Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What's yuor fav sunscreen?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
suezzzque

Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
I'm looking for a new sunscreen. Hope to find something that's not oily. Any suggestions?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
I have combo skin with oily t zones and absolutely Shiseido extra smooth sunscreen spf30+ --> matte finish, no breakouts, or white cast. Smile
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried numerous sunscreens and always come back to Jan Marini Antioxidant Daily Face Protectant SPF 30. The skincare line I use has a suncreen of 15. Living on Cape Cod I use Jan Marini whenever I have extended sun exposure.

Here is some information about this product:

Jan Marini Skin Research Antioxidant Daily Face Protectant SPF 30 Waterproof combines a revolutionary microscopic sponge encapsulation system, state of the art sun protection, a powerful antioxidant component and a superb hydrating complex.

Antioxidant Daily Face Protectant incorporates a combination of conventional sunscreening agents along with two newly developed non-chemical sun blocking substances that provide enhanced sun protection as well as exceptional skin recovery benefits. The result is a formulation that ensures continuous coverage for daily or extended exposure conditions with a broad spectrum SPF 30 rating that is also waterproof for times when perspiration or water sports may be a factor.

Unlike traditional sunscreens, Antioxidant Daily Face Protectant never feels heavy or oily, but instead gives a lasting oil-free matte finish that leaves facial skin with a soft silky conditioned effect as it aids in increasing and sustaining moisture content. This is due to microscopic sponge technology. Microscopic sponges are polymer spheres with huge numbers of interconnecting spaces that can entrap and absorb unwanted materials such as excess oils. Their nearly unlimited capacity enables the elimination of undesirable shine to be monitored continuously for all day control.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
socalgirl
5% products discount

Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
I agree the Sheisedo Extra Smooth is like magic how it goes on and feels! Especially for such a high spf. I have the "for face" one that I use daily. I also have an Almay pure tints for lips in clear SPF 25 that I like, its kind of sticky, but it stays on well, plus its cheap and very shiny! Smile
Mabsy

Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:22 am      Reply with quote
I like my Skinceuticals Ultimate UV Defense (SPF30) but also like the Shiseido Anessa range.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
I use one called kinesis. It's a spray on that goes on like baby oil but is oil free and soaks into your skin really quick. I spray it in my hands to apply to my face though. I am prone to acne from most products but this one I have no problems with. I know it doesn't clog my pores because it's also the only product that doesn't cause me to break out in heat rash. It doesn't run into my eyes when swimming or sweating either. I love the stuff, and it's only $12 canadian per bottle =)
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
I use Coppertone Faces oil-free spf 30. I have combo skin (oily t-zone). It's not greaseless but it hasn't broken me out either. I use it because it is stable. Otherwise, I prefer the Banana Boat spf 48 but I would have to reapply every couple hours so quit using it....
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
At the moment I'm using Serious Skin Care's C Cream.
Perrier_G
5% products discount

Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
I am using Kiehl's. it is very light and non-greasy. honestly, i have tried so many brands of sunscreen, and every single one of them say is non-greasy. craps to me... the the light moisturizer from kiehls, so far is the best one i have tried. i tried estee lauder, biotherm, clinque, none of them is any better than kielhs. give it a try and let me know too.
anyone living in vancouver, bc; there's the kielh's store open on robson, haha dont have to go to holts all the time now...

GG
freckles127
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
I've used Skinceuticals and it gave me a white cast.. I found it thick and gooey. This is perhaps I used too much? Embarassed

But a well priced one is Olay Complete which is SPF 15, if you are looking for higher SPF, DDF makes one called Organic Sunblock SPF 30. I found this one non greasy and absorbed better than Skinceuticals.
Strawberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:21 am      Reply with quote
I love my sheishdo water proof SPF 55 sunblock. Its one of the best i have used and i have tried a lot of different ones. Its light and sinks right into the skin without leaving a mark. However, for a sunblock which one should use sparangly (sp?) its a bit pricey.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |