Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Growth Factor Serums
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
nibn
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:52 am      Reply with quote
Since the new craze about obagi's zo skin care line ,especially the Ossential™ Growth Factor Serum , I found this serum with exactly the same ingredients ,just some are not in the same order, It's called Estion Ultimate Growth Factor
and skin care rx has a special on it 60$ for 15 ml, no cheap but cheaper
What are your thoughts on this product , and has anyone used both? and compared them?

Ingredients for Estion Ultimate Growth Factor

Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, PEG-12, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Butylene Glycol, Minimal Essential Medium (L-alanine, L, arginine hydrochloride, L-asparagine, L-aspartic Acid, L-crystine, L-glutamic Acid, L-glutamine, L-hustidine Hydrochloride, L-isoleucine, L-leucine, L-lysine Hydrochloride, L-methionine, L-phenylalanine, L-proline, L-serine, L-threonine, L-tryptophan, L-tyrosine, L-valine), Myristol Hexapeptide-4, Myristol Pentapeptide-8, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Retinol (Vitamin A), Folic Acid, Riboflavin, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Niacinamide D-Calcium Pantothenate, Calcium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Dextrose, Polysorbate 20, Glycine, Choline Chloride, i-Inositol, Pyridoxal Hydrochloride, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Phosphate Monobasic, FD & C Red 40, Fragrance, Methylparaben, and PropylparabenI

Ingredients for Ossential™ Growth Factor Serum

Aqua (Water), Dipropylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerine, PEG-12 Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Butylene Glycol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Glucose, Myristoyl Hexapeptide-4, Myristoyl Pentapeptide-8, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Glycine, Alanine, Arginine Hydrochloride, Asparagine, Aspartic Acid, Cystine, Glutamic Acid, Glutamine, Histidine Hydrochloride, Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine Hydrochloride, Acetyl Methionine, Phenylalanine, Proline, Serine, Threonine, Tryptophan, Tyrosine, Valine, Choline Chloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Folic Acid, Inositol, Niacinamide, Pyridoxal Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Calcium Chloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Phosphate Monobasic, Parfum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool, Beta Carotene (CI 75130).
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:51 am      Reply with quote
I know that ZO mentioned a lot of testing on that product to find the optimal mix and dosage.

But that is a super close alternative...you deserve a Savvy Shopper award of some kind for that find!

Editing to add: We know that ZO likes to use the best technology out there, and licenses it from the patent holder as they did with the DNA repair technology in the Remergent products.

I wonder if they got this base formula from Person & Covey, and increased the strength a bit as Dr. Obagi likes to do?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Skincarerx seems to have the best price at $60 (regularly $90)...however, the bottle is half the size of ZO. At the regular price of $90, it is only $15 cheaper. But with the sale price in effect, that's a pretty good deal.

http://skincarerx.com/review_box.html?pid=4819

I found a little more info on another site about the product:

Quote:
Estion Ultimate Growth Factor

Clinical Studies show 97% of patients who used this product continually saw improvement for 6 months.

Designed specifically as cell compatible to support and promote fibrolast and collagen growth.

Collagen and elastin stimulating peptides with nano delivery and antiaging vitamins.

http://store.docshop.com/shopbybrand/estionsolbar/a0804/item.html

And here is the manufacturer's site...they don't seem to make too many products, and there is very little info available. It does say on the home page that you can expect remarkable results in 8 weeks.

http://www.personandcovey.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=34

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Cellbone has a product with Human Growth Factor.

Rescue - Line Spot Treatment Serum
http://cellbone.com/Rescue.htm
Promotes firmer, healthier and youthful skin with Human Oligopeptide-3 extract from yeast, 2% SYN®-TACKS, and 1% Retinol.

Ingredients:
Rose Water, Aloevera Juice, Glycerin, Tripeptide, Terapeptide, Human Oligopeptide-3, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Retinol, Black Tea Extract, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, DMAE, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Emulsifying
Wax, Beta Carotene, Nicinamide, Leicthin, Xanthum Gum, Bilberry Extract, Sugar Cane Extract, Sugar
Maple Extract, Orange Fruit Extract, Lemon Extract, Panthenol, Carrot Oil Seed, Cranberry Oil, Raspberry
Oil, Phenoxyethanol, CoQ10, Terasodium EDTA, Citric Acid
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
But that is a super close alternative...you deserve a Savvy Shopper award of some kind for that find!

I agree. That was a great find, nibn. I noticed that the first 10 ingredients are identical between the 2 products.
FYIguy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

The Ossential Growth Factor Serum and the Estion Ultimate Growth Factor share many ingredients and both products were developed by the same expert in peptides and growth factor technology. So why does one (the ZO Skin Health formula) cost more? My best analogy is to compare two diamond rings. The spec sheet for both is the same - one 2 carat diamond, one gold band. But, one ring has a clarity of VVS1 and the other is SI2. It's all about the whole that is created by the sum of its parts... not everything is created equal, even with the same ingredients.

Dr. Obagi likes to "goose" all of his products, putting in higher concentrations of active ingredients. That's what makes the products more effective, and also more pricey. Actual concentrations for both formulas are proprietary so it is difficult to know the nuances of the two formulas. The ingredients may be listed in any order on a label below 1.0%, so there's no particular significance to the listing of ingredients on either package.

So what are you paying for with ZO products? Higher concentrations of active ingredients.

Bethany is correct about two things: (1) nibn is one very savvy shopper, and (2) Dr. Obagi likes to use the best technology out there, and definitely tweak it to meet his criteria. I've worked intimately with the guys who developed these peptides for Dr. Obagi, and can assure you that even though the formulas may look the same, they don't work the same.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Justin Morgan
VP - R&D
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
FYIguy wrote:
So what are you paying for with ZO products? Higher concentrations of active ingredients.

Justin, as always your answers are very helpful and much appreciated.

Would it be fair to say that the delivery system for certain ingredients in the ZO GFS is also different?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Justin. That makes sense to me. Now according to the Estion product, you can "expect remarkable results in 8 weeks". How long will it take to see results from the ZO GFS?

ETA: Sorry, Justin, a few more questions. What type of results can one expect from the GFS; reduction in wrinkles, skin firming, etc? Basically what are the benefits of using the ZO GFS on our skin?
FYIguy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany and Rileygirl,

Now that we're done with the question of difference of the two formulas, and on to questions specific to ZO product, I will post my response in the ZO thread.

Thank you for the questions. I will look through the data to refresh my mind of all the details and have answers for you tomorrow.

Best regards,
Justin Morgan
VP of R&D
ZO Skin Health, Inc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
FYIguy wrote:
Now that we're done with the question of difference of the two formulas, and on to questions specific to ZO product, I will post my response in the ZO thread.

Good call...thanks!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Cellbone has a product with Human Growth Factor.

Rescue - Line Spot Treatment Serum
http://cellbone.com/Rescue.htm
Promotes firmer, healthier and youthful skin with Human Oligopeptide-3 extract from yeast, 2% SYN®-TACKS, and 1% Retinol.

Ingredients:
Rose Water, Aloevera Juice, Glycerin, Tripeptide, Terapeptide, Human Oligopeptide-3, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Retinol, Black Tea Extract, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, DMAE, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Emulsifying
Wax, Beta Carotene, Nicinamide, Leicthin, Xanthum Gum, Bilberry Extract, Sugar Cane Extract, Sugar
Maple Extract, Orange Fruit Extract, Lemon Extract, Panthenol, Carrot Oil Seed, Cranberry Oil, Raspberry
Oil, Phenoxyethanol, CoQ10, Terasodium EDTA, Citric Acid

Has anyone tried this product by Cellbone? The ingredients look really interesting. I have ordered from them in the past and their customer service is excellent.
System
Automatic Message
Fri May 03, 2024 6:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Clear Skin Relief Power Duo (40 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Skin Biology Super Cop Skin Remodeling Cream - Large (113.4 g / 4 oz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |