Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Your experience with shopping with EDS?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm...the customer reps were tres helpful with me, too. When I was trying to figure out how to spend my EDS gift cert, I placed an order then about 5 minutes later experienced "buyer's remorse," thinking I'd ordered the totally-wrong products. I was afraid I was SOL, but I emailed them and begged them to cancel my order (which would in turn, "reinstate" my gift cert) and they replied back within an 1 1/2 hours...just to CMA (cover my *ss), I sent a PM to Casper's Mum also asking for help, but it turns out Magda (customer service rep) replied before Casper's Mum ever even had the chance to read the private message!

I finally got around to placing my "real" order on Tuesday (or maybe it was Monday??). I immediately received a confirmation email which said my order would arrive within 6-10 business days, so I'll let you know when my package actually arrives.

Bottom line: I was quite happy with my experience with EDS customer service...so far! Wink Smile

Carrie
Caspers Mum

Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:51 am      Reply with quote
SherriinCanada wrote:
Hi,

My fellows canucks are probably going to tar and feather me for saying this but: Living in Canada at times can really suck when it comes to ordering anything online. Between exchange rates and wondering how long customs will keep our goodies sometimes it isn't worth it.

When I was searching for my skincare line of choice and found EDS I was thrilled.
I placed my first order and received it faster than it showed on my cc statement. It was like christmas when I opened the box and found it full of samples someone picked especially for me.

My second order was just as prompt and I am getting ready to soon place my third.

My skin care is the Obagi system and it is less expensive buying it from EDS than it was from my derm.

Thanks for the great service EDS keep up the good work.

Sherri

Yup. Gotta love Customs. Rolling Eyes Unfortunately, whenever an international order is mailed, any parcel is subject to inspection by that country's Customs agents. So whether we're sending something from Canada, to an international location, or if a Canadian has ordered something from abroad ... parcels have to be checked. Sad, but true.

I too have done my fair share of waiting for parcels. Example: a friend mailed me a t-shirt from Florida two years ago. It took (and this is a ridiculous example) SEVEN weeks for me to receive it! Shock I thought it was lost, and had given-up hope. Upon receiving it (to add insult to injury), the parcel was not marked with a Customs stamp, nor had they opened it, to see if it was something "questionable". `Just Customs, taking their sweet, `ol time. Grr!

Moral of the story: we can't prevent what Customs choose to do, or whether the parcel's point of entery is congested. It works both ways. Too bad teleportation only exists on Star Trek.
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:11 am      Reply with quote
ROFL at star trek hehe.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:47 am      Reply with quote
I find the US Postal Service really really slow...I used to mail letters to my friend in seattle (2-3 hours away) and it would take 2 weeks for her to get it...I gave up and we switched to email
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:28 am      Reply with quote
So far I've not had any problems with EDS (touch wood) I think I've not had to wait longer than a week for a delivery. I'm the problems people get are not the norm and well from time to time as anyone who works in a serivce industry knows things do cockup.
Most problems seem to come from our postal services - If anyone saw the documentary done in a london postal depot where letters and packages were just dumped! you'll know what I mean.

If after I've placed an order and changed my mind or wanted to add something to it - a quick email and it's sorted, no problem.
I guess if we had problems with EDS we wouldn't come back but we don't Very Happy
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:43 am      Reply with quote
I wish I had first hand experience to talk about. I have been trying to buy stuff from EDS for a few days, but my stupid server will not let me access the shopping cart. I have tried everything. Brick wall My son who is a comp programmer has tried. He even let me try on his pc. (not normally allowed to touch his precious pc).
When my friend comes back off of her holiday tomorrow I am going to try on hers. Pray If that doesn't work I will be crying Crying or Very sad and then if it is ok I will be giving Guapa my voucher number and let her treat herself. LOL
LORI
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:15 am      Reply with quote
can you phone through?
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Can't you try doing it in a library or somewhere? Who is your ISP? Maybe try using a computer on a different ISP?
...hang on! If you give me the voucher you will have an unnatural hold over me
...maybe it's time we just ditched our hubbies and moved in together in sapphic bliss

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:05 am      Reply with quote
I dunno Liz.
1Very Happyo you snore like a pig & does it sound like an express train if you have bee drinking? Sad
2Very Happyo you sleep on left or right side of bed? I always hang to the left.LOL Smile
3:Can you cook? Rolling Eyes
4:will you let me spend, spend ,spend?
5:and will you sulk and stomp round the house, if I spend too long on internet?
If the answer to the above questions
are
1:no
2:you can sleep wherever you want
3:yes
4:yes yes yes
5:no no no
Then do you want to move in down here ?
or shall I come to you.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Only if the same terms apply to me! rofl

best we go to yours...better shops there! (for when we aren't internet shopping!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:44 am      Reply with quote
cool. should i throw Mr loopy out tonight or will it take a while for you to sort out your stuff Question .
Of course i will show you the same consideration you show me.
nearly forgot. Kids are we keeping them or ditching them so we have more to spend on ourselves Question
Lori xox
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:26 am      Reply with quote
.....oooooooh difficult one! tempted to ditch, but miniest-me is quite cute still not yet being a teen and mini-me will work like a slave for the promise of upmarket skincare and make-up...just bought her some purple emu to zap her zits and she's mine now Bad Grin
Maybe dump yours, they are old enough anyway Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:51 am      Reply with quote
mine pay me money. Laughing
If I have to chuck out cat, cos you dont like them you will have to shave your beard off. sound fair Shock
Mabsy

Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
rofl rofl

Lori - your problem sounds very intriguing (not the moving in with Guapagirl, the OTHER problem). Why don't you call through or just email your order across and call in with the cc details. Btw, do you have a "normal" ISP or are you using a university (or other govt organisation for example) to access the net? You could also try installing another browser (e.g. FireFox which is *really* good anyway http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ ) to see if it will work with that one.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Caspers Mum wrote:
phredd4 wrote:
I've had nothing but good service from EDS. I'm in the US and my packages arrive in about 5 business days. Recently I called with a question about ingredients on a new product and the voice on the other end (I think her name was Kate)was soooo very nice. She didn't have an answer for me because it was a new product and she didn't have access the info at the time. She wanted to call me back with the info within the day, but I offered my email instead so it would be less trouble. I got my answer via email within 2 hours and she even called the manufacturer of the company to make sure she was telling me the right thing.

I haven't had CS like this in a long time. Also, when I get my packages it seems they really take the time to pick out samples for me that are appropriate to my order. I really appreciate that! I couldn't be more satisfied with a company!

Shhh Psst! (I think her name was Kate) .... that's ... me wave Now `ya know. It's Kate, "Miss. Kathryn, if you're nasty!"

OMG that was YOU? Hi again Kate! If I ever call and hear you say Kathryn I'll know to back off and alter the attitude!

One thing I want to mention here is I'm always nervous about calling in orders anywhere because I have a really country accent. At times people can't understand me and some are even rude to me because of it. You were so very patient and kind with me and I appreciated it so much. As little as it probably seemed to you at the time it meant the world to me and I just wanted you to be aware of it.

-Cheri
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:59 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
rofl rofl

Lori - your problem sounds very intriguing (not the moving in with Guapagirl, the OTHER problem). Why don't you call through or just email your order across and call in with the cc details. Btw, do you have a "normal" ISP or are you using a university (or other govt organisation for example) to access the net? You could also try installing another browser (e.g. FireFox which is *really* good anyway http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ ) to see if it will work with that one.

Hi Mabsy,
Trouble is if I do anything to the computer it goes wrong and then my son gets really upset and cross with me. Crying or Very sad I will send an email with my order. I would ring but I always worry because of the time difference. I don't want to wake anyone up. LOL
I have a confession,I have changed my mind about what I want to order now. Rolling Eyes So it is back to the thought process again.
Thanks everyone for the advice.
Lori
Mabsy

Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:46 am      Reply with quote
Lori, just make sure you don't send your cc details over email - it's scary how easy it is to intercept that. Perhaps fax them over instead if you don't want to call.

Do tell what you're getting! Angel
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
Still waiting for my package to come. These are the products I've ordered.
- Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
- Dermalogica Active Moist
- Dr Hauschka Cleansing Clay Mask
- Cellcosmet Eye Contour Cream

Anyone cares to comment? These products are selected based on the reviews I got from this forum. Hope I made good choices. Angel
Evi
5% products discount

Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:27 am      Reply with quote
happygirl, I've been using Dermalogica's Active Moist as a daily moisturiser for over a month now and I do like it. It has light, almost creme-gel texture, pleasant fresh smell and sinks in without leavining any shine. I too purchased the Daily Microfoliant based on fantastic reviews on this forum. Most people say their skin is very soft after using this, mine however tends to get very dry and tight and requires a lot of moisturiser. I now use Microfoliant about twice a week, just to boost my routine.
Mabsy

Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:18 am      Reply with quote
Happygirl - love your choice of Microfoliant and Cellcosmet Eye Cream. The Dr Hauschka clay mask is still on my to-buy list (please let us know what you think of it).

Re: the Microfoliant. I have heard a few other people on this forum say that it dries their skin out as well. Just for reference, I have normal to sometimes combo skin and I can use this daily without any problems. Btw, I tend to now use this in the mornings (before I used to use it at night) because I figure I should have as fresh a skin as possible before putting on a vitamin C serum.
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:22 am      Reply with quote
I've been ordering from EDS since 2001, and think the customer service is awesome Much to Magda, Kate, and Margaret!!!

There have been a few newbies (I'm assuming), who have answered the phone, and not been familiar with the product lines. And I have had a few mishaps, such as wrong orders, and waiting over a month to receive my packages. I live in the U.S., and was very surprised by this when people in another continent like Australia were reporting orders received in a few days to a week. But I haven't had ANY problems lately, and have been getting packages much faster than before. Plus all the samples and free gifts are such amazing bonuses, you can't help but feel like it's all worth it!! That is the BEST part! And the shipping prices are fabulous, especially when you realize that they spend extra to send you those free gifts and samples.
rayna
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
I am in USA, and I bought several times from EDS. Everytime was a great experience. Especially once, after I made an order, EDS found one item was out of stock, It sent me all other available items first with a lot of unexpected samples. Later when they sent that backordered item to me for free shipping, there were still a lot of other samples. So wonderful!
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:45 am      Reply with quote
I've lost count of the number of orders I have placed with EDS and I find their service exemplary. In fact I have never dealt with another company who achieves such excellent service and so fast. EDS

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
I've only placed two orders so far (and one of them is for the JM Lash Intervention, which is backordered) and the one arrived lightning-quick, along with a really generous bag of Decleor samples and my forum member gift. Not to mention the discount Smile I'm really pleased with EDS overall.
sharons123
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:44 am      Reply with quote
So far, I have placed 3 orders with EDS, and on all occassions I have received a very good service. I have never had to phone them, as I have always received e-mails keeping me up-to-date with my orders. The first 2 orders, I received within 6 days (and I live in the UK), and the last order I received in 4 days. So, overall, I would say that the service has been excellent. Discount and samples have made it even better than buying from the UK. Very Happy

Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |