Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Estee Lauder serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Emma_N
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:11 am      Reply with quote
The quality doesnt match the price!
I have tried the idealist(green bottle), night repair(brown) and perfectionist cp(purple), all of them are wasting my money.
The idealist and perfectionist have same texture, like the serum isnt absorbed by skin.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:13 am      Reply with quote
I think that the EL products are okay and nothing more. I have yet to try one that I would incorporate into my skin care.The price is crazy because of the constant flashy advertising & exorbitant costs for celebrity representations. The funny thing is that the celebs don't necessarily even use that stuff.
A few years ago when I was in Toronto I had a facial (just after the Toronto International Film Festival was in town) @ Holt Renfrew on Bloor (they had an EL Spa at the time) & the esthetician told me that Catherine Zeta Jones was there one of the nights of the hoopla. I asked if she had brought her Elizabeth Arden products to be used & the esthetician just laughed.
I'm sure that they use decent ingredients but I would way rather buy from someone who concentrates firstly on the ingredient list and has nice packaging & reasonable advertising. Word of mouth is the best & it kills me to hear how disappointed ladies are in EL, Clinique (same company Neutral ) and long lines continue to purchase. I am embarrassed to say that I have fallen prey to their (& other) advertising & promises in the past - but no more. Repurchasing is the biggest compliment.

Enough said. Wink
littlecandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Yes.I used two bottles of ANR.I think its good though its expensive especially in China.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:44 am      Reply with quote
I tried EL night repair before and feel it is not that bad, at least comparable to other anti aging serums from similar leading department store brands. It is pricy, but I guess most anti aging lines are pricy. EL idealist is basically a primer. It claims to diminish pores in the long run but as discussed in this forum, once the pores are there, it is almost impossible to reduce or diminish them.
harriet
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:23 am      Reply with quote
I have used them over the years and found some of them were irritating, like the Perfectionist, and others did nothing, like the Fruition. I have a bottle of the Advanced Night Repair which I am using up on my chest. I bought it just before I discovered EDS (yeah!) and now use other lines which I think are of much higher quality. It seems ok but nothing special.
magsiemags
5% products discount

Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:48 am      Reply with quote
I have used the EL night repair a few years ago, it did nothing, was for me a total waste of money Neutral
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
ANR is good if you just use it as moisturizing serum.

I think Ultimate Lifting Serum and Intensive Lifting Serum are great,but still expensive.
fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
The idealist equal to silicon,hate it
but the brown bottle ANR is my staple.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
Estee Lauder products are sold to normal person, so the ingredients should be used very safly. I admire that Estee Lauder serum is so so, but still a lot of people love to use it, so there must be some people whose skin is suitable for this.
jandarling
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:30 am      Reply with quote
advanced night repair works really well for me, but my skin is bit young. so i don't use it on a daily basis. I personally feel it's more suitable for the mature age group, probably over 30
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |