Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Where do you work?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
becks
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:20 am      Reply with quote
I am curious what you work with ?
I am working in an international Bank. I like it but sometimes it feels toooo strict and boring. On the other hand I have a good excuse to carry talliurs every day (and I love them!)
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:43 am      Reply with quote
I do 2 days a week for crap pay in the local comp supporting a girl with communication difficulties. I also study for a social science degree full time...If I'm on EDS, I should be studying! Laughing

PS what are talliurs becks?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:01 am      Reply with quote
After many years of working at 58 I quit!!! Dancing

I am a Creative Memories Consultant. I teach Scrapbooking at our local Community School. Boy, do I love doing my own thing. Guess I earned it. Laughing

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:15 am      Reply with quote
I work in a care home 2-3 nights a week.
Mostly dementia , some just elderly but have lived there for years. But as they pop their clogs they are being replaced by more dementia and 'minor' mental health problems. When someone is coming at you with a knife it does not seem so minor.
you would be suprised at what a wonderful missile a zimmer frame is. LOL.
OOps I waffled on as usual.
Lori
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:16 am      Reply with quote
I am a senior receptionist at a Recruitment Agency in Manchester. Its a very laid back and very young Company (in age). We have such a laugh, I seriously could never work anywhere else!!!

I make collectable teddy bears in my spare time and at the moment am having a website done..

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:51 am      Reply with quote
I work part time in a museum (industrial history) and my job is mainly guiding in the museum (it's an old factory, so visitors aren't allowed to go in the museum on their own.) and teaching everyone from children to old people about industrial history, machines, the museum factory etc.

I like my job a lot.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a full time student...want to get into either my own business or banking
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
I am the office manager for an OTR (cross country) trucking company. I am the only woman in an office full of men. They all call me "boss", even though I'm really not the boss. I think I'm just bossy. Smile

They see all my skin care packages being delivered to the office and I explain each one. They get a kick out of it.
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I am an accountant for a salmon farming company. Salmon farming means growing small fish to market size in cages on the ocean. I explained that for those of you who think that means planting fish in a field lol.

In May I opened a womens only fitness center just in case I didn't have enough on my plate duh.

I love both my job and having my own business and consider myself very fortunate.

Sherri
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
Sherri,

If you had posted that msg last week you would've had me bugging you for homework help, just wrote a paper on PCBs and farmed salmon...
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
I worked for 20 years as a guidance counselor in the public schools and then as an academic advisor at the local university. When my son was a baby I took a 2 year leave of absence, spent time with him and started a travel agency where I still work out of my home. He's 14 now and is available to anyone who want to visit/revisit experience with an adolescent. I'll take care of shipping and handling. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
is he good looking and will he be able to tame my 13 yo girl?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl, he's too good looking, and has raging hormones. The girls are calling all the time. Tame your daughter? Probably not! Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
phredd4 wrote:
I am the office manager for an OTR (cross country) trucking company. I am the only woman in an office full of men. They all call me "boss", even though I'm really not the boss. I think I'm just bossy. Smile

They see all my skin care packages being delivered to the office and I explain each one. They get a kick out of it.

Are you having those delivered to the office so you don't have to explain them at home? Gosh, that sounded nosey, but it really wasn't, just kidding around because most of us have said we do try to keep from needing to explain our purchases to hubbys. Laughing

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
SherriinCanada wrote:
Hi,

I am an accountant for a salmon farming company. Salmon farming means growing small fish to market size in cages on the ocean. I explained that for those of you who think that means planting fish in a field lol.

In May I opened a womens only fitness center just in case I didn't have enough on my plate duh.

I love both my job and having my own business and consider myself very fortunate.

Sherri

Good for you Sherri! Many women start their own business while they are still working at a job and it's no small feat to keep them both going. Some do finally work their business to the point that they can quit the job!

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
Both my hubby and I work from our home offices, although separate businesses. When we lived in Austin, we had both our desks in what would have been the living/dining room, but we found that since we both spend a lot of time on the phone that we sort of distracted each other.

So, when we built our house on Lake LBJ, in Texas Hill Country, we built each of us an office. Our main requirement was to have a view of the lake from our offices and we have that.

I've worked in Direct Sales from home for about 12 years now and if I tried to go back to working for someone in an office, they'd probably fire me the first day. Laughing Either that, or I'd run out the door screaming. Shock In 12 years, I've become just too independent and love working for myself too much to ever fit in at the office again.

For many years before I began to work from home, I was an Exec. Asst. at The University of Texas and worked at University of Houston and Texas A&M before that.

Now, hubby and I can choose to work the days we want or forward the calls to the cell and go to town or strike out on the boat or prop up in a deck chair down at the dock. Cool

My hubby even takes his cell with calls forwarded on our morning walk. It's got to be a joke with his clients. If he says, I'm not in the office right now, but will be back in about an hour, they say, "You're on your walk aren't you?" rofl

Then there was the day that he was talking away on the cell while we walked and a neighbor's dog decided to chase us barking and causing quite a commotion. And it's awfully hard to disguise where you are when you're on the dock and a boat goes by.... as it's hard for him to disguise when he has to make that long run up the hill from the dock to the house and he's panting before he gets there.

Guess we are both spoiled rotten and will have to keep working for ourselves because no one else could put up with us now. Laughing

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
After my degree I got stuck working in admin for a graphic design agency, moved to a PA job within Terence Conran's design group and then temping for about 5-6 years. I really dislike working in admin (I've not spent all my time in further education to make tea/coffee for a bunch of overpaid execs! Mad )and so decided that I need to change my career path completely. It has taken over a year for me to figure out what I want to do... still not 100% sure I know what it is. However, have started a course in visual merchandising and will see how that goes. Age and lack of an artistic background are against me though. Sad
becks
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:19 am      Reply with quote
Talliur (at least I think it is spelled like this...french) is a suit for women (jacket & skirt).
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:20 am      Reply with quote
I would have gladly given you a hand with your project Lianne. But it is probably just as well I didn't get the chance to go off on a tangent about the bad rep farmed salmon gets. Did you know there are more PCB's in milk than in salmon?

Thanks Judy and congrats to both you and your husband for having your own businesses. It is a huge risk to start up your own business and quite honestly one that still shocks me I did lol.

I can say with all honesty the most rewarding part of it has been seeing women make a positive change in their lives. That wasn't the reason I did it but it has by far been the best part of it for me.

Sherri
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:59 am      Reply with quote
I have a bachelor's degree in Communications and Behavioral Sciences (i.e.: psychology and sociology), and I have been working in the field of Information Technologies for the State of Texas, Attorney General for ten years...woohoo, only fifteen more years to go before I'm eligible for retirement, not that I'm counting or anything!) in the field of child support enforcement. Basically we help to establish paternity for children "born out of wedlock" (that's the polite way to say!) and obtain court orders obligating the non-custodial parent to pay child support, and we also enforce existing court orders (i.e.: divorce decrees, orders of paternity, etc) by prosecuting the deadbeat parents. Trust me when I say that dealing with the intimate secrets of our customers is never boring!! You wouldn't believe some of the stories I could tell...as a matter of fact, if you're good and eat all your brussel sprouts, I might just share one with you!

Speaking of which -- here's one now: before I joined the Information Technologies section of my agency's Child Support Division, I actually worked in one of the field offices were we handled the cases and dealt with the families one-on-one. Sometimes when they were shorthanded, I’d go to court with them to help out on “docket days” where we’d have to hear up to 70 cases per day. It was like a friggin assembly line! Sometimes I used to feel so bad for the CPs and NCPs (that’s child support jargon for “custodial parent” and “non-custodial parent” or “mom” and “dad” ) because we could only spend a limited amount of time on each case in order to get it all done, so it was like we were explaining the next 18-years of these people’s lives to the mothers and fathers in less than five minutes (i.e.: when to pay, where to pay, how we’re going to garnish your wages, how we’ll intercept your IRS tax refunds if you stop paying your child support and fall into arrears and suspend any driver’s license or professional licenses you might hold – i.e.: medical licenses, law licenses, barber licenses, hunting/fishing licenses, etc. – if you deliberately stop paying, how we report you to the credit bureau automatically, etc.. Basically, telling them all their responsibilities and dire consequences until the child turns 18.

Anyway, sometimes, we’d have “plead or bleed” dockets. That meant that either the alleged father stepped up to the judge and admitted he was dad, or else he rolled up his sleeve for a paternity test right there in the courthouse. I helped the phlebotomist fill out the paperwork, fingerprinted and verified the proof-of-identification of the parties to ensure some jerk didn’t send a ringer in to take his place under the needle or some vindictive mom didn’t try to “double-dip” the dad on child support by having the same child’s blood drawn twice.

So, one day this mom came in with her twin boys to have their blood drawn and I started filling out the forms. I asked her the names of her boys, she responds (phonetic spelling), “Or-an-ja-lo” and “La-mon-ja-lo.” When I asked her to spell them for me, this was the result: “Orangejello” and “Lemonjello.” I can only assume that she was a big Bill Cosby fan...(for those of you outside America, Bill Cosby used to play "Heathcliff Huxtable" on late 80s/early 90s sitcom "the Cosby Show." BC is also the paid spokesperson for Jello gelatin and Jello pudding products).

That’s one of the things that I miss most about working in the IT section...not getting to experience all those strange incidents myself anymore (such as the NCP who told the judge that the reason he couldn’t pay child support was because he raised pedigreed cats, and they had to have special expensive food and cat litter, so he didn’t have any money left to support his human kids), but my old friends always remember to pass along the juiciest stories to me, and I still have a pile of my own to share if you want a giggle every once in a while....

And if you want to hear examples of parental creativity when it comes to naming their offspring, you can look no further than some of the gems among the caseload from my old field office:

• A beautiful little baby girl called “Sobriety Justice” (which made me assume that mom regretted becoming pregnant after a wild and drunken night, and wanted a permanent reminder about staying sober...);

• Another little girl named “Porcelain Latrine” (I couldn’t make these up if I tried!);

• Yet another gorgeous little blonde girl called “Aryan.” Her last name was “Nation.” Adolf (Hitler) would have been so proud. Now, maybe, “Aryan” was simply a combination of mom’s name “Alison” and dad’s name “Ryan,” but for some reason I didn’t think so;

• Siblings named “Tamara,” “Tonite,” “Yesterdae,” and “Todae;”

• An NCP named “Plezh-ur Wooley,” which is the phonetic spelling for “pleasure.” This was a skinny little black man, barely 5-foot tall, with a gold front tooth who wore a wide-brimmed hat, a leopard print polyester leisure suit and high-heeled cowboy boots. Mr. Wooley looked like a pimp. And he had a penchant for great, big white women. I mean, like, 250 pound white women!! I think he had seven different child support cases with us, for a total of 11 kids, each by a different mama. Sometimes you can’t help but get a mental image of some of these people in bed together, but when you’d see Plezh-ur standing next to some of the mothers of his children, you wondered how the poor man didn’t get crushed...I can only surmise that he conducted his business in the good ole missionary position.

And finally, here's a little child support true story brain teaser for you:

Couple #1 and Couple #2 drove up to "lover's lane" one night for a quick tumble. Couple #1 had intercourse in the front seat, while Couple #2 got busy in the backseat. So how did Girl #2 become pregnant by Man #1?

Come on -- I want y'all to give this some thought and offer up some guesses before I give you the answer.

TTFN,
Carrie
vegas gal
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:48 am      Reply with quote
With the seat reclined to the back seat? I'm terrible at these things! Those names are a riot. Who would of thought!! I'm a cosmetologist but have been out of the work force for a few years due to health reasons. Luckly my husband can provide a great life for my one son who is at home but goes to college and myself. I have another son but he lives on his own. He has a fantastic job, I'm so proud of him. I quess I can say I'm retired and enjoying life at 45!!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:40 am      Reply with quote
VegasGirl - I don’t want to spoil the “fun” for everyone else, so I’ve PM’d you with the answer to the riddle....
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |