Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Need Hair Advice
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:46 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to put this, but my hair needs help. It's overprocessed. Have you guys seen Jennifer Aniston's hair lately, how it shines? OK, I'm hoping for that, but I'll settle for normal right now.

Thanks,

Inky

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
bciw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:57 am      Reply with quote
I think you should take internal supplementation as the first route before considering other treatments ..(Not much insight, I know)
sbb820
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
I like PHLIP shampoo and hair conditioner, washed hair, scalp is smooth, very good smell
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
I just read an article on foxnews that Jennifer Aniston spent $50K for her simple hairstyle. This cost came from having to fly her hairstylist first class to London and have him with her for the week she was filming Marley & Me. She usually pays him $2K for each hairdo session. It was an all expense paid trip for the stylist. The total bill was $50K for the week. Haha How much are you willing to pay to get your hair to look like Jen? It's amazing to me that that very simple hairdo can cost that much.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Oops back to the question, I use Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol conditioning treatment that I bought from Sally's for about $5. I use this instead of conditioner. I also take Nature's Bounty hair, skin, and nails vitamins and MSM. The combination helps my hair a lot. It's very soft now. But I don't color or dry my hair. It's wash and go for me.
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:36 am      Reply with quote
bciw wrote:
I think you should take internal supplementation as the first route before considering other treatments ..(Not much insight, I know)

Girl, I live on supplements! But won't that just help the hair that is growing right now? (not sure) I need help for the locks that are frizzled now.
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:38 am      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
I just read an article on foxnews that Jennifer Aniston spent $50K for her simple hairstyle. This cost came from having to fly her hairstylist first class to London and have him with her for the week she was filming Marley & Me. She usually pays him $2K for each hairdo session. It was an all expense paid trip for the stylist. The total bill was $50K for the week. Haha How much are you willing to pay to get your hair to look like Jen? It's amazing to me that that very simple hairdo can cost that much.

I saw that in a magazine. Crazy eh? Think of all the gadgets and makeup you could buy with 50K Shock

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:42 am      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
Oops back to the question, I use Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol conditioning treatment that I bought from Sally's for about $5. I use this instead of conditioner. I also take Nature's Bounty hair, skin, and nails vitamins and MSM. The combination helps my hair a lot. It's very soft now. But I don't color or dry my hair. It's wash and go for me.

Bira,

Thanks. I'll pick up some Cholesterol conditioning treatment and check it out.

Inky

moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi IP Smile

On another hair thread (can't even begin to remember which) some of the women were raving about a vinegar rinse (ya, just a cup of vinegar poured over hair as the final rinse after wash/condit)...i think they used applecider or white vinegar - i imagine anything but balsamic or red wine vin...supposed to give beautiful shine! (that'll be 2 grand, thankyou)
m
wylone
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
do hair mask will help a lot!!! hair need supplements nutrition as well!!! my hair used to be very dry and splits~~~a lot~~~~~~
then i tried Shiseido Tsubaki Golden Repair mask, actually the whole set of shampoo conditioner. they works perfect!!!! my hair is shiny and smooth now. i think the most important is hair mask > conditioner> shampoo.
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:59 am      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:
Hi IP Smile

On another hair thread (can't even begin to remember which) some of the women were raving about a vinegar rinse (ya, just a cup of vinegar poured over hair as the final rinse after wash/condit)...i think they used applecider or white vinegar - i imagine anything but balsamic or red wine vin...supposed to give beautiful shine! (that'll be 2 grand, thankyou)
m

Interesting. I might try it on an unseen section of hair first. Thanks MG.

InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:00 am      Reply with quote
wylone wrote:
do hair mask will help a lot!!! hair need supplements nutrition as well!!! my hair used to be very dry and splits~~~a lot~~~~~~
then i tried Shiseido Tsubaki Golden Repair mask, actually the whole set of shampoo conditioner. they works perfect!!!! my hair is shiny and smooth now. i think the most important is hair mask > conditioner> shampoo.

Thanks wylone. That sounds like it might be a winner!

Jax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Invest in a heat cap. If your hair is over-processed, a heat cap will make any deep conditioner you choose work better. You may need to do a couple of protein treatments but be careful about overdoing these as too much protein can make your hair crunchy. Then you can move to a moisturizing conditioner (yeah, there's a difference between protein & moisture). Also, be aware that building up silicones on your hair will contribute to chronic dryness so clarifying periodically is necessary. I'm also green with envy about Aniston's beautiful shiny hair but I think a big part of it is that she inherited fabulous hair genes. She DOES make the most of everything she's got, though!
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:52 am      Reply with quote
Her hair would be styled every time before she takes a picture, so nobody's daily hair could be as beautiful as hers.
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
I'd suggest taking flax oil (stir it in your yogourt or put it in your salad dressing). Let it air dry, towel dry gently yadda yadda. Let it have a rest basically. And you might have to cut off the unhealthy parts. G'luck!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to put this, but my hair needs help. It's overprocessed. Have you guys seen Jennifer Aniston's hair lately, how it shines? OK, I'm hoping for that, but I'll settle for normal right now.

Thanks,

Inky

I use Redken Extreme schampoo and conditioner. Aims for stressed out hair and protects against further damage. Thinks it works good for me. In one period I used a flattening iron a lot, but even if you use a good spray to prevent from damage, it will dry out the hair. As same as using a blow dryer every day. If you got some cash over you can spend it on a infrared dryer - I hear that it will make the hair shiny, not dry/frizz it out and make the hair dry 70% faster than an ordinary blow dryer.

And let the hair rest sometimes, don't use any tools or chemicals for a short period once and avail.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:50 am      Reply with quote
I'm using Moroccan Oil and the shine is unbelievable.
Nicki1213
5% products discount

Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
Oops back to the question, I use Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol conditioning treatment that I bought from Sally's for about $5. I use this instead of conditioner.

I use this stuff too! it is also great for using as a shaving cream. You really get a ton in the container so it lasts and lasts and lasts forever- it really softens up the leg hairs and makes them come off SOOO easily and the skin is softer as well.

5% products discount

Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
Lately, I've been loving Joico's K-Pak line! I use the shampoo and conditioner regularly but I've also used their deep conditioning treatments also. My hair is processed, since it's really dark, I bleach it which is probably one of the harshest things you can do to your hair. I bought this to help keep my hair healthy since I've been dying it at home and a lot more often than in the past when I was paying $150 for salon treatments.

Since I started a new job, I've had to really up my beauty regime. Before I never blow dried my hair but now I'm washing, blow drying and styling my hair daily. With all the stresses I'm putting my hair through, I'm shocked at how great it still looks. I use a touch of Frederick Fekkai Glossing Cream (which I also highly recommend) after blow drying to tame fly aways and my hair looks great.

My hair is very straight and fine. I often find I'm oily around my scalp but very dry on the ends. K-Pak has helped my dry ends tremendously and I'm really impressed with it. My only gripe is that it doesn't detangle as well as some other conditioners I've used in the past and I need to be really careful trying to comb through my hair after towel drying to avoid breakage. And of course, the fact that it's not a natural product is a draw back, but some organic lines have made my hair feel like straw.

I almost forgot to mention that sometimes you can find great deals on Joico (and many other products) at Ulta! Watch for their Liter sales, they tend to be the best value if you're sure it's a product you're going to use. Also, airplane sized shampoos and conditioners are great to try a brand without committing to a whole bottle.

Good luck in your search for perfect hair! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Invest in a heat cap and a good hair treatment mask. I had same situation like you two years ago before I found Frederic Fekkai's protein rx reparative treatment mask. Give a long break to your hair. Try not curl and dye new hair for a period. I used to take supplyments but nothing really works for me.
chenhui
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Mane's Tail Deep Moisturizing Conditioner is very good ,and this brand's products for hair care is the best one I had used.
Tina E

Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Argan Oil is from Morocco..look it up on google..Its fruit looks exactly like almonds..
I believe it is a relative of the Almond Tree and its oil is very similar to Sweet Almond Oil..

There is also the Ojon line of hair care products.
That fruit looks exactly like the Cacao fruit..that makes chocolate..
The ojon brown paste also smells like cacao.
chyi
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
just found too many like Jennifer Aniston hair Razz
Louisa1303
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:42 am      Reply with quote
I use Kerastase hair mask every week, it give my hair the smooth touch which i need since i always did damaging stuff to my hair.
jadkin
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
I recently started using the pink Kerastase line and can honestly say that my hair has never looked more balanced (it is quite long so I've been privy to oily roots and dry ends more than I'd like). It is also the first time my hair stylist has oo'ed and aah'ed over my hair! Very shiny now!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |