Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
New to Dermalogica
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
luckylady
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone!

In the past I've used purpose facial cleanser and oil of olay facial moisterizer on a daily bases. Now that I'm getting older I can definitely tell that I'm going to need more. My pores are big, my face is dry, I have sun damage, and my skin just looks dull. Well, in reading about dermalogica and how what great reviews everyone was giving, I went out and purchased a starter pack for normal/dry skin.

includes:
special cleansing gel
mulit-active toner
gentle cream exfoliant
soothing cream
lip treatment

My problem is, I don't know how to use this line and are there additional products I should use on top of what is in the pack. The pack is suppose to last a month. So should I use these products for a month and add on as I go? I'm totally lost as to where I should start. Can anyone give me any suggestions? Thanks!
luckylady
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:29 am      Reply with quote
bump Very Happy Laughing
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Luckylady.

I have used quite a few Dermalogica products in the past and like this line.

I don't know how detailed instructions you want for how to use the products, but here goes:

You should apply the special cleansing gel to a wet face, massage and rinse off - just like you use a soap. Then it's time for applying the tonic water. You can either a)apply it to a cotton ball and swipe it over your face or b)spritz it directly to your face. Let dry before applying the Skin Smoothing cream.

I am sure the instructions say to use the products twice daily, but the most important is to use them in the evening, in my opinion.

The Skin Smoothing cream is a good moisturizer, but if you want more active products to prevent and repair signs of aging, you may want to add a vitamin C serum under the moisturizer AM and use a retinol cream (vitamin A cream) PM.

I would use the Gentle Cream Exfoliant once or twice a week after cleansing. I think I remember that you should let it work for 10 minutes before rinsing off and applying the tonic.

HTH. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Thanks a bunch Septembergirl. That will help me get started. And I'm assuming as some time passes, I'll add on if needed.

Thanks again!
xxbeauty

Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lucky Lady

I've been using Dermalogica products for a while now and they're quite nice! Looks like you've got the staple products. The starter kit you purchased is pretty simple, and as of instructions on how to use it- I agree with the post above. If you want to add more products to your regimen I would suggest Precleanse and Daily Microfoliant. Precleanse is a cleansing oil that preps your skin for the special cleansing gel, and I find it removes dirt, oil, and makeup like a charm! Daily Microfoliant is an exfoliant that brightens your skin. I find that the Daily Microfliant does more surface work rather than deep-down-in-your-skin work, though. But that's fine because you've got the gentle cream exfoliant which I LOVE!

Anyways, I would also suggest trying their AgeSmart line- I can't say anything about that though, because I've never used it (most of my treatment products are from their Medibac Clearing line). Have fun! xoxo
tinali0202
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
i have heard this brand from a spa palce ,so many people love this brand, but i have no idea about it!`comeing and leaning
chenhui
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Daily Microfoliant is really good,and their cleaner is also suitable for dry skin.
yeeyaw
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
I love this brand,and hanv used it for 2 years
Louisa1303
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Anyone tried their pimple or acne gel? does it work
xxbeauty

Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Louisa1303

I've used a couple from Dermalogica's Medibac Clearing line- the Sebum Clearing Masque, Clearing Mattifier, and Overnight Clearing Gel.

They're not bad at all but it also depends on what kind of acne you have. These products are definitely more suitable for adult acne (versus teen acne). Also, I would say it's more targeted towards congested skin- milia, whiteheads, clogged pores. If you have cystic acne you might want to try something more drying, as I find Dermalogica's acne products quite on the gentle side. I've done full reviews on some Dermalogica products that I've tried as well as a couple of other acne products on my blog, if you're interested. xxbeauty. blogspot. com - I haven't done a review on the Overnight Clearing Gel, though, because I hadn't been using it long enough and I'm giving Obagi Nu Derm a shot right now.

Hope this helped! xoxo
Louisa1303
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 02, 2009 4:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks xxbeauty..mine adult acne and worst is they will just stay there and will grow back e same area or spot so i badly needed some products that will stop it once n for all...
mandylimks
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:21 am      Reply with quote
i heard that from my friend, demalogical is too mild for middle age.
laylastam
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
thats the second time that i've heard that Dermalogica is too mild for "older skin". i'm almost in my 30's...should i be looking at other products???
jessica17
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:12 am      Reply with quote
For person who is about 30, try Power Rich once or twice a year.
Mirielle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried their makeup, such as the foundation??
Blaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
mandylimks wrote:
i heard that from my friend, demalogical is too mild for middle age.

I think this is a blanket statement that doesn't really apply to all middle-aged women. It depends on how your skin responds to it. I liked the microfoliant when I was using the Dermalogica line in my 30's. I'm older now and have greater concerns, so I switched to retin-a which is much stronger. I personally would recommend the mildest products that work for you, then gradually move up if/when needed. If you start with the strongest products first, you skin may react negatively. Additionally, what would be your next step up if you're already using the strongest products?

The special cleansing gel is VERY concentrated also. I diluted it with water. As a side benefit, it extended the bottle life twice.
sab
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:35 am      Reply with quote
older skin??

they have the line age smart for mature skin. So far I've only using multivitamin power firm as eye cream which is good.

I agreed with Blaze to try the mild product first before jumping into the strong product.
sab
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Mirielle wrote:
Has anyone tried their makeup, such as the foundation??

They only have foundation and that's all Neutral . Not really fantastic as the range of color is rather limited. Of coz u can get 2 and mix... but damn troublesome. Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |