Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

ok333's log - one 50+ year old's journey
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ok333
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome to my log, where I hope to track my progress to a younger looking face!

I noticed my face aging drastically & became pretty much obsessed with it in Dec 2008. I decided to give myself 6 months of DIY before resorting to fillers, botox, laser or surgery and have been taking pictures weekly. Progress has been slow as you'll see, but I think it may be turning around... I've tried a lot of things so far, probably too many at once, but frankly, I'm desperate Rolling Eyes

I've learned so much from all of you and enjoy reading this forum regularly & find myself wanting to know *everything* some of the more active participants are doing... It's hard to figure out going back and forth between the different threads. Also, I'm losing track of what I've done and haven't done & also figured it's time to stop lurking & start sharing! I hope you'll indulge me - this is only my second post & I haven't seen anyone else here start a thread all about themselves Very Happy
Admins: please, feel free to move or delete if I'm way out of line here.

Also noticed that not many of you post your pictures - I'm not sure why that is, everyone (including me) seems to really enjoy them.
I decided to post mine, but will take them down if it turns out I've missed something & regret posting them... I hope not though... Anyways, they are all taken w/no makeup & kinda scary. It actually took me awhile not to cringe when I looked at them. I try to remind myself that I'm taking them myself & they are probably distorted & hopefully I look better than this (or at least I will someday) Smile

I've tried so many things I'm really not sure what's working and what isn't & didn't seem appropriate to post the pics on any specific thread.

Here's what I can remember trying so far:
Exercise:
Started out with an old book I had - face lifting by exercise by Senta Maria Runge - then found this forum and bought & started Ageless, currently doing ageless every other day (all the exercises). I'm pretty slow at learning physical stuff - but think I'm starting to get the hang of this, identifying and feeling the muscles. I also started massage which I like.

Cleaning/Exfoliation:
I started washing my face 2x day (I'd been bad, really bad) and also regularly exfoliating. Either manually or with scrubs. Think I've gotten this under control & now am just doing a light job in the shower every few days. I also resumed shaving the fine hair off my face every 3 weeks or so, which for me exfoliates.

Creams/potions:
omg... too many for sure! I'll see what I can remember. Started with some DermaE brand, peptide & hyaluronic. Also had some SkinBio cp and ordered some more of that and DMAE serum from them. Had some Aveeno eye cream and have been using that pretty regularly. Skin started feeling dry so picked up Burt's Bees Ageless serum and Yes to Tomatoes hydrating cream at the drugstore. Backed off on the CP (started to see some *uglies*) and hyaluronic (read on skinbio forum it might not be so good to keep skin wet all the time & my skin was feeling a bit *weak*) and added some skinceuticals ce ferulic. Just got the easy-eye serum and cream and have ordered retin-a & the eyelash growing magic stuff (can't remember the name) from alldaychemist. At this point, I'm using the dmae, eye cream, burts bee & ce ferulic pretty much daily & the cp (watered down) every other day. I use some of the other moisturizers when my skin feels dry and also use a titanium/zinc sunscreen if I'm going to be outside at all.

Devices:
Oh gosh, do I want these... so hard to justify the cash outlay though. I can drop money for a cream, but a machine? it's weird but just the way I am Embarassed So, I picked up the cheapest LED I could find, ~$40 from heelspurs and started using that daily. After a few weeks I thought my skin was looking tan from it - so backed way off.. lately it's been 2/3 times a week.
Dermaroller - well I got the cheapest one I could find on sale on amazon <$30 before I found the huge dermaroller thread on this forum and gave it a go a couple of times back in Dec. - it was a 2.0 and there was no way I rolled hard enough to do much good... As of now, it's sitting in a drawer. I covet the Stop, some kind of real LED and every other device out there I read about that has given someone else results Laughing

Diet/Supplements:
About 7 years ago - I lost over 40 lbs, using atkins and exercise. I still exercise and follow a pretty low carb diet and have maintained most of the weight loss. 130 is my *happy* weight, but I hover around 135 with very little effort. I've been taking a multi-vitamin & fish oil pretty regularly for years. My diet is a work in progress, but have added more fish & fresh foods, cutting out sodium, processed meats, msg, artificaial sweetners, etc. I started tracking my weight on my weekly pics too. I have a feeling that this will be a big help over time - when I decided to lose weight, I started with exercise, which was great, but I really didn't see fabulous results until I added diet.

So, hopefully each week I'll update this thread with my current pics and what I've been up to skinwise...

Thanks for reading through all of this long, long post & I welcome your comments & suggestions. -ok333

Well darn... after spending an hour typing this, I tried to add my pictures to this post, but because I'm new, it won't let me, so maybe one of you will help me out by finding my photobucket album and posting the pics...

There are 3 pics each showing all 11 weeks on:
i725
dot
photo deletethis bucket plus the normal dotcom
After that add a / and the album is ww257 / ok333

If that doesn't work maybe I could pm them to one of you? Once I have enough posts, i'll try to edit this Wink

Doubt you'll be able to see too much change due to the resolution of these, but I did want to show the whole story to start with... I'm thinking as time goes on, I'll post close-ups.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Posting pictures for "ok333"....(Hope it works!)

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
I am amazed at the change. This is a woman on a mission and if the organization of her pictures is any indication of her determination she will get to her goals!
Way to go and thanks for sharing and starting this thread!!!!!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, thanks so much for getting the pics up and Toby for your kind words!

You two are both among my favorites here on EDS and I'm sure there are many more lurkers around like me who feel the same Very Happy Very Happy
-ok333
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for sharing your journey with all of us..

The pictures are such a wonderful log, which really does show the subtle changes as you progress.. You did a fabulous job!

What a wonderful foundation you have to work with; beautiful skin, eyes and bone stucture.. Your cheek bones are killer ... Very Happy

Thanks for the great thread!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
A warm welcome to you, ok333. I look forward to following your progress. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
I love this kind of thing. Thank you for posting, Ok333. I look forward to following your journey! Very Happy
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Amazing progress!...ditto about what Toby said about your 'mission'....and what Kassy said about your bone structure....and, like, Rileygirl I am eagerly awaiting to see your continued transformation..

..and i always feel that whoever posts photos is so brave!

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I love this kind of thing. Thank you for posting, Ok333. I look forward to following your journey! Very Happy

Ditto!! I can see huge results between the before and Week 11!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Ok333 - thanks for sharing these with us. I will tell you one of my first thoughts was what a wonderful profile you have but then I read the other posts and YES - what wonderful bone structure to work with. Keep with the facial exercise - You are going to be absolutely amazing!!!!
I see good changes. And it;s so early in the game.

Kassy has some great DIY recipes to save you a few sheckles so you can use them on other devices - like a new LED. Sorry - if you're here you are definitely subject to temptation.... Very Happy

Welcome and glad you're here
Sis
misspointy
5% products discount

Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:15 am      Reply with quote
well done you for being so brave and posting your pictures and your progress. It looks good! You do have great bone structure and hold your head almost like a dancer holds theirs. I hope you continue with good progress.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:25 am      Reply with quote
Blimey, you are organised! Very Happy

With your determination, I'm sure you'll succeed. As others have said, you already have a nice foundation and lovely bone structure. Things are looking promising so far.

I'll be following with great interest. Good luck with the rest of your skincare journey.
mangosteen
5% products discount

Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi ok333,

I'm a lurker, too. Just wanted to poke out of my hiding place to extend a great big thanks for sharing your journey and your pics with everyone. Your progress thus far is amazing. Keep up the good work and dedication and know that many are cheering you on, even though you can't hear all of us! Very Happy ok, back into hiding I go...

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
Bravo to you and good luck with your continued journey! You are lovely, and already one step ahead of a lot of us in that you are not fighting pigmentation or acne - as others have said, you have great foundation for rejuvenation success.

Like you, I am on the slim side and - without makeup - my face can suffer without the benefit of extra weight to "plump" up my skin. In case you're not yet aware of it, the Lauren Hutton Face Disc has been a great find for me.
(There's a lengthy review in the Review section - I just tried doing a search for it to link you to it but it's not working for me right now. Sorry!)

Best of luck to you and thanks for sharing.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the encouragement, compliments & suggestions.

I can't see much change at all, just feeling that things were going in the right direction, but this week my skin is looking crappier, saggier and worse than ever to me. I'm so tempted to make an appt for a consultation at the plastic - reading these has really helped my resolve to carry on. Very Happy

Sister Sweets wrote:
Quote:
Kassy has some great DIY recipes to save you a few sheckles so you can use them on other devices - like a new LED. Sorry - if you're here you are definitely subject to temptation...

Great idea - saving for that LED... been looking at a lot of the DIY/recipe threads - definiately want to give it a go once I figure out what might work for me... on temptation, well yea - I've come soo close to ordering way too many things - but really do want to have some $$$ tucked away for the summer - just in case i do end up at the dr's door!

Graceless Lady wrote:
Quote:
In case you're not yet aware of it, the Lauren Hutton Face Disc has been a great find for me.

I found the thread, thanks I wasn't aware of it but it looks really interesting. I'm pretty much a klutz at makeup - not that I haven't tried Rolling Eyes My daughter-in-law is a whiz and she came over with all her "stuff" & tried to teach me - that was a funny day!

Well on to my log:
The RetinA & Lumigan arrived from AllDayChemist yesterday. So for now, my basic regimen is
AM:
Cleanse
Massage
Vit C
Moisturize/Tinted Moisturizer and a bit of
makeup if I'm going out

PM:
Cleanse
RetinA or CP (alternating days - for now .25 RetinA & watering down the CP)
DermaE Peptide or Hyaluronic night cream.(depends if I'm feeling dry)
Lumigan

Doing all Ageless exercises every other evening and using my (probably pointless) LED on alternate days.

Continuing to tell myself: This will take time, be patient, good things are worth waiting for, enjoy the process and smile!

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week,
-ok333
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
Fabulous photo series! What you're showing is the amount of improvement we should expect. A lot of disappointment comes from unrealistic expectations.

I didn't see anything to worry about in the beginning photos. Your main benefit may be prevention.

There is a nice (subtle)change in the the skin under your chin. It looks to me like you added a glow and evened out your skin tone, too.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
One suggestion I have - You need sunscreen: Check out: Melashade (from Lovelyskin.com). Great product, good price.... Just a suggestion - Sunscreen everyday! I personally love ZO skincare sunscreen and I think it's on a great sale at their site....

Sis
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:57 am      Reply with quote
Welcome to the Fight Against Ageing ok333 - your dedication to the cause has been duly noted and is much appreciated.

I'll be interested to see what your opinion is on the DMAE serum you ordered from SkinBio.

What impresses me most is your philosophy: Continuing to tell myself: This will take time, be patient, good things are worth waiting for, enjoy the process and smile! You definitely have the right outlook - we're all "a work in progress" after all.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:33 am      Reply with quote
chinachatters wrote:
Fabulous photo series! What you're showing is the amount of improvement we should expect. A lot of disappointment comes from unrealistic expectations.

Totally agree. Too many unrealistic expectations (I know, I have had them!!). Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:36 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
One suggestion I have - You need sunscreen: Check out: Melashade (from Lovelyskin.com). Great product, good price.... Just a suggestion - Sunscreen everyday! I personally love ZO skincare sunscreen and I think it's on a great sale at their site....

Sis

From my research on the Melashade, it is an identical product to the ZO Oclipse sunscreen, minus the peptides. Shock

I agree with Sis; Everybody needs a sunscreen. Are you using one, ok333?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Rileygirl - I wonder if the color is the same. The tint of the ZO is perfect for me. OK333 if you don't have a sunscreen for your face that you love - these tinted products are so nice. I dont use a foundation and the sunsscreen acts as a primer if you do. It's very lovely.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:40 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Thanks Rileygirl - I wonder if the color is the same. The tint of the ZO is perfect for me. OK333 if you don't have a sunscreen for your face that you love - these tinted products are so nice. I dont use a foundation and the sunsscreen acts as a primer if you do. It's very lovely.

The color (and everything but the price and the peptide) is virtually identical. I tried it yesterday. Very Happy Even people who hate wearing sunscreen (like me) will like this!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Bethany! Very Happy Sure does look to be the same tint.
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
You're a beautiful woman. Your skin looks like it's tightened up or something and brightened.
Haha the song Tighten Up came into my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozaZuB6TVbc

Isn't it good! I first heard it on Nip/Tuck. That show is so clever sometimes. Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Lovelyskin.com has 20% off right now.... Just ordered the melashade.

Free shipping too! YAY.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |