Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Renova vs. Generic Brand
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
spinney
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:19 am      Reply with quote
Keli, i did not get it. Mad
GORGEOUS@50
5% products discount

Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all Im Jelly and new to the forum !!!!

I am 50 and would like to try retin A cream etc.... I do skin rolling 1.5 and I have eurasian skin so pretty strong skin.

Experienced retin a ( renova users) please can you suggest to me what to buy re retina creams/ gels and percentage gosh there is a big list and I dont know what I should choose !!!!! I will be ordering online and recieve in australia !!!! after reading this thread it sounds like there is good reason for getting it only by perscription in this country. I have very sparse eyebrows in the first place it would be terrible to lose it all.. so please clarify what to use thankyou Jelly......

5% products discount

Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
can anyone help m please see post above ?? thankyou jelly....

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Gorgeous@50, you could start with either the 0.025 or the 0.050. The 0.025 is the lowest strength and the 0.050 is a mid strength. If you have never used Retin A before you would want to start out at the lower dose and work your way up to the highest strength, which is 0.1%. The Retin A cream is more for normal to dry skin, while the gel is pretty harsh and is usually for very oily skin. Renova is more moisturizing than Retin A. Hope that helps.
GORGEOUS@50
5% products discount

Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
thankyou very much for answering Riley girl yes it helped love Jelly.....

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:02 am      Reply with quote
GORGEOUS@50 wrote:
thankyou very much for answering Riley girl yes it helped love Jelly.....

That's great. Good luck. Remember that the topical retinoids take at least 6 months to show improvement in your skin, and the best results coming at the 1 year mark!
LAT
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Gorgeous

You could also start out first with an over the counter retinoid, just to get your skin adjusted before using perscription strength. Also, I thought that retin-a micro gel was supposed to be easier on the skin. I beleive I read that you have less irritation because it distributes retin-a over time instead of all at once. Confused
GORGEOUS@50
5% products discount

Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:29 am      Reply with quote
thankyou aGAIN!!! well if I got an over the counter retinoid I wouldnt have a clue which one to use ????? its a jungle out there !!!! love Jelly....

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:25 am      Reply with quote
Georgeous - as I have explained to you on other threads, and in response to your PM, Retin-A is easily available in Australia at a nominal cost - all you have to do is get a prescription from your doctor. He will then answer any questions you may have and will advise you on the appropriate strength and usage. I'm not sure why you are still so confused.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:31 am      Reply with quote
Also, I thought I'd better mention it's definitely not advisable to use Retin-A directly after Dermarolling. Your skin needs time to adjust to Retin-A.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Gorgeous

I have used both skinceuticals 1.0 and Green Cream, both can be bought on-line. RoC is another good brand that can be found at your local drug store. I'm sure there are many more to choose from. All of these obviously are not as strong as perscription strength but are strong enough to see a difference in your skin. If you have never used retinol, they may be better to start with just to see how or if your skin reacts. It's all just my opinion of course Smile
cali1979
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:39 am      Reply with quote
I wonder if you can tell you doctor about your idea, he should give a proper advise.
newlifes

Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:04 am      Reply with quote
the generic works fine
System
Automatic Message
Thu May 02, 2024 10:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |