Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Has anyone done "body peeling"?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
I think this is a popular service in the Philippines. Someone was telling me all about it. The demo slides show a picture of a girl with her body skin peeling. It reminds me of a snake shedding its skin. It looks gross, but her skin looks nice after the peel.

I doubt anyone in the US has tried but just thought I'd ask anyway just in case.

I'm scared to order the solution to do it myself. I was trying to google this type of service in my area but I can't find anything.

If anyone has tried doing this either at home or spa, let me know, ok? I'd appreciate it.
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:30 am      Reply with quote
I tried several times at spa. They made the peeling with coconut. I loved the scent.

You may do it at home. Fresh Body Polish is great.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Could def. be interesting... although, I don't know why is seems like it would be really itchy???? (not that my face ever itches.)

What product is being used during these services? Like a TCA Peel? (that's a lot of liquid)...

Report more if you find any more info!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, here is the slide show I found that shows the skin peeling off this woman's skin.

http://palms.110mb.com/product-presentation.htm

Go to slide #21. Is that for real?

On another slide (not from this company), someone suggested that the peeling was because the woman put egg white on her face and that's what the peeling was from.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
Could def. be interesting... although, I don't know why is seems like it would be really itchy???? (not that my face ever itches.)

What product is being used during these services? Like a TCA Peel? (that's a lot of liquid)...

Report more if you find any more info!

Claudia, according to this lady's web site, it is from all natural stuff. I don't know her ingredients list. I don't think it has anything to do with acid, but maybe it does. She's keeping it a secret. That's one more reason I'd have a hard time buying anything from her. I want to know what I'm putting on my skin.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Yiying wrote:
I tried several times at spa. They made the peeling with coconut. I loved the scent.

You may do it at home. Fresh Body Polish is great.

Did your skin peel off like on Slide #21 on this link:

http://palms.110mb.com/product-presentation.htm
mex0050
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
What exactly do they put on you?? Is it like a series of creams?
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Ok.. IF THAT is all supposed to be skin...there is NO way I would do that! That is too thick to be just skin... Having had a severe sunburn or two... I know what it's like to peel layers of skin... exposing very delicate skin... and I've never PEELED anything that thick EVER...

Now... perhaps that is product + skin... like those peely masks used in the 70's and 80's... then well... whatever...

It seems they are trying to say that's skin on their site... again... insane to me...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
Ok.. IF THAT is all supposed to be skin...there is NO way I would do that!

They definitely lead you to believe that it is just skin. They said melasma would be gone in a month, which means that is a VERY deep peel. Notice that they also said that it HAS to be done by a professional.

When you compare those pics to people that had a Blue Peel or a TCA peel, it NEVER looks like that (the sheets of skin, nor the flawless skin immediately underneath). Nor do they want you peeling it off like that, because it can cause scarring.

Hmm....I think they painted those girls with Elmer's Glue, and then peeled it off after it dried. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
I hope I'm never THAT unhappy with the way I look. That looks seriously scary and completely unnecessary.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
I hope I'm never THAT unhappy with the way I look. That looks seriously scary and completely unnecessary.

I am so with you on that, jom!
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
Ok.. IF THAT is all supposed to be skin...there is NO way I would do that! That is too thick to be just skin... Having had a severe sunburn or two... I know what it's like to peel layers of skin... exposing very delicate skin... and I've never PEELED anything that thick EVER...

Now... perhaps that is product + skin... like those peely masks used in the 70's and 80's... then well... whatever...

It seems they are trying to say that's skin on their site... again... insane to me...

Excellent point, Claudia. I have had peel from sunburn before and it was never that thick and evenly. Then my skin underneath was all red. I think the photo was made up to fool people. It's amazing how sellers will go to great length to get some business. grrrrrrrrr Rolling Eyes
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:

Laughing well said
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
ClaudiaFE wrote:
Ok.. IF THAT is all supposed to be skin...there is NO way I would do that!

They definitely lead you to believe that it is just skin. They said melasma would be gone in a month, which means that is a VERY deep peel. Notice that they also said that it HAS to be done by a professional.

When you compare those pics to people that had a Blue Peel or a TCA peel, it NEVER looks like that (the sheets of skin, nor the flawless skin immediately underneath). Nor do they want you peeling it off like that, because it can cause scarring.

Hmm....I think they painted those girls with Elmer's Glue, and then peeled it off after it dried. Confused

I don't know what they put on the girl but I noticed in the after pictures, the skin was usually shiny and the pictures were blurry a bit. To tell you the truth, I was not impressed with the after pictures.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |