Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
I need help! Too many options for under eye help!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
linda88
5% products discount

Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I'm 38 and the area below my eyes is crepey and wrinkley. I am trying to research what I need to do to help this, but there are so many choices I cannot make heads nor tails out of it all!

Do I need a vitamin c serum? Do I need DMAE? Hyaluronic acid? Niacin? Vit E? I need to thicken and strengthen the skin there and plump it up.

I am considering Avalon Organics Revitalizing Eye Cream - it has the vitamin C. If I use this do I also use another product that has plumping or strengthening ingredients?

Is that NIA 24 Eye Repair Complex worth the $$?

THANKS!!!

Linda
littlecandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
ROC.It works for my mom

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
Isomers one 3000 serum is the one that works for my eyes problems.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
I think that peptides are the way to go if you want to strengthen your skin and rebuild precious collagen there. I would recommend trying Arcona's The Eyes Have It Regenerate PM serum:
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=146240&catid=23568&trx=PLST-0-CAT&trxp1=23568&trxp2=146240&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-CAT&cmbProdBrandFilter=43300

It's extremely reasonably priced, gets great reviews, and has peptides and fatty acids to nourish, rebuild, and strengthen delicate skin. I've never tried this product in particular, but I have gotten fabulous results from every Arcona product I've tried which gives me a lot of confidence in the brand. Good luck!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:44 am      Reply with quote
I had success thickening up the eye area using retinols and growth factors , the retinol builds up the area and the growth factors plump it all up , right now I am using diluted retin cream and eistons growth factor serum
linda88
5% products discount

Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Nibn, what is a growth factor? I've never heard of that.

Thanks
Linda
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
ROC is cost-effective ,but need patience. I suggest that you add the essence of the eye,skincare eye for a clear conscience

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
linda88 wrote:
I need to thicken and strengthen the skin there and plump it up.

Hi Linda, What works for me is very simple:

Retin-A Micro at nite
Viterol A for Eyes at nite
Vitamin C serum in am
Sunscreen in am
Facial exercise and massage (FlexEffect + Ageless)
Exfoliate once a week with microfiber cloth
Plenty of quality foods and supplements and water.

But mostly the massage. It does thicken and strengthen the tissue under the eye like nothing else can!

5% products discount

Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Fawnie, thanks for the tips! Where can I find the directions for the massage?

Also, do you put the Retin-A on your under eye area?

And lastly, where can I get the microfiber cloth?

Thanks!
Linda
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
I use Retin-A under my eyes. But beware, if you are too aggressive, using too much or doing it too often, it hurts like the devil!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
linda88 wrote:
Fawnie, thanks for the tips! Where can I find the directions for the massage?

Also, do you put the Retin-A on your under eye area?

And lastly, where can I get the microfiber cloth?

Thanks!
Linda

Hi Linda!
1)Sure! You can go to: www.flexeffect.com
or http://www.louiseannette.co.uk/page_1224748238484.html
and choose which program you prefer. Both give the directions for the massage. I can't give out the info here or I'd get eBusted!

2) Yes I put Retin-A Micro right under my eyes. I think this form is better tolerated since it is in a time-release delivery system. More expensive but I think it's worth it to not have to use a moisturizer afterward or peel and turn red as with straight RA.

3) NCNProSkincare.com has the best microfiber cloths IMO. They are thick waffle-weave cloth and last forever. $12USD online from her website.
I hope this might help you in some way! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
I use PSF microfiber cloth, I think they're as good as ncn for $4 a two-pack
nibn
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:57 am      Reply with quote
linda88 wrote:
Nibn, what is a growth factor? I've never heard of that.

Thanks
Linda

Growth factors are naturally occurring proteins capable of stimulating cellular growth They are made by a variety of cells, including skin cells. Each growth factor has a unique function. For example. EGF increases the proliferation of fibroblast, which synthesizes collagen and elastin and IGF – 1 increases the synthesis of hyaluronic acid. The overall effect of these growth factors is an in crease in skin elasticity and a reduction in fine lines and wrinkles.
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I suggest to use eye serum + eye creams.
Serum could provide enough nutrition to your eyes, and cream would help your eyes keep moisture, which is very essential to deal with wrinkles..
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:23 am      Reply with quote
ROC has really good review. If retional A helps, why not try Zo Skin Health?
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Are you in the US? I just bought L'Oreal Revitalift Eye Cream. This is the one in a white jar, not the one with one red side and one white side next to each other. I was just posting a week or so ago that I just noticed under eye crepiness when I smiled, and it freaked me out. Someone posted that it could be dehydration and recommended a hydrating eye cream. CVS was having a sale on L'Oreal products, so I picked up the Revitalift eye cream for $12 (normal price $17). My eyes look very refresh now. The crepiness is not there any more. I use it day and night.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:50 am      Reply with quote
P Girl wrote:
I use Retin-A under my eyes. But beware, if you are too aggressive, using too much or doing it too often, it hurts like the devil!

Retin A under the eyes? Would that not cause more crepiness? Isn't Retin A too drying out?

bciw wrote:

Wouldn't microfiber cloth be too rough for under the eyes since the skin there is so fragile? Idea
bciw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:37 am      Reply with quote
well, for me it just feels like an ordinary washcloth if i swipe it gently(per instructions),so i dunno if i'm supposed to do it hard enough to the point that feels like rubbing sand paper on my face.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:43 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
I think that peptides are the way to go if you want to strengthen your skin and rebuild precious collagen there. I would recommend trying Arcona's The Eyes Have It Regenerate PM serum:
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=146240&catid=23568&trx=PLST-0-CAT&trxp1=23568&trxp2=146240&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-CAT&cmbProdBrandFilter=43300

It's extremely reasonably priced, gets great reviews, and has peptides and fatty acids to nourish, rebuild, and strengthen delicate skin. I've never tried this product in particular, but I have gotten fabulous results from every Arcona product I've tried which gives me a lot of confidence in the brand. Good luck!

This looks really good. Thanks for recommending it. What other Arcona products have you tried?
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
manslayerliz wrote:

This looks really good. Thanks for recommending it. What other Arcona products have you tried?

Hi Bira! The other Arcona products I use right now are the Hydrating Serum, Chamomile Balm, and Peptide Firming Complex, and they are all seriously amazing!

The Hydrating Serum lives up to its name, and it's really healing too (one of the manin ingredients is Manuka honey). It's great as a silicone-free makeup primer, as a stand-alone moisturizer for oily skin, and as a boost of moisture for dry skin. My skin got seriously dry this winter, so I've been layering it under regular moisturizers and I couldn't be more pleased with the results.

The Chamomile Balm says it was designed for extreme weather, cosmetic procedures, sunburn etc. It honestly saved my skin this winter when no other moisturizers did anything for my poor chapped skin. I used it as an all-over moisturizer during cold weather, and now that it's warming up a bit I reserve it for post-waxing, dry spots, etc. It didn't cause any breakouts and it even seemed to help heal existing breakouts. (It smells like a strong cup of chamomile tea, so I know there is a good bit of chamomile actually in there.^-^)

The peptide firming complex is the priciest of the three, so I save it for my eye area. I wish it were more affordable so I could use it all over because the texture is gorgeous and it has made my eye area look so much more refreshed.

Overall I'm so impressed with this line and I'm definitely planning on trying more stuff from it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:16 am      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
P Girl wrote:

Retin A under the eyes? Would that not cause more crepiness? Isn't Retin A too drying out?

bciw wrote:

Wouldn't microfiber cloth be too rough for under the eyes since the skin there is so fragile? Idea

I haven't had any ill effects from using Retin-A under my eyes--only positive changes. I don't find it to be drying. I actually use Tazorac now (prefer what it does to my skin) and the generic version from All Day Chemist is quite moisturizing actually. I have, however, gotten it too close to the outside corner of my eye once and that particular area burned a lot for a few days.

The facial exercise books strongly suggest you be vigorous with your skin in various forms of massage in order to make your skin behave like young skin, so the microfiber cloth, IMO, wouldn't be any rougher than the facial massage. I also dry brush my face and I use it underneath my eyes. The skin under my eyes is much thicker now.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Linda, I just discoverd another fantastic eye cream. It is Zelens intensive triple action eye cream. This is a UK's brand and made in Italy. I have used for three weeks so far. Two lines under my eyes are much much lighter now. This eye cream almost includes all anti-oxidents ingredients and I believe it will work on you. As I am not expert for analysing ingredients, you may have a look their official webiste http://zelens.com/product/8/intensive-triple-action-eye-cream/efab0a4a5675657815a982d383ac7f12 and do some research on the brand's background.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |