Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
a good hand lotion
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
aquarius86
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:30 am      Reply with quote
To all you experts on this board. I'm looking for a not too expensive hand lotion that works. I am currently using Curel which I've used for years but lately I have found my hands needing something more. Maybe it's just because of the winter season here in PA. Is there anything I can either add to the Curel or start purchasing something different.
stephanie128
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the clarins hand cream - it always makes my hands lovely and soft. Its maybe a little more expensive than some, but mine lasts for ages

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Anything Gold Bond. I recently had the shea butter one, and it was excellent, not just on my hands, but all over. Nothing compares to Neutrogena Norwegian formula hand cream when your hands are in dire shape. also, Johnson & Johnson's 24 hour lotion-- great, great stuff. Not specifically a hand cream, but really does the trick. Leaves my hands soft and smooth for hours, even with washing.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
I 2nd the Gold Bond. We use the Gold Bond Healing Lotion and it really works well, and leaves no greasy feel on the skin.
littlecandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
I hope to try clains one day.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using some of the Curel life's stages lotions and find them to be much more moisturizing than the original Curel. I love the one for ladies in menopause.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
i like Kaloderma Hand and Nail balm
ckmini
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I've used Neutrogena Norwegian formula hand cream for years and i find that my hands always get so smooth and rejuvenated after one application. Once in a while, i'd go off and try something different but then i'll always go back to the Norwegian formula, especially during the dry months of winter. It comes in a small tube but a little goes a long way. Plus it's pretty inexpensive and easy to carry around in my purse.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
Caudalie is wonderful. I had a travel size of the hand lotion and fell in love so ordered the regular size. It has a light texture so I was very surprised after using it how soft my hands were in the morning. It is a little pricey so I use this as my night hand cream. I agree with others on Neutrogena as well, always a good staple to have around. I sneak some of my little ones aquaphor too on really dry days but it's petroleum so it's greasy and not the best if you worry about chemicals. Ahava makes a very nice one too and lasts a long time.
micka686
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Definitly Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream. It is an excellent hand cream. I have used them all and at the moment this is my favorite hand cream.
twdollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
definitely Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream

or the caudalie hand and nail cream.

Both are sooo hydrating and softening. A little goes a long way.
lilyflower
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:21 am      Reply with quote
my recommendation is julique rose hand cream,quite a nice product to use,it smells very nice,and makes my hand skin soft.
saring
5% products discount

Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:06 am      Reply with quote
hand lotion is not rich to me , I always use Neutrogena hand cream.
aquarius86
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Wow...thanks all for the replies. Some of these I've never heard of. It's going to be a hard choice, they should all come in little samples to try before purchasing a larger one. I think I'll try the Neutrogena first since it probably got the most votes. Thanks again
yobi
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
I love Julique rose hand cream. I been using it for a few years.
nibn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Roc has a nice hand cream with spf , retinol, vitamin c and bunch of minerals worth looking at for day time , for night time vichy also has a nice one
nibn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:58 am      Reply with quote
oh and Sally Hansen Age Correct Retinol Hand Creme is a poor girls version of clarins hand cream
wylone
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
try herbcin, I don't know whether my spelling is right or not...but it's the best handcream I've ever used
aquarius86
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
Well as usual crappy WalMart had not that great a selection so I ended up with Gold Bond, and I must say it is pretty decent but I still would like to try some of the others, so I guess I'm off to the internet to see what I could find. Thanks for all the suggestions.
GirlPaint
5% products discount

Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
I really like Ahava's. Nice, light fragrance. Non-greasy. Lasts and lasts.
bciw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
to improve absorption of whatever lotion, make sure skin is not cold or dry, but slightly damp and warm -apply a warm towel. also wearing gloves while sleeping will help too.
Katsey
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
Good old Vaseline Intensive Care. Been using it for 14 years and haven't strayed too far. I do get various other ones for my purse or office, but I always have a bottle of VIC next to my bed.
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
I recommend ULTIMATE STRENGTH HAND SALVE of K'iehls,It is very easy to absorb, will not float on the surface, very nourishing, especially in the morning before going to bed smear very delicate hand stores you can go take some samples

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
I love Qtica's hand cream - it's hard to find in stores but you can order it online.
Camille00
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:08 am      Reply with quote
I like Neutrogena hand cream and Vaseline too!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |