression lines or furrow would you recommend. Lines meaning yes between the eyes around the eyes above the mouth man I got a lot.
Give some advice guys I need it....
Thanks Shazam

For the lines above the mouth, look intowww.lips2kiss.com products. There are super mega long discussion threads here on EDS Forum with pics, etc. Some of Kandis' products can be used around the eye area too.

I do think the Clarisonic used daily with it's light exfoliation has helped lessen my forehead and crow's feet lines. I also do home dermabrasion with products like creams with granules. Retin A or retinol would be useful too. I use Leaf & Rusher's Active Serum (2% retinol and 2% Vit. C).

Also look into facial exercises.

Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:59 am      Reply with quote
Oh thank you for the info I have been to site and am very impressed finally the full package. The Internet is a wonderful tool but to much selling with not enough knowledgeable information I find. This site has a lot and looks like great customer support I hope, I have asked some question and am waiting to here back from them. I will keep you posted and what I find out.
Thanks a bunch again for your suggestion.
Shazam Smile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |