Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Regarding that $40 Christmas discount...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone remember the exact wording? I thought I read that forum discounts also apply. In other words, if I purchased $200 of goodies, that the forum discount would come off, and I would still qualify for the $40 in the New Year. On reflection, this is very ambiguous.

I called EDS today to find out how I should apply the $40 discount to my next order and was asked if I received an email with a code. I hadn't, and the lady advised me that, since my order was only $188 after the forum discount, I did not qualify and that I "should have" ordered over $220 (or whatever it amounted to) in order to qualify. I guess that the forum discount really only "applied" if I had ordered over $220 and not $200.

Just thought I'd mention this since others are wondering how to apply for the discount as well, so I'm assuming they too did not receive emails with codes. Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Does anyone remember the exact wording? I thought I read that forum discounts also apply. In other words, if I purchased $200 of goodies, that the forum discount would come off, and I would still qualify for the $40 in the New Year. On reflection, this is very ambiguous.

I called EDS today to find out how I should apply the $40 discount to my next order and was asked if I received an email with a code. I hadn't, and the lady advised me that, since my order was only $188 after the forum discount, I did not qualify and that I "should have" ordered over $220 (or whatever it amounted to) in order to qualify. I guess that the forum discount really only "applied" if I had ordered over $220 and not $200.

Just thought I'd mention this since others are wondering how to apply for the discount as well, so I'm assuming they too did not receive emails with codes. Crying or Very sad

My code showed up on my emailed order acknowledgement, and there was also a line item that said "Free Gift Voucher."

BTW, after my discount I was at $200 on the penny, so I guess I got lucky!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Yes, you did Laughing I blew it. I still think the wording was a little ambiguous though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:29 am      Reply with quote
I thought the $40 voucher was only valid for 60 days after Feb.1st. Also, I think if you ordered $200 that's enough. They apply the gift code manually after the discount is taken off.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Marina, I spent well over $200. I received a 10% forum discount that brought me to under $200. This means they will not apply the $40 for my after-Feb 1 purchase. Not manually, not no-how Laughing I am very disappointed as my DD's birthday is in March and I was planning on getting her a few things for her rosacea at a discount. I deliberately bought more than needed before Christmas to get the discount. I guess I should have had a second opinion on the wording. Oh well, c'est la vie... I'll know next time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Antonia, my brain seems to be fizzing. I was told they would send a reminder email for the discount that's only valid after Feb.1st. I would have to call and apply my forum discount since the system can't apply both or something like that. No mention of $200 stuff. The message said for purchases of $200, not please go over by a certain amount! Look, when I order barely $200, after my forum discount is applied I'm at least $20 under but still get free shipping. It isn't taken away just because the total is now under $200. Soemthing's not right UNLESS they can't give it to you because it isn't Feb 1st. yet...then it makes sense. The other part dosen't. Talk to Magda.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks very much for this insight, Marina. The lady to whom I spoke was quite clear about my purchase "only" being $188 (after the forum discount) and if I didn't receive an email with a code (like Bethany did) then this was why. In other words no discount. She said she would talk to her "boss" and get back to me to confirm when I said I found it a little confusing, but I haven't heard anything so far.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
The reminder shouldn't come till February unless I guess if someone call and wants to apply it sooner for a specific reason, then they make an exception I guess. I'd follow up and speak to someone else.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
OK, Margaret from EDS (Spa Manager) just called me. She said I should have checked the total AFTER my 10% discount had been applied. Since it was under $200 after application of the discount, (despite the wording), then I should have bought something more to bring it back up to $200. So, basically, I spent up to $212 or whatever it was, and received the forum discount so therefore I won't be getting the $40 that I "shopped up" to $200+ to receive. I asked then, why there was free shipping on "orders totalling $200 and over" irrespective of whether the total was knocked back to under $200 by the forum discount, and was advised that this was a different policy altogether.

So anyone who received a forum discount on their purchase, that brought it down to under $200, won't get their $40 off after February 1.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Can you add something to the order since there was a misunderstanding and they can apply it? Even if the order has already been processed, I'm sure they can work out soemthing.

BTW, thanks for the head's up..I may call before I place my Feb. order
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
I asked that of the first person I spoke to and then asked Margaret if "there (is) anything I can do now to remedy the situation. She said that no matter how they word something, someone will always read it the wrong way, so no. Crying or Very sad So I'll be more on the alert next time and email to find out what they really mean when they say that the $40 applies to sales over $200 "including the forum discount" or whatever it read.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for clearing that up Antonia..may as well start looking to something to add to the old shopping cart...not that it'll be hard.

Your voucher is good till the end of March..so...you never know what'll come up, this is EDS after all Wink

P.S. I thought it was to good to be true the way I interpreted it Confused
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Of course, now that I read "including the forum discount," I see it the other way. The gift of hindsight, hey? Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
I think that EDS is very generous with discounts, free gifts, etc. However, I have learned through trial and error that I am responsible for making sure that it is in my basket and and on my receipt...it isn't, then it will NOT be showing up!

In this instance, the free voucher showed up, but the free ZO GWP did not...I immediately wrote an email, and they corrected my invoice the next day.

Antonia - I know it sucks to lose $40 CAN, but at least you got your forum discount. Most places don't even offer that option. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I'm not too worried about it. It was my fault. My fingers were a little too fast I guess - faster than my brain. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi. Can anyone tell me when the free gift with purchase happens? I guess I was lucky and spent over the $200 to get the $40 off in Feb. They sent a code to use in the confirmation email...thanks ...Harriet
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
harriet wrote:
Hi. Can anyone tell me when the free gift with purchase happens? I guess I was lucky and spent over the $200 to get the $40 off in Feb. They sent a code to use in the confirmation email...thanks ...Harriet

I think it is the beginning of Feb...we will get a reminder email.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:23 am      Reply with quote
According to the original announcement :

" It will be automatically activated on Feburary 1st, 2009 will be valid for 60 days. "
Mabsy

Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:28 am      Reply with quote
Yes, it's after Feb 1st.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Some issues I'm curious about that's sort of similar:

1. If you're purchasing from a line that gives a gift with purchase of say 100$ of product from that line, is that 100$ after the forum discount or before? So if you purchase over 100$ but with the forum discount it goes to under 100$, do you still get the gift with purchase?

2. Those "weekly deals". Is the forum discount applied on top of the already discounted products?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
Some issues I'm curious about that's sort of similar:

1. If you're purchasing from a line that gives a gift with purchase of say 100$ of product from that line, is that 100$ after the forum discount or before? So if you purchase over 100$ but with the forum discount it goes to under 100$, do you still get the gift with purchase?

2. Those "weekly deals". Is the forum discount applied on top of the already discounted products?

1. Yes, because I've done it. You still get the gift.

2. I'm pretty sure the answer is yes on this as well although I haven't tried it. Do a pretend buy and you'll see ...
harriet
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
How do you qualify for the forum gifts that appear with the photos? Do you need a certain number of points. thanks.
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:08 am      Reply with quote
I am another victim. I remember very clearly that I have this CAD40 coupon in my cart when I placed my order on Dec 23 because I was so happy I have 3 gifts (2 other free gifts from purchasing Valmont and PSF) for this order. I never suspected that I was not qualified because IT WAS THERE IN THE CART. There is no way I can tell if my order reached CAD200 since it was in Hong Kong $. I just relied on the fact that I got free shipping that I must have reached CAD$200. After the forum discount - I am sure there is no mention of this clause - I am only CAD$6 short (now I know)! Sad Sad Sad

Then some problems came up (missing forum gifts and wrong items) I needed to email EDS customer service. And I asked them by the way how will this coupon work - only then I knew that I WILL NOT GET IT !!! I am really truly UPSET ! Sad Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
My situation was similar to yours, Life, except that I knew I had over $200 and I got free shipping. However, the $200 had to be after the forum discount was applied, a fact not made very clear and consequently confusing to thickwits like myself Rolling Eyes Your situation sounds rather more miserable and you have my sympathy. I was $22 short I think and offered to pay it afterwards but no go...

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not getting any emails. I get the ones for forum notification on topics, but nothing from EDS about any discounts. Was this a $40 discount for Christmas or is it for Valentines?

Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |