Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

AHA products stings?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
I've never had sensitive skin before, but when i tried using Noviderm's AHA cream, it stung, it was uneasy and felt like dermarolling.

Lol, ive read somewhere that this is normal??

Is it normal??
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
AHA products always have a AHA %, which shows you the AHA percentage this product really contains.
If you do not want a stinging AHA product, try to use 5%-10% AHA.
Nicki1213
5% products discount

Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
I use a light AHA lotion made by Neutrogena that I like a lot. It is not very strong, but it is enough that my skin feels very smooth now. It really helps keep my skin ready for makeup and the primer I use (bare escentuals prime time). I have used creams with a very high content for areas like bumps on arms and the back of legs, also to help with *excuse this term* "swamp ass" that you get from driving in the summer in humid weather as well as wearing a wet bathing suit. But for the face, I don't think it's really necessary to use something that's so high in AHA content that it's stinging for a long time. The high AHA's also feel really thick and gross to me on the face.

I think the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Lotion with AHA is a good choice, especially at $7-$9. I use it instead of a regular face lotion in the day time if I feel that I need a little extra exfoliation and then I use Dr. Hauschka's normalizing oil the other days.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:52 am      Reply with quote
Everytime I try a new AHA product, my skin will sting for a little while regardless of the percentage of acid. You just need to give your skin time to adjust to a new product, and the stinging should go away in a couple days..

One exception- if my skin is super dry, like in the winter, it'll sting like a motherf***er. Shock In that case, just lay off it til your skin barrier is healed. HTH
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:20 am      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:
I've never had sensitive skin before, but when i tried using Noviderm's AHA cream, it stung, it was uneasy and felt like dermarolling.

Is it normal??

Aren't you using a Dermaroller? If you apply an AHA cream on newly rolled skin, of course it's going to sting.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Nicki1213 wrote:
*excuse this term* "swamp ass"

I'm sorry. I know this is off-topic, but I have never heard that term before, and this just struck me as hilarious! Laughing
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:30 am      Reply with quote
AHA always stings for me, I dont use it except as a spot treatment for acne marks.
Nicki1213
5% products discount

Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:24 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Nicki1213 wrote:
*excuse this term* "swamp ass"

I'm sorry. I know this is off-topic, but I have never heard that term before, and this just struck me as hilarious! Laughing

Yeah...I live in St. Louis and it's very humid here... so during the summer your butt gets all sweaty and it's kind of like how a baby's butt would be after wearing a wet diaper...gross, i know. sorry for the graphic image. but it happens! now you know what to call it!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Yes AHA can sting, given certain concentration and PH. It may not be a bad thing and your skin should adapt to it with increased use. In other words, you will be building up tolerance. But if you start to see signs of irratations, you should stop for a while let your skin get back to normal before you try again.
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
I have just started using Neostrata cleanser and moisturizer, they don't have a strong smell!
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
I have just started using Neostrata cleanser and moisturizer, they don't have a strong smell!

But Neostrata products would stimulate the wound, feels pain.
bciw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:

Is it normal??

Yes, as a first time user. It's fine If your not overly visibly irritated
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
I can't use AHA products. It was awful. Sting!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |