Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Glycolic Acid
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi

i have seen on ebay site a few people selling Glycolic Acid (30% and 8%) with and Gylcolic Peels. can anyone tell me if this is ok to use. after reading up on it it says the product will help sundamaged skin, wrinkles, scarring, stretch marks and other skin problems. says it is excellent for aging skin and can make you look younger.

i have lines under my eyes, crows feet, frown lines and lines around my lips. i am also getting droopy eyelids and really need help desperately!!!

Hope to hear from lots of you soon

thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:05 am      Reply with quote
First be really careful. One of our ladies on here got burnt using a home glycol product.

I still use mine and I still use a stopwatch to time it exactly.

let me find the thread for you.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:08 am      Reply with quote
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=2156&highlight=burnt+face

this is the bad side.

The good side is it can clean up a grubby looking complexion.

What is your skin type/age, current skincare programme- just to help us narrow down the suggestions.

And Welcome
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:25 am      Reply with quote
I would recommend giving a product line called Aquaglycolics a try first. They have a facial cleanser that is really nice to use and can even be used as a moisturizer. It is also a great pre-shave treatment to stop razor burn. They do other products too and are quite gentle on the skin.

Cheers
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Eve....how sweet of you to remind me of how dumb I am! Mad

...just kidding! I think this thread is a salutory lesson in how dangerous some of these products are! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Thank you all for your help. i think this sounds too damaging and scary for me so i think it is best not to try it. I am 36 years old but have lines under my eyes, crows feet, frowm lines and a few appearing around my lips. i have also noticed i am getting droopy eyelips (well the bit above the eyelids?*!??!!**) from my teen years up until a few years ago i suffered with anorexia and hhave smoked for some years too. i am trying to stop and have about one cig a day now (sometimes two)-Just cant quite get over the craving to stop completely (plus im a stress head). i also have sun damaged skin as i have lived abroad and spent alot of my younger years in the sun. my skin (to me) looks very old and aged. i think being thin doesnt help as well. it can also tend to feel dehydrated as well. (i am trying to drink more water). i have tried many creams and spent so much money on all these products that say the will erase lines and stop new ones forming. At the moment i am using the Esthers lift system recommended by Judy on this site. i think maybe a vit C cream?? im looking for some cream to buy to use as a whole new skin care regime but just dont know where to start or what to use as i need the whole lot now from treatments to moisterisers to exfoliators - seems im rather hopeless hey ;-(

well gues i best not rabbit on much more. so hope to hear from you all soon

sally
x

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sally, You are not hopeless. We are all on here because we have skincare issues. If you don't ask you never learn. I can tell you my skin has improved dramatically since I have been given great advice and recommmendations from everyone on this site. I am still not a raving beauty but I think I am looking better. It is hard to know where to start. I am a smoker as well I smoke more than you do but I am trying to stop and I have bought some herbal cigs to see if that helps.(no Liz they are not canabis). Rolling Eyes Smoking does so much damage to skin. I wish it was as easy to stop as to start.
I will tell you what I wouldn't be without and others will probably tell you their must have products.
1.Vit c - I get mine fromwww.cellularskinrx.com
2.Relaxaline- from cellularskin
3.I use sreum that comes with esthers secret & I would not part from ES masque.
Thats my must have list. Liz has sent me some peptide stuff which I am trying out at moment. Not long enough to report on.
I use a home glycolic peel 30% which I am not actually sure if it does anything except makes my face itch. LOL
Then I have moisturisers and other stuff I use as well. Just because I hate to waste what I already own. There are loads more things I want to try. But I am afraid I wont be able to carry the weight of my face around if I put any more products on it.
oh and last but not least sunscreen. Even in Sunny England.
Hope this does not overwhelm you.
Love Lori
I hope this helps you a bit. It does all get confusing
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
Hi Sally, You are not hopeless. We are all on here because we have skincare issues. If you don't ask you never learn. I can tell you my skin has improved dramatically since I have been given great advice and recommmendations from everyone on this site. I am still not a raving beauty but I think I am looking better. It is hard to know where to start. I am a smoker as well I smoke more than you do but I am trying to stop and I have bought some herbal cigs to see if that helps.(no Liz they are not canabis). Rolling Eyes Smoking does so much damage to skin. I wish it was as easy to stop as to start.
I will tell you what I wouldn't be without and others will probably tell you their must have products.
1.Vit c - I get mine fromwww.cellularskinrx.com
2.Relaxaline- from cellularskin
3.I use sreum that comes with esthers secret & I would not part from ES masque.
Thats my must have list. Liz has sent me some peptide stuff which I am trying out at moment. Not long enough to report on.
I use a home glycolic peel 30% which I am not actually sure if it does anything except makes my face itch. LOL
Then I have moisturisers and other stuff I use as well. Just because I hate to waste what I already own. There are loads more things I want to try. But I am afraid I wont be able to carry the weight of my face around if I put any more products on it.
oh and last but not least sunscreen. Even in Sunny England.
Hope this does not overwhelm you.
Love Lori
I hope this helps you a bit. It does all get confusing

I know this is not the right place to put this, but may I please have info on the herbal cigs you are trying? Sadly, I'm a smoker too and I worry about it every day. I have tried in the past to quit, but it is so overwhelming.

-Cheri
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Cheri, I bought 3 different ones, ginseng some called NTB and I cannot find the other pack. I got them from the health shop. Someone on here, I think it may have been better@40 but I am not sure will do search in a mo said they smoked lobelia leaves to help give up. I searched for it the other day and could not find, but I will try again. Good luck.
Ok after a huge search I found it. Apologies to Better, it was actually Queenpedauque that mentioned lobelia and it was in the thread 'Wrinkles-ageing skin'. I don't know whats available in USA. Probably a lot more to choose from than here in England.
Love Lori
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:42 am      Reply with quote
Shock Shock Shock
Lobelia leaves! They are hallucinogenic! do you grow your own? rofl

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Loopylori

im really confused as what to buy and what sort of routine to follow. vitamin c seems to be getting a very good review from most on this site. i really need someting that will help reduce the lines i have and prevent new ones forming. if i choose vitamin c do i need to put a moisteriser over the top - i heard vt c can be drying. also do i need something to keep my skin dehydrated?? can anyone help with just how i go about chossing products and getting into a proper skincare regime. has anyone else used the esthers mask and serum too.

thanks

sally

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I use esthers secret serum on one side and ADCE on other both are like moisturisers. I put the C on first I would say you need moisturiser on top unless you buy an all inclusive product that has moisturiser and vit C in combination.
Winnie & Gucci use Esthers secret and there are a couple of threads on it somewhere on this forum, that you should have a look at.
Lori
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:40 am      Reply with quote
salster68 wrote:

im really confused as what to buy and what sort of routine to follow. vitamin c seems to be getting a very good review from most on this site. i really need someting that will help reduce the lines i have and prevent new ones forming. if i choose vitamin c do i need to put a moisteriser over the top - i heard vt c can be drying. also do i need something to keep my skin dehydrated?? can anyone help with just how i go about chossing products and getting into a proper skincare regime. has anyone else used the esthers mask and serum too.

thanks

sally

Hi Salley,

I used ADCE/Prep and really love it. I have been using it for over three months and very impressed. ADCE does have Vit. C in it. I believe 5%. I have not needed a moisturiser so far...perhaps with cold winters coming I will. In the winter I plan to use Hyaluronic Acid if needed. I have a normal/combo skin type.

Recently I have been using the Esthers Secret Masque. I do like it very much.

As Lori said if you put in a search for either product you will learn a lot. Good Luck!

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:09 am      Reply with quote
thanks again

maybe (just maybe) im getting the jist of it all Embarassed (i hope).

so i need to buy a vit c cream - one for the eye area and one for the rest of my face (uumm whichone to go for though??? help please)

do i need a hydrating cream too? treatment cream to cure and prevent photodamaged skin/wrinkles??? where do i apply my esthers secret serum in this???

sorry i must be driving you guys nuts as i keep going round and round in circles getting confused and never buying anything

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Salley,

If you feel confused don't you worry...we all have been there.

You seem to be asking for directions on how to use ES. My best advice would be to PM Judy Marshall. I am sure she will help you a lot. She is a lovely person.

Winnie

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Judy has been of tremendous help to me as i did purchase the product through her. i just feel i need something else as i still feel i look older than i am Crying or Very sad which is really making me not like myself even less than i do. i dont have very much confidence and my wrinkly skin is not helping. should i start again (and drive everyone mad once more) with a new thread for a skin care routine for aged/photodamaged skin do you think

thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Ok Sally
I know how you feel. All these things can help, but you sound like I feel and nothing is gonna make you look like a teenager again, which is what I would like. None of these things are miracles. I am seriously looking into non surgical treatments. ie: restylane and botox. Both of which I had before once and really liked. If I was not a coward I would go for a full face lift.
Some of the creams and potions are fantastic and my skin really is looking better than before I discovered this site. But my face has gone beyond help from a jar.
I am not helping am I? sorry.
Lori
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Salster,
Did you ever get a C serum? I think you will be soooo happy with your results. It will not be end-all, be-all, but the brightening, the "glow" that C can give will make you feel better that you are on the road to having good skin. Did you ever get an Rx like Renova? Retin-A? If can't get an Rx, get some of lindasy.com's Green Cream and do the 3/2/1 routine. Every three days at first, then every two, then every day once your skin has adjusted. The retinoids at night,the C in the AM, lots of water and daily sunscreen...The Esther's Secret Masque...If you stick with this routine, you WILL see results. Don't get discouraged. Give yourself a good solid two months to relentlessly use these products and you will see that your skin will look better. Good luck and don't lose faith!
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi Betteract

thanks for you reply. im afraid ive only purchased the esthers secret mask and serum so far. i just got sooooo confused with all the other stuff as to what to buy and what routine to follow - which vit c to go for? what to use with it? im not very clued up im afraid Confused sorry what is the rx again Question

Tue May 07, 2024 2:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Cosmedix Serum 16 (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |