Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
YonKa Serum Repairing Oil Concentrate - fab stuff!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone. I could have sworn that I had reviewed this a few years ago but I can't find anything on the forum so I shall do it again (or do it for the first time and start taking some medicine Smile).

For those of you that don't have time to read the lengthy post (admittedly not all of it being relevant) the conclusion is that in this case I totally agree with the description of what this product aims to do. Namely:

EDS site wrote:
For the weary, Yon-Ka Serum, a multi-action booster will give your complexion an extra "kick", by restoring proper oil balance, eliminating toxins and stimulating cell renewal as it repairs the skin. Splendid for all types, this beauty gem can be used alone or mixed with your moisturizer or night cream. This hallmark of Yon-Ka will keep your skin soft and dewy. Contains 95% precious cold-pressed seed oils of sunflower, safflower and wheat germ, plus a combination of healing aromatic essential oils. Overthrows the appearance of visible wrinkles, a soothing-vitality booster that offers a spectacular rosy glow, helps prevent and visibly repair damaged skin.

First, I have to admit that I have had this bottle for a while Embarassed I think I bought it maybe two years ago and I used it on and off but had so many other things to use that this got burried in my drawer somewhere. Since I've been busy lately (how come nobody told me that building a house was this stressfull? Rolling Eyes) I've been doing less shopping and I've been systematically using up the products that I have. I started using the YonKa probably about three weeks ago again and I have been using it regularly each night. What follows is a brief review of my experience with it.

YonKa serum is essentially a blend of botanical oils. It states on the bottle that it can be used for all skin types and I don't really object to that with the exception of those that are allergic to the oils in it perhaps. It seems like a very gentle serum and we all know by now that putting oil even on oily skin can be a beneficial thing to do (as long as it's the right oil). It is similar to the Decleor oils but a bit thicker in texture and has a similar somewhat herbal (nice) scent. It's a pleasure to use this after a long day, let's put it that way. The product comes in a 15ml/0.5oz lightly tinted glass bottle with a plastic pump on top. I find that one full pump gives me enough product to cover my face and I don't need to do a few pumps as the product description suggests that you do. Also, while I'm on the packaging front, I hate the fact that this doesn't come with a lid! It looks like it should have one (there is a groove) but mine never did so maybe I just got one with a missing cap. That I'm not sure of and I'd appreciate it if someone could confirm.

Ok, onto the most important thing - the results. I have been using this nightly for close to a month. I use this directly on the skin, let it sink in a bit and then apply moisturiser - instead of mixing it with the moisturiser, which is another suggested approach to usage. It's obviously a bit oily going on (well, it *is* an oil blend) but it sinks in nicely after 10-20mins. Btw, I use this all over my face (eye area included).

I guess this is where it actually pays to have used the product on and off and then gone back to it and used it long-term. Back when I used it on and off I always had the impression that it was making my skin in the morning look more rested and also more plump. I was looking better when I was waking up in the morning and this is a pretty big task Smile However, because I used it on and off and changed lots of other things as well, I was never too sure if it was this product that was helping. Now that I have used this regularly I can categorically say that this is indeed giving me a more healhy, less sleep-wrinkly (though I do try to drink lots of water which helps with this), and definitely more noticeably plump skin in the morning. I have just over a third of the bottle remaining and will continue to use it and will update if I see any other results.

For now the verdict is that this is a great-smelling product which makes my skin look and feel better so unless something changes I will be repurchasing this when it finishes Dancing Dancing

I would love to hear what experiences others have had with this.
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for this review. This does look like something I should consider with the cold, dry weather coming. Even though I said I wasn't going to try anything more. Embarassed I hope others post their experiences too. Off to read more about it! Smile

Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
I think it would be great for cold weather and thank you for making that comment - I will actually stop using this now and save it till I'm in the States later this year in the middle of winter. My skin is not used to these temperatures so this might be the perfect product to help it get over the shock Smile

Btw, don't feel bad. I've told myself I won't buy anything new and yet bought a few things yesterday Embarassed Embarassed I'm so weak!
JJMontreal

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
I used this product for few weeks now. It is great for the winter weather in Quebec. Yonka products are great. Ever since I started using their products, I have no break out.
I started having one big wrinkle under my right eye. With this product, the wrinkle faded away and it is not that obvious anymore.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |