Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

how to get rid of chicken pox scar?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
virgo

Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:38 am      Reply with quote
thanks
Dabawenya62
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi Virgo, I understand how you feel when it comes to those CP scars! I had CP almost 20 yrs ago (1985) and it has still has those tiny scars (face). I really don't know if there's such cream to erase those, however thru the years, with proper skin care and cleansing/toner/ moisturizers/sunblocks, etc. it just sort of faded out but not to the point where it all went smooth and all...

Vitamin E might help and other ladies here might be able to give more suggestions/ideas.

Good Luck!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:43 am      Reply with quote
I agree, I can't imagine anything shifting those! I did have some success fading an acid burn scar that I had using a sample of OMG from sircuit skin, but not sure they'd help with CP scars.
However talking of CP, I've started testing my copper peptide serum on a long scar on my shin. It only occured to me to do it today, so I don't expect to see any difference in the immediate future, though I'm getting some emu oil soon so that should improve it's chances. If I notice ANY reduction I will report back Very Happy

Other thing to try might be microdermabraision...my friend significantly reduced her acne scars with this Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:55 am      Reply with quote
I used camellia oil to get rid of my very deep acne scar indents. It took quite a while to have them almost completely plumped up. I think it might work for chicken pox scars too. You just need to give it a lot of time to work.
Lady Jane
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:25 am      Reply with quote
earich,

Can you please tell us some more about camellia oil.
I have a coupe of acne scar indents on my forehead and nothing has helped with them, not even microdermabrasion or chemical peels, so I would be interested to know about the success you had with this oil.[/quote]
earich
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Lady Jane:

I used Silkia camellia oil for my pitted acne scars. I guess it worked because the oil contains mainly essential fatty acids and Oleic acid is the primary composition. Oleic acid is said to be extremely penetrative and since camellia oil has the most Oleic acid (compared to other oils), they say it's the most penetrative oil, more so than emu oil, olive oil, rosehip oil, jojoba oil, etc. The deep penetration allows the essential fatty acids contained in the oil to nourish and regenerate the damaged skin cells from within. I can't explain as well here as the company. You may read about it in detail at http://www.goldportbeauty.com.

My indents were very very deep. It took me a year to have them about 85% plumped up. In 1.5 years it's 95% better. So this is definitely not a quick fix. Depending on the severity of your indents, it may take sooner or later. What I can say is it definitely helps if you have the patience to wait it out.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:19 am      Reply with quote
...damn! just bought a load of emu too! Confused

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:07 am      Reply with quote
earich,

Thanks so much for your reply. I'm going to be a right pest now. Bad Grin
I think I will give the oil a try.
Looking at the link you posted it also mentions Epidermx - did you get your results by using the Camellia oil and Epidermx or just by using the oil.
I am going to order the oil from that site, but was just curious to know whether I "need" the Epidermx too.
earich
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:22 am      Reply with quote
I got the result from the camellia oil alone.
Terihe
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Emu oil, copper peptides, 30% gylcolic creams all twice a day faithfully. Glycolic acid peels starting at 40% to really soften them up. Using this faithfully I have faded my scar on my leg dramatically. I still use emu oil on my face for a moisturizer daily.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Terihe and welcome Smile
How long have you been using CPs for? I just started and want to know what to expect! I'm using the CP serum and emu oil at night (I use vit C serums daytime)
Cheers, Liz Cool

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi Guapagirl. Thanks for the welcome. I started using cp,s a year and a half ago. I had acne and scarring at age 45. I did weekly glycolic peels and used a glcolic cream, emu oil, and cp,s twice daily. My skin made a remarkable turn around. I knew the first time I tried any of the products that they were going to do what they said they would do. They have helped reform my eye area as well. I would not say the eye sag is gone but it has improved the fine lines and crows feet. I also used a glycolic eye cream along with the cp,s. HTH
System
Automatic Message
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

StriVectin Repair & Protect Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 (50 ml / 1.7 floz) glominerals gloShimmer Brick - Luster (7.4 g / 0.26 oz) Bremenn Clinical Upper Eyelid Lifter (15 ml / 0.5 floz)