Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
REVIEW: I love PSF ( Pure Skin Formulation )
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:31 am      Reply with quote
I have been using PSF products for a couple of weeks now ( almost a month ) and I got to say, these products are really great. After reading too much of Paula Begoun recommendation I totally push away all the natural, organic, plants, essential oils type of product. I have try lots of different brand of more " clinical " product. The result wasn't bad but I wanted to find good , more healthy product for my skin. Especially something for my oily acne prone skin that would NOT contain BP. These are the products I am using right now.

-Gentle castille cleanse: Really nice cleanser. Its creamy and a little foamy ( but not too much so it doesn't dry my skin )It remove my makeup perfectly. I don't use it on my eye.

-Clarifying toner: Nice toner. It contain lavender and tee tree oil. I'm surprise because this toner doesn't smell anything at all ! Oh well...at least it doesn't smell harsh or alcohol like every other toner for oily skin out there.

-2% BHA : liquid consistency. The product doesn't come out easily from the bottle. I use it only at night to help with the breakout. I did not have more pimple since using this. My skin is soft and glow in the morning.

-Balancing oil: This is my favorite product of all. I only use a small pump of it. It is so light and I love the smell of Ylang Ylang ( just like the one from Decleor ) but the texture is much lighter and my skin absorb it all.I know its weird to put oil on oily skin but trust me it is so much better then a creamy moisturizer.

I also try 3 other product from the company.

-R&R toner: its nice but I don't like the smell of it ( reminds me of pickles !) It is for normal combination skin. I like it but I prefer clarifying for me skin type.

-Pumpking enzyme peel: not bad either but I prefer manual scrubs.

-Moisture balancing lotion: that was my first moisturizer. I like it too but now that I have try the balancing oil its hard to go back. So this is now my boyfriend moisturiser. It is a thicker cream-lotion for combination skin. No fragrance.

So for the one like me that was disappointed in their last " natural " purchase you should give PSF a try. It is really nice. The price are great too. No animal testing and the packaging are minimal too...I can wait to try other products from them ! Very Happy

Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Katya, I have also been looking at trying PSF products. I was wondering if you used the moisture balancing lotion on top of the oil or if that was just too much and the balancing oil was all you needed as a moisturizer? I have combo skin so I find that anything specifically for oily skin is just not enough moisture for me.

Thank you!
pieperd
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
I used the PSF products and did not enjoy all of them. The papaya gel cleanser reacted with my skin. The cucumber did not do anything for my skin either. The balancing oil is working, but I am not using the others.

I have make my face wash, Dr bronners castile liquid soap, baby mild and it is great.
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:04 am      Reply with quote
I'm only using the balancing oil as my moisturiser. It is really nice. This is all my skin need for moisture.

I have been using this for a couples of weeks now and my skin is still nice. My only concern is about the 2% BHA. I don't see any results yet.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:10 am      Reply with quote
katya wrote:
I'm only using the balancing oil as my moisturiser. It is really nice. This is all my skin need for moisture.

I have been using this for a couples of weeks now and my skin is still nice. My only concern is about the 2% BHA. I don't see any results yet.

What results are you expecting from the 2% BHA? Isn't it used to prevent breakout and for exfoliation?
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:51 am      Reply with quote
Bira- I still breakout sometimes. But my main concern is blackheads. And the BHA doesnt seem to help ( for now ) but I might try the 5% when I'm done with my 2%.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:59 am      Reply with quote
I used the PSF products and enjoy some of them.I hope the suncream may not so oil so the skin can absorb quickly.
honeychan
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:34 am      Reply with quote
I love PSF's papaya cleanser and eye cream (though I only have the sample for this).

I have the 5% BHA solution and I experience the same effects too. It didn't improve my breakouts very much or my blackheads. But, I don't think BHA-only helps enough for my skintype.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:37 am      Reply with quote
katya wrote:
Bira- I still breakout sometimes. But my main concern is blackheads. And the BHA doesnt seem to help ( for now ) but I might try the 5% when I'm done with my 2%.

katya, a combination of approaches may help with blackheads. About once a week, I apply jojoba oil all over my face and massage it around the nose and chin area (after makeup has been removed and face is cleansed)... about 5 minutes of massage seems to loosen up sebum and blackheads literally drop out.

On a daily basis, I use BHA and apply an AHA (for surface exfoliation) on a weekly basis.

I seldom see any blackheads any longer. There are many threads about the OCM (Oil Cleansing Method) here that may offer more detail about the wonders of oil. It seems counter-intuitive, but it's extremely effective for many.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
marnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the Castille cleanser for it's feel and cleansing ability. I tried the Cranberrry eye gel and the Pumpkin Mask and didn't find either one worth repurchasing. I was using the AHA/BHA and I thought it worked well, but I am going to try a different one now just to see if I can get even better results. I would like to try the Balancing Oil.

I also agree with Athena that the OCM can really help with blackheads.
bluepacific
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
I love the papaya cleanser as well. Is it just me or it doesn't lather up much??

Thanks, Katya, for your review. I'm shopping for other PSF products to try right now. Good to know that R&R toner doesn't smell all that nice. Smile
honeychan
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
^ Actually I like the smell of the R&R toner, but it probably appeals to those people like myself who like the smell of cucumbers.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 01, 2009 7:58 am      Reply with quote
I am in love with the green tea milk cleanser.
bluepacific
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 01, 2009 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
honeychan wrote:
^ Actually I like the smell of the R&R toner, but it probably appeals to those people like myself who like the smell of cucumbers.

honeychan - I like the smell of cucumbers...I'll give R&R toner a try. Very Happy Thanks!
Julsey
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 02, 2009 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
To those that use the green tea cleanser - how do you use it? I've never tried it...

I've put the HA serum and moisturising mask on my next shopping list, I've read great reviews about both of them, hopefully they'll give my skin the hydration fix it needs.
edseds2009
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2009 1:51 am      Reply with quote
I used one sample of the cleaning that EDS gave me, And it is good for me, and the smell is good.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2009 4:17 am      Reply with quote
Julsey wrote:
To those that use the green tea cleanser - how do you use it? I've never tried it...

You use it like a normal cleanser and just wash it off. It is very gentle and works great with the clarisonic.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
I realize this is an old thread. I tried the search button and came up with many non PSF posts.

I really like the eye treatments. I would like to try other products. In particular, anything that would help calm redness.

I know this one is popular with EDS.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/psf-o2-rescue-serum-p_4973.htm

Has anyone tried the sun care products?

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/psf-sun-care-m_415_905.htm

Any comments on the UVA protection?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, their products are great, love the O2 serum, HA serum and pumpkin mask. Affordable too.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |