Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dark eye circles
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ourlovestory
5% products discount

Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Hello, I have tried quite a few eye cream and eye masks, but I still have a big problem.. I always sleep late which caused dark eye circles!! Any recommendations for any "formulas" to make my dark eye circles less obvious... *of coz besides having plenty of sleep and sleeping early!* Any DIY will be interesting too! Thanks! Smile
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Some times it just genetics or allergies. I've always had dark circles and no creams have ever helped.
Finding a good concealer is your best bet IMO.
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Toby, on this Forum, has recently described two amazing products that seem to help both bags and dark circles. It's called Illuminating eye care and Instant eye tuck serum. They're pricey but give you 300 applications.
I don't know how to post a link but you can search for it.
Good luck! I have a similar problem and I'm itching to buy this product.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
I found that products with the ingredient "chrysin" seem to fade my circles in time. Vanilyx is what I am using now and is available online for $19 if you look around.

You can also go to http://www.skinactives.com/product/detail.aspx?prodID=27

and find the ingredients to make your own. They sell Bright-I cream Ready-Made there which has some nice ingredients already in it, but many fillers and preservatives IMO.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
I posted before about similar problem, then in one of the threads I found recommendation for facial exercises and massage around the eyes and to my amazement (I don't know why I have never thought of it before), it is working. My eye circles became less visible, and my blues used to be significant to the point that I would never allowed to be seen without concealer, because I would look as if I was seriously sick (but I am not, no worries Smile So after one week of exercises, massage and whatever I use (it's in my signature - but it's not specific to this problem), the bluish color is almost not there anymore, and I am building up some nice volume under the eyes too, skin visually smoothed out. So I recommend trying exercises for the eye area, it is refreshing and never hurts anyone.
Pachouli
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
ourlovestory,

fawnie is correct that chrysin is helpful. So is hesperidin. (Chrysin is the active in haloxyl and hesperidin is the active in eyeliss.) SAS (skinactives.com) carries a ready-made cream called Bright-I with both actives. I make a DIY that contains both and I swear I saw results within a week.
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:12 am      Reply with quote
Have your eyes relax when you work over an hour.
Besides, tap your eyes by fingers over 100 times every time when you apply your eye cream.
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:20 am      Reply with quote
nothing much can make them disappear other than lifestyle change!!! sleep early, drink lots of water, do daily massages.

According to chinese medicine, there are specific time where the body cleanses itself. so if u pass that time, then viola!
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
I'm gonna try the Ageless face exercises to help with under eye discoloration and fine wrinkles. I also am interested in the products recently posted by Toby - the video link posted from YouTube by the makeup guy is great!

Calorblind, you are right about Chinese medicine. Each meridian (which are associated with different organs) has a two hour peak time and a low time (opposite time of the day from peak time). It is important to get to bed early to rejuvenate the liver (peak time 1-3am). I'm not good about that Wink You can see the times associated with each meridian at:
http://www.yinyanghouse.com/acupuncturepoints/locations_theory_and_clinical_applications

FlyFlyOnly - interesting post re: tapping. I study Energy Medicine with Donna Edenwww.LearnEnergyMedicine.com
There are many Energy Medicine exercises to help with eye health and some include tapping the eyelid (cover eyelid with one index finger and tap on top of it with the other index finger lightly - sends energy to the hypothalamus in the brain). And palming the eyes is common in many cultures. Especially good to give the eyes a rest from the strain of today's technology (computers and such).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
ella-stella wrote:
I posted before about similar problem, then in one of the threads I found recommendation for facial exercises and massage around the eyes and to my amazement (I don't know why I have never thought of it before), it is working. My eye circles became less visible, and my blues used to be significant to the point that I would never allowed to be seen without concealer, because I would look as if I was seriously sick (but I am not, no worries Smile So after one week of exercises, massage and whatever I use (it's in my signature - but it's not specific to this problem), the bluish color is almost not there anymore, and I am building up some nice volume under the eyes too, skin visually smoothed out. So I recommend trying exercises for the eye area, it is refreshing and never hurts anyone.

Great news, Ella-Stella! What facial exercises are you using that are working so well for the circles?

5% products discount

Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
You guys need to hop over to the Easy-Eye Solutions forum! Best under-eye product ever.
jandarling
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:34 am      Reply with quote
i heard massage works for eyes, just like when i go for facial, there will be eye massage, but i'm really afraid of doing it myself and exerting too much force such that wrinkles appear, since the eye area is the most dedicate, how do you determine the force to exert?
thirtyish
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Pachouli wrote:
ourlovestory,

fawnie is correct that chrysin is helpful. So is hesperidin. (Chrysin is the active in haloxyl and hesperidin is the active in eyeliss.) SAS (skinactives.com) carries a ready-made cream called Bright-I with both actives. I make a DIY that contains both and I swear I saw results within a week.

I was going to order hesperidin to bring color to my super pale lips (which is what I heard it does)...and it is supposed to work for dark circles too? I wonder if it could really treat both issues.
Pachouli
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hesperidin has been shown to reduce capillary permeability, that is how it reduces dark circles.
According to Hannah at SAS it is also good for pale lips, I don't know the mechanism.
I purchased some from GOW (gardenofwisdom.com) and added to both my DIY eye cream (which also has chrysin and EGF) and my lip balm.
My eyes are definitely better, my lips "seem" pinker.
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:

Great news, Ella-Stella! What facial exercises are you using that are working so well for the circles?

I started with some exercises I found on YouTube, but now I've been doing Ageless Exercises exclusively. But what a bummer, I injured badly my write-hand thumb this morning and don't even know how to continue as it is needed for this type of exercises Sad
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
I meant "Ageless if you Dare" exercises.
ourlovestory
5% products discount

Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
flyflyonly wrote:
Have your eyes relax when you work over an hour.
Besides, tap your eyes by fingers over 100 times every time when you apply your eye cream.

100 times is a lot!!.. considering we need to apply eye cream twice a day which will add up to 200 times tapping on our eyes!! My beautian actually "stress" on my eye joint areas when applying eye cream for me... not sure if that is also a technic in applying eye cream..??
ourlovestory
5% products discount

Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all

Thanks for all the replies Smile I learnt something new about chrysin and hesperidin. I will start to google more about them! I am also interested to know what are the eye creams products available in the market now contain these ingredents?

Massage is good for reducing fine lines, but maybe not for dark eye circles. Of coz, sufficient rest for the eyes are important..I maybe too busy for that sometimes Razz

My mum is using the Cellcosmet Eye cream which she said is good... not too sure if it is good for dark eye circles. I saw a thread for this and will go read later Smile

Cheers!
huyuanyuan

Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:22 am      Reply with quote
I also have a very serious dark eye circles, do not know how to run?
Pachouli
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:38 am      Reply with quote
ourlovestory wrote:
I am also interested to know what are the eye creams products available in the market now contain these ingredents.

SAS (skinactives.com) carries a ready-made cream called Bright-I with both actives.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:49 am      Reply with quote
I have not used it myself, but other members rate about Peter Thomas Roth's Power K Eye Resuce for dark circles. You may want to check out those threads. I know it is sold at EDS.
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I have same opinon as above. Peter Thomas Roth's Power K Eye Resuce which is voted as one of the best eye creams for dark circles. I used once bottle four years ago, but I am sorry I forgot the results. Only thing I can remember is there are some small dark particles inside.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
ximing wrote:
Hi, I have same opinon as above. Peter Thomas Roth's Power K Eye Resuce which is voted as one of the best eye creams for dark circles. I used once bottle four years ago, but I am sorry I forgot the results. Only thing I can remember is there are some small dark particles inside.

It is pricey at $100, but will last for awhile. I did see it on Ebay for half price and they were sealed.
yauzit
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Check some eye products with these ingredients:

Hydroxysuccinimide
Chrysin
Hesperidin methyl chalcone
Dipeptide-2
Pal-GHK
Pal-KTTKS
Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7
vitamin C
vitamin E
vitamin K
ourlovestory
5% products discount

Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:32 am      Reply with quote
I have tried the vitamin E eye cream by body shop before... no visible result Sad
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |