Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Treatments to even skin.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Pigmentation is a big deal for me. I get red blotches that last for a long time after a breakout. I am very fair so I generally use cover-up. I have self-diagnosed myself to be pre-rosacea. As such I'm thinking of laying off AHA and anything that might thin my skin. My standard Alpha Beta peels being out of the question I need suggestions. Anyone??

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:53 am      Reply with quote
If you really have rosacea I'd skip AHA,I think it will only further irritate your skin. I have read some with rosacea have good luck with BHA though.

Can you get to a derm? I would do that if I were you. Or you could try even asking your regular dr. There are great treatments that will help. Some of the more popular ones are finacea and metrogel.
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks GirlieGirl. I think my skin just reacts incredibly negatively to cold and dry air; and it's definitely been a cold, dry winter. I've always always blushed a really red colour ever since I was young. I think I have to do my best to keep my skin calm and happy.
I'll go get a referral from my GP tomorrow. I have a funny sort of fear of Rosacea because of an aunts friends struggle with her self image living with it (it ended very tragically). My boyfriend thinks my rosy cheeks are nice, so heck he might even be happy if I developed symptoms. Though I think that might stop if it got as bad as I've seen in pics on the net. Knock on wood.
Thank you again. I'll feel accountable to make an appt and get this solved. But now to research Finacea and metrogel...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
I think you can try AESOP cleaning mask, it has a good effect of the elimination of flaw

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Name is Chamomile Concentrate Anti -Blemish Masque

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Girliegirl is right: BHA, such as any product with salicylic acid, will fade the post-pimple darkness. Or you could try an aspirin mask. Good luck!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Tamanu oil is also excellent for reducing redness, especially after any breakouts. It is anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal as well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Give an opportunity to OBAGI nu-derm which is the best for getting rid of Pigmentation. It works for me and my skin type is sensitive.
Jesselyn
5% products discount

Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:19 am      Reply with quote
does anyone use a hydroquinone product & if so, which one? Thanks!
chenhui
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:43 am      Reply with quote
I think you can try Jurlique Intense Recovery Mask , it has a good effect of the elimination of flaw.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Phyto-C Phyto Gel (15 ml / 0.5 floz) glominerals gloShimmer Brick - Luster (7.4 g / 0.26 oz) BDB The Jet Setter (3 items)