Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Topical probotics
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
nibn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:17 am      Reply with quote
A nice article about what might the new next
FAD in anti aging lotions , interestingly enough Estee lauder has been using a probiotic in it's advanced night repair for years

http://www.wmagazine.com/beauty/2009/02/probiotics
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:25 am      Reply with quote
This is pretty exciting news, but of course, we'll all want to know if there are studies to back up the claims.

That being said, has anyone tried SK1N Probiotics yet? The marketing hype is compelling!

http://www.sk1nprobiotics.com

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm, interesting! I take probiotic supplements....

I just looked through the Sk1n website, aren't the claims a little too exaggerated? I find it hard to believe that 1 product can do that much!

Incidentally, has anybody ever used Nude skin care? I've kept an eye on the line ever since it came out a couple years ago, but can't find any reviews anywhere..
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting but I find it hard to believe that probiotics will work topically. But I do believe probiotic supplements taken internally can have some benefits to the skin since something like 70% of your immune system is suppose be in your intestines.
Jax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
I think I read several years ago that there is mild probiotic activity that takes place when using a Miracle Whip mask.
havana8

Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
Hmm, interesting! I take probiotic supplements....

I just looked through the Sk1n website, aren't the claims a little too exaggerated? I find it hard to believe that 1 product can do that much!

Incidentally, has anybody ever used Nude skin care? I've kept an eye on the line ever since it came out a couple years ago, but can't find any reviews anywhere..

Maybe try searching EDS if you can, fat_swan, as there are a few reviews on some of the Nude products including one from me on the milk cleanser, a multi-product review from Avalange and comments from others. There are also many reviews posted on the net with Nude linking to some of them on their website in the Press section. As well, even Sephora has user feedback on quite a few of the products.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:48 am      Reply with quote
I highly doubt the probiotic strains used in skincare are of the strength which can survive being preserved in a formulation, for at least several weeks or months before it is used, then survive and somehow colonise the skin while being exposed.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:26 am      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
I highly doubt the probiotic strains used in skincare are of the strength which can survive being preserved in a formulation, for at least several weeks or months before it is used, then survive and somehow colonise the skin while being exposed.

That's very true! The oral supplements I take have to be kept in the fridge and expire 6 months after production..

Havana8- thanks for the suggestion, I will look it up!
SK1N

Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:00 am      Reply with quote
I was recently made aware that there were some questions regarding our product line SK1N Probiotic Systems. I hope I can answer some of your questions.

The claims we make on our website, advertising and press releases are not over exaggerated and are backed by scientific evidence and studies.

Prior to launching the line, we spent nearly 2 years developing the formulations ensuring that we included only the best natural ingredients that produced results.

There are many delivery systems available for active ingredients, one of which is unique to our line that provides us a method to introduce Pre- and probiotics in a suspended state.

We realize that the thought of adding bacteria to your skin is, well... different. The fact is that the human body is made of a mind-boggling number of cells—about 100 trillion. Within the human body, bacterial cells outnumber (much larger) human cells approximately 10:1. Most of these bacteria are not harmful and, in fact, contribute to normal human growth and development.

Because some strains of bacteria can have negative influences, it is important that the balance of microbes be maintained to favor the beneficial bacteria over the potentially harmful ones. This is why we introduce and promote the growth of Probiotics (beneficial bacteria).

I hope this helps clear a few things up.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:25 am      Reply with quote
Just want to give a bump to this thread as I have started to implement the use of Sk1n in to my daily regime. Thought I would give them a try (only the serum, eye cream and masque) seeing they were 50-70% off on HauteLook a few weeks ago....here is my take thus far and mind you, I have only been using these for a few days:

Serum: is a pale yellow in color which can be used alone or mixed with other Sk1n products to heighten the effect...I like to mix a drop with the eye cream and haven't used it all over yet. So not much to say about that.

Eye Cream: I happen to REALLY like this, it is a very lightweight consistency and soaks in wonderfully leaving my under eye area very hydrated and not greasy looking like some eye creams are. At first when applying, it does have a slight tingle that disappears after a few seconds. After using this a few days, that area does look smoother and more hydrated..works well under the easy eye solutions too...I think this one has some potential and I normally don't use eye creams.

Masque: I really, really love this...I have used it twice thus far and my skin looks AMAZING afterwards. It looks fresh, clear, feels firmer and hydrated...very renewed! It has a somewhat cottage-cheesy consistency when you put it on and has a slight tingle/burn that disappears quickly after application. You spread it on and leave for 15 minutes...it dries quite hard on the face by the time those 15 minutes are over and takes a bit more work to remove, but how I look and feel afterwards is worth it. I have noticed my pores look more refined after using this mask 2 times...this one is definitely a keeper for me and I have already ordered another bottle off of Ebay.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |