Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Need rec's for personal apparel brands ....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Yup, this post is all about undies. For years my everyday, serviceable underwear choice has been 100% Cotton, Jockey for Her, French cut. They wore well, were well made, and fit great. The last time I treated myself to a few new 3-packs when I hit a sale, I got the same size and cut I usually wear, and threw them in the laundry before wearing them. I was disappointed to find them all too snug. Mad These were clearly mismarked as US size 5's not 6's which is the sz I've always bought (and no, I'm not in denial about gaining inches, since I measured myself!). I also measured a new pair against a reasonably new older pair, and there were significant differences (like 1-1/2 to 2 inches) in the hip and waist. I couldn't return them since I'd washed them all, and I e-mailed the company to complain but never heard back.

I prefer French cut simply because that fits my body best and feels most comfortable, other styles are fine for special occasions, but not every day. I have two super soft pair of 100% cotton knit boycut type that are very comfy, but I don't like that when I pull my jeans on they ride up and then I have to push them back into place. I don't like thongs, or bikini style, and I'm not ready to slide into grandma-type briefs! So please, I'm only looking for French-cut recommendations.

I don't want to buy more of the Jockeys, obviously, since I don't trust their consistency in sizing any more, and their zero customer service turned me off. So I'm turning to you folks for recommendations. Here are my specifications in what I'm looking for:

-100% Cotton knit

-French cut style w/adequate rear coverage (no French-cut thongs!)

-Long-wearing (i.e., don't shrink too much thru repeated washings)

-Well constructed, good quality fabric (meaning seams don't rip or shred, elastic doesn't wear out before a reasonable replacement time, colors don't fade)

-Consistent brand sizing that shows hip and waist measurements outside of the packaging box ( I find some underwear packages don't even show this any more, just show a size)

-And, reasonably priced! I don't want to spend $10+US a pair.

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thanks Smile

Chocolat
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi chocolat!
I used to love those jockeys too until I tried HankyPanky boyshorts. OOlala! Treat yourself! They are much more comfortable than they look! They do come in colors other than ocelot, but just wanted to show you how daring you could get.

http://www.2hotbrazil.com/v2/product/6642-hanky-panky-ocelot-boyshorts-1989.cfm

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
I have been a Victoria's Secret girl since I was a teenager and they have never let me down! They offer cute styles, good quality products, and best of all, an extremely lenient return policy! You can return anything you want for a full refund if it doesn't fit right, and if it fits fine but doesn't hold up after you wash it you can return it for merchandise credit. Their cotton panties are affordable too. Check out these adorable lace-trim cotton hip huggers--- only $5 a pair if you buy 5 pairs:
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=CK-237584&page=1&cgname=OSPTYCOTZZZ&rfnbr=1937

I actually have no idea what a french cut is, but maybe it's something like this?
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=CK-198613&page=2&cgname=OSPTYCOTZZZ&rfnbr=1937

If you are willing to step slightly out of the all-cotton comfort zone, I would highly, HIGHLY recommend the Angel's Super Soft Hiphuggers. Everyone who has tried them swears they are the most comfortable, best-fitting, and cutest underwear they have ever worn. The material is so soft and light as air, and they fit perfectly under jeans:
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=CK-222988&page=1&cgname=OSPTYANGZZZ&rfnbr=1939

(You may need to cut and paste the links to get them to work...)

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Fawnie and Liz... I appreciate your recommendations. Fawnie, those Brazilian ones look lovely on the model but expose a tad more than tush I want in my every-day wear! Liz, I hadn't thought about VS's lately since to me it's been more of a special occasion/lingerie source, but when I looked over their panty selection I think their 'high-cut briefs' would work for me. 100% cotton too! I tried the links you posted by clicking & also cut-and-paste, and each time I would just get the main VS website so I couldn't see exactly which ones you were referring to. But I appreciate the time you took to post them. We have VS at our local mall so I will stop by and take a look in the next few days.

Thanks again!
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:49 am      Reply with quote
If you're in the US or Canada you could try Winners. They have Calvin Klein and department store brands for a decent price. I used to love scoring Choice underwear in cute designs(full cut for me too!) I think they would have more sophisticated styles than the Choice brand if you're wondering...

Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |