Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: IQ Beauty "Flight Essentials" Palette
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
havana8

Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:45 pm      Reply with quote

IQ Beauty Of Course "Flight Essentials" Palette

I have to give a shout out to this palette by make-up artist Fredericke Grillitz. The whole concept behind her line as described on her website is this:
    The IQ Beauty line enables women to achieve a luminous and glowing appearance, without heavy concealers and powders, by applying a minimum amount of makeup to get maximum effects.

Weaving artistic principles of light and dark into her line, Fredericke treats the face as a canvas that can be brought to life. The result is natural beauty, which is fresh, modern, and timeless.

Easy to apply, IQBeauty is intelligent woman's answer to looking great.

That pretty much perfectly sums up this palette and her products in general which is why, I think, I love them so. Although tiny--basically the size of a very thick business card--it has quickly become one of my daily favourites. What I love about it is its ease and versatility. I can look positively radiant, natural and fresh in about 15 seconds with a minimal use of product. It's also a great product to carry around for touch-ups. The pot of colour on the far left is the Kisses Lip Balm, the pot in the middle is Eye Glow Three and the pot on the far right is a Cream Blush/Face Glow/Lip Stain. Although it can be used as an eye shadow, I've mostly been using the eye glow on the inner corners of the eye and/or sometimes along the outer lower edges and find it fantastic for adding a bit of light and glowiness. The cream blush/face glow is beautiful on giving a "lit from within" glow that I would describe as a natural (and healthy) translucent freshness. I'm fair to light with bright light eyes while a friend who also bought the palette is medium (yellow undertones) with medium olivey green brown eyes--it looks FANTASTIC on both of us. I think it may very well be my HG blush. I've also been using this on my browbone along with IQ's Eye Glow Day (cream shadow--love it, too) alone on the lid or in combination with the cream shadow (the one that Flitcraft loves) from the JH Ombre palette. I'd definitely buy it again.

As far as customer service goes, Fredericke is individual, attentive and responsive. In all honesty, she's steered me towards the right product/colour for me a few times now and I am grateful for her expertise. And my orders have been out the door in no time flat.

http://www.iqbeauty.com/

p.s. a sincere shout out to Bluesheart and Yogi for originally introducing me to IQ
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Wow--that really does look like a terrific little palette! And the eyeglows look very appealing, too. Also the lipsticks. And the sheer tint...And everything.

Too bad that I'm still trying to be good since husband's layoff. But, if I weren't--have you tried the eyeglows? I'd particularly like a warm champagne or warmish taupe one. And I can't tell much about the lipsticks. What color is Insight actually? And how sheer and emollient are they? Sort of like the Bijou sheers of Julie Hewett?

It's a pity there aren't color swatches or better descriptions on the website.
havana8

Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
Wow--that really does look like a terrific little palette! And the eyeglows look very appealing, too. Also the lipsticks. And the sheer tint...And everything.

Too bad that I'm still trying to be good since husband's layoff. But, if I weren't--have you tried the eyeglows? I'd particularly like a warm champagne or warmish taupe one. And I can't tell much about the lipsticks. What color is Insight actually? And how sheer and emollient are they? Sort of like the Bijou sheers of Julie Hewett?

It's a pity there aren't color swatches or better descriptions on the website.

I haven't tried any of the lipsticks but I do have a few of the eye glows, Flitcraft:

• Eye Glow DAY is a sort of champagney colour. Just going by how it presents on my display, the colour on the website looks a bit off to me--in real life it is deeper in colour, less white, and more burnished. Actually, it looks more like the face glow circle on the model above, but of course lighter with a burnished sort of glow. Very wearable IMO. http://shop.iqbeauty.com/product.sc?categoryId=10%26productId=46

• Eye Glow THIRTEEN is this one here: http://www.iqbeauty.com/#IQ. Surprisingly it can be used very sheerly for such a dark colour.

• Eye Glow SIX is a sort of burnished bronzey brown with a subtle underpining of gold. In looking at the website, it looks very similar to Eye Glow ELEVEN except that SIX is more bronzey and ELEVEN is more brown. It's actually quite natural on.

I wish the website had better descriptions too.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
What fun! I'd love to try these. I'm trying to stay on the wagon and Toby tempted me off with some eye lifting product earlier in the week. But I saved this to My Favorites. Oh Dear!
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
I ended up emailing Fredericke for more information. She recommended the Sheer Activity one-size-fits all overall tint, the Luminous moisturizer-highlighter, Naked lipstick, and Eyeglow number 17. Which is what I'm getting. (And, to pay for it all, I'm boxing up a just-ordered pair of shoes for a return. Priorities must be set...)

I decided against the Flight Essentials for now, since I have a couple of cream blushes a colorless lip balm that I like a lot. Something tells me that I might end up going back for more, though. Maybe I should put a few dollars a week by for my IQ Beauty fund...
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Flit = Can't wait to hear... Especially curious about the naked lipstick as I'm totally in love with the Vincent Longo Nude you turned me onto last year or so. (second tube). I'd love to try this line also. And returning shoes to get it ... I'm impressed.

The Sheer activity tint sounds interesting... Oh dear - where is my willpower?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi = question for anyone who knows. Is the Sheer tint only for dry or normal skin? It says moisturizing but I'm not sure what that means. I have skin that is more oily - combination (no acne issues) but not sure about the moisturizing aspect.

Guess I should email Fredericke but I know I will lose my willpower for sure then...
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:01 am      Reply with quote
All her products look great. I emailed her on a few of the colors. Not sure if this will help anyone or not, but I was interested in eyeglow #17 and #4. She said #17 was a skintone color with a shimmer, and #4 was gold champagne that she considered more dressy.

I also was interested in either the Naked or Inspire lipstick. She said the Naked was a skintone without a shimmer and the Inspire was rosewood tone with a gold/silver shimmer.

I am medium/light olive coloring and she said her first choice for me would be the Inspire and that both of the eyeglows would look great.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:28 am      Reply with quote
I heard from Fredericke today. My coloring is more medium than light, blue to blue-green eyes depending upon the day and natural hair color of a darker blonde which to me is blah so I get it streaked with other tones about 4-5X a year).

Her recs were the Luminous (I have products similar so I'll pass on that for now anyway. Frederick said this was the necessity though!).
Eyeglow #17 (sounds like a universally nice color).
Lipstick speak (I was a bit surprised but I'll go for it).
Face Glow Energy (Okay!).

I'm wondering if I should throw in another eyeglow - these seem so nice.
havana8

Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:26 am      Reply with quote
oooh, how exciting, ladies! all that colour information is great. I can hardly wait to hear about the lipsticks and the other face glows.

By the way, I asked Fredericke if the face glow colour in the palette was available separately and she said that for now it is isn't. Sad boo hoo!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:49 am      Reply with quote
I decided on the eyeglow #4 and the Inspire lipstick. I'll let you know how the colors look!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Nice review, Havana and I'm so glad you're enjoying your IQ products.
I use the TM and the Luminous, the TM primarily in the summer and if I want a teeny bit more coverage, I mix my Chanel Teinte Innocence with it. My go to eye glow, is the six. It's a color that I feel is a great basic and it tends to be different colors depending on what you wear or the weather. I don't use her lip products but am usually tempted. I've heard that her concealers rival Clea de Peau but I'm still using my CDP so I can't compare. I love the blushes as well. I have two, sometimes I use them alone sometimes I combine. However, she's changed names and I'm not sure which ones I have! Time to call, I guess. I like supporting women like FG and small business and I think her products are top notch.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to say that Fredericke has great customer service. In less than 1 hour after I ordered my products, I got a notification they were being shipped! She was also very quick to reply to emails, and is very helpful.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
oooh, how exciting, ladies! all that colour information is great. I can hardly wait to hear about the lipsticks and the other face glows.

By the way, I asked Fredericke if the face glow colour in the palette was available separately and she said that for now it is isn't. Sad boo hoo!

I was wondering if it was available separately too Havana. I'd love to try it.

I can't wait to hear eveyone's reviews on their new stuff... yippee.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:07 am      Reply with quote
Just got my goodies. I did not try the eyeglow yet, but the Inspire lipstick is a Perfect shade for me. It reminds me of a lipstick from Elizabeth Arden (starlight or something similar) from years ago. It was my favorite lipstick, but they discontinued it and I have been on a search for that color ever since. Anyway, the description that I gave above (rosewood with gold/silver shimmer) is dead-on. I look forward to trying the eyeglow now. It looks darker than the picture on the website.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Rileygirl - Can't wait to hear about the eyeglow. I may order soon - hard to hold off!

Any news Flitcraft?
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:34 am      Reply with quote
I'm envious, rileygirl! Still waiting for my package, though I had it sent to work so maybe it'll get through our sorting office shortly.

Did you end up with the 17 eyeglow or the 4?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:57 am      Reply with quote
I went with the #4, flitcraft. I'll use it tomorrow and see how it looks!
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Well, good then, since I went with the number 17 we can compare notes on them.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered
Eyeglow 17
Faceglow Energy
Lipstick Speak as FG suggested to me.

Hoping I love this stuff.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
OK, so I got my IQ Beauty package in the mail today, almost all present and accounted for. Missing in action was the Naked lipstick, which is on backorder and won’t ship out for a week or so. What I did get was Luminous, the gel moisturizer, Sheer Activity, the tinted moisturizer with SPF, and Eyeglow 17. So, without further ado, here are my preliminary impressions:

Luminous, I mistakenly thought was a highlighter as well as a moisturizer, but it does not appear to be. It is a whitish translucent gel-cream that looks and feels exactly like Olay Definity Night Cream! It is really a combo moisturizer-soother-primer, I think. The formula contains a number of botanical essences and smells slightly herbal-medicinal rather than floral. Fredericke recommends it be used in a half moon shape under the eyes, which I did. It goes on smoothly, courtesy of the silicones in the formulation, and sinks in easily. I did a half face test and couldn’t see any difference at all between the side that had it and the side that didn’t when I finished with the Sheer Activity. I will be playing around with it under other foundation and under mineral makeup to see how it works out. So another report in a week or so on it.

On to the Sheer Activity. It is a very thick tinted moisturizer—about the thickness of toothpaste, and much thicker than TM’s like Laura Mercier and Bobbi Brown. But it goes on very smoothly, again probably due to the silicones in the formula. It’s remarkably sheer, leaving a faint bit of glowing color. Which is just as well, since it only comes in one color—a cool toned color that reminds me of old fashinoned bandaids. No real coverage to speak of, just a nice subtle all-over heightening of color. If you are looking for real coverage, this won’t do. Also, it is an SPF 15 chemical sunscreen, but I can’t imagine putting it on thickly enough to get that SPF rating, so I used it over my regular sunscreen. It reminds me a lot of Paula Dorf’s tinted moisturizer in jet glow—also scary-dark in the tube and subtle on the face. I’ll play around with it in the next week or so, combining it with other foundations, mineral makeup, etc. and pass along more impressions later.

The winner of the bunch for me was the Eyeglow. No 17. It’s exactly the color and sheen of a newly minted penny. It comes in a lovely lightweight plastic pot with a clamshell lid that snaps positively, which will keep it from picking up lint etc. in a purse. And it’s generous—it contains nearly three grams, which is probably a lifetime supply at the rate I can imagine using it. Texture wise it is perfect for a cream shadow—it reminds me a lot of the texture of Julie Hewett Cheekies, which apply buttery and dry down to a nice non-greasy finish. I applied it with my finger on one lid, and it sheers down to a lovely slightly shimmering nude tone. Applying it with a brush I got a more intense tone, but still pretty office-friendly. I didn’t bother to use a eyelid primer and it didn’t crease a bit. Shimmer-wise it’s a lot like the Julie Hewett Mystere cream eyeshadow in the Ombre Palette—nothing my ancient lids can’t handle. It looks stunning paired with Julie Hewett Hue Burgundy as a liner!

Now I really want to try that Flight Essentials palette—the cream blush looks so nice and I’d like to try Eyeglow Number Three, which appears to be a light mauve toned shadow. And I really can’t wait to try out the lipstick later on.

So…balls in your court, ladies. What are your impressions?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:

Now I really want to try that Flight Essentials palette—the cream blush looks so nice and I’d like to try Eyeglow Number Three, which appears to be a light mauve toned shadow. And I really can’t wait to try out the lipstick later on.

Great review flitcraft! Do you have another pair of shoes you can return! Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Applied the eyeglow #4 this morning. Flitcraft already described the eyeglow container and amount. I agree, it will last a very long time!

#4 is a light shimmery gold champagne color. It does make my brown eyes "pop". I do see why she would call this a "dressy" color. I think it would look great for going out at night. I think it may have more gold than I want in an every day color. So, I am going to try the eyeglow "Day" my next purchase!

My winner out of my little purchase is the Inspire lipstick!
havana8

Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:55 am      Reply with quote
What a great review, Flitcraft--lots of lovely info you shared in there. Darn about the Naked lipstick, though. hmm I am very curious about that one. I'll be staying tuned for part two of your continuing impressions on the other stuff. I actually thought the Luminous was more of a disguiser/softener of sorts but basically is a hydrator/primer?

You're right about Eye Glow Three from the Flight Essentials Palette--it is a shimmery mauvey white-ish colour. On me, using it in the inner or outer corners of the eyes, etc. the effect is one of "light". (I sincerely wish I had your gift in describing cosmetic colours! Laughing ) Shimmer-wise, I find it less than the JH shimmie from the Mandy palette.

That's a surprise about Eye Glow #4, rileygirl! In looking at the image on the website, I would never have guessed that the gold would be so dominant. If you do go for the Eye Glow Day, it comes in a little glass jar versus the packaging for #4. Does the lipstick have a subtle shimmer too?

Crossing my fingers for you, Sis. Pray
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Havana, the Inspire lipstick does have a shimmer and I just love it! I was surprised as well by the #4. It is still a beautiful color, just one that I would not wear on a daily basis! I'll let you know how the Day eyeglow is. I haven't ordered it yet, but I will!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |