Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How To Pick Kerastase Products?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Beka
5% products discount

Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
I am interested in switching to Kerastase products. I know that I want to use a heat protector (Ciment Thermique?), but beyond that I am a bit lost.

It seems like a lot of their products are leave in. How much mixing between lines is usually done? Are there generally agreed upon favorite basics?

I am struggling to make the product descriptions match my: shampoo, rinse, condition rise, styling product, blow dry routine.

Help???!!! Embarassed
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Well, what kind of hair do you have? Otherwise we can't advise you!
I have normal to dry hair and I love the nutri defense shampoo #1 and Lait vital.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Beka
5% products discount

Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I guess that would make sense huh? Laughing I think I was just coming at it from the more basic angle of trying to understand how the product line worked.

I have long, highlighted hair. It tends towards dry - but I don't know if I would classify it as dry. More of a dry normal. My hair is fairly fine, but I have a lot of it. It had always been very straight, up until I had kids, and now I have a big chunk in the back that is wavy.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:49 am      Reply with quote
Beka, I would advise visiting a hairdresser that uses Kerastase so that they can recommend the correct products. I am currently using Kerastase products that were recommended by my hairdresser and my hair is in such good condition now.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Yes better to visit in person to discuss needs. I have a personal rave for Kerastase Resistance Ciment Thermique. This pre-styling product leaves my hair so smooth and shiny, and it doesn't interfere with body or volume at all. No heaviness, no greasiness. Have tried a number of heat protection products and nothing compares to this so far. I've gotten a few compliments on my hair since using it.

Also use the Kerastase Nutritive Lait Vital conditioner which I really like as well, but depends on your hair type/needs.

Their products are full of chemicals... oh well, I will never give up the Resistance Thermique unless I find a comparable, healthier alternative. Just love it!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi Beka,

I actually think the same products that I use would be perfect for you.

I use the Bain Satin Shampoo #1:
I use #1 because the numbers refer to how much nutritive elements the shampoo has, and if you have fine, color-treated hair, you need a little bit of nourishment but I found out the hard way that too much can actually cause your hair to be more brittle and drier. So the #1 gluco-dose or whatever they call it is sifficient for every day use. Then you can get the mutri-defense masque:
Image and use that once every two weeks to get a shock of nutrients to your hair. For myself, I make my own hair mask that I wear overnight or while I am swimming under my cap with nutritive oils such as coconut, palm, olive, and jojoba, with rosemary essential oil 1%.
Then it sounds like you would love Lait Vital:
Image, which is a super-light, but very moisturizing creme rinse. It's not often recommended because it is one of their original products and not one of their fancy new conditioners, but it is really the best for every day to leave hair shiny, manageable, and not weighed down, but nicely hydrated.
I would NOT recommend the shine line (dark pink) for you or anyone else--it's terrible!
Finally, you could use the ciment for blowdrying, but in between washes if your ends get dry, and instant softening/strenghtening balm is substance constructive:
Image.
I prefer this to the Lumi-sculpt or the other leave-in products in the white/orange line.
I have tried almost all Kerastase products at some point, and I have similar hair to yours. I highly recommend these products to start, so you won't use heavy, silicone-laden conditioners that will weigh your hair down or inadvertently dry out your hair using too many nourishing products. And probably the best thing you can do is stop blowdrying your hair, which would help to eliminate excess dryness, which is terrible for people with fine hair, as you may know!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:07 am      Reply with quote
ive used so many shampoo for my greasy oily hair and my reddish, and pimplish scalp but nothing controls it like the Kerastase Clarifiant.

its so sad cos its expensive ..
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
oh no! i actually heard tht the new head and shoulders line is REALLY good and modelled on other treatment products from high-end lines. You should check it out--my friends who work in fashion and normally use kerastase are raving about it.
not exactly a posh shower accessory you want to show off, but worth a try!

--avalange
calorblind wrote:
ive used so many shampoo for my greasy oily hair and my reddish, and pimplish scalp but nothing controls it like the Kerastase Clarifiant.

avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
actually--take that back--couldn't find anything really online about the new H+S products, so I'm not sure if they have launched to the market yet...

--avalange

amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Avalange,

is the Kerastase that you recommend color-safe? I also get confused about that. Are all high end shampoos color safe even if it is not written expressly? Thanks
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
lol yea, i didnt know there was a new range of H&s
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the green Kerastase shampoo for fine hair, it's pretty good but when I switched to Pantene I got way more compliments on my hair...
Right now I use it every couple of weeks to switch things up. I wouldn't purchase it again, but maybe I have the wrong type for my needs. I liked the green clear bottle shampoo better...

5% products discount

Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:17 am      Reply with quote
amonavis wrote:
Hi Avalange,

is the Kerastase that you recommend color-safe? I also get confused about that. Are all high end shampoos color safe even if it is not written expressly? Thanks

Kerastase has a special line for colored hair, it's the one with the red packaging...
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:56 am      Reply with quote
Actually, the red line is the "soleil" line--I think you mean the shiny dark pink line of products. They are absolutely terrrible and very expensive. I have not heard of one person using the "Reflective" line who has color treated hair who liked any of those products.
I know a lot of people with color-treated hair who use all the other products, so I think they are safe, although of course I am not sure. If you have a tricky color that washes out easily, then you definitely need a product geared toward color-treated hair. Better off asking a professional in regards to specific products.
rockplume wrote:
amonavis wrote:
Hi Avalange,

Kerastase has a special line for colored hair, it's the one with the red packaging...

existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
For my fine, dryish hair I have mostly given up on Kerastase Bain Satin as too rich for my hair. Better in the winter at least is Rene Furterer Forticea Shampooing Stimulant. It really volumizes, if that is what you are after.
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:

Yesss the Clarifiant is the clear green bottle. I need to get my bf some of this. It's really good stuff if you have an irritated scalp or flakies.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
yeah, it is the only shampoo that helps my scalp.. but i cant afford it all the time. haha
Beka
5% products discount

Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for the specific recommendations! The pictures helped A LOT! I have ordered many of the items, and will post again once I have tried them.

THANKS!!!!
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
existential lady wrote:
For my fine, dryish hair I have mostly given up on Kerastase Bain Satin as too rich for my hair. Better in the winter at least is Rene Furterer Forticea Shampooing Stimulant. It really volumizes, if that is what you are after.

You might want to try the Kerastase Bain Chroma Riche, it is a clear shampoo that does not weigh hair down. All of the Kerastase products are color-safe, I learned that from my very knowledgeable stylist.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
hi existential lady!
which number of bain satin have you tried? #1 is very very light! #3 is way too heavy for my hair, too.
also, jom--have you tried the chroma line? it's terrrribbbllleee! i have heard not one positive report from anyone.

---avalange

jom wrote:
existential lady wrote:

You might want to try the Kerastase Bain Chroma Riche, it is a clear shampoo that does not weigh hair down. All of the Kerastase products are color-safe, I learned that from my very knowledgeable stylist.

jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
hi existential lady!
which number of bain satin have you tried? #1 is very very light! #3 is way too heavy for my hair, too.
also, jom--have you tried the chroma line? it's terrrribbbllleee! i have heard not one positive report from anyone.

---avalange

jom wrote:
existential lady wrote:

The Bain Chroma Riche is in my rotation of shampoos that I use Smile It's not my favorite, but I like it. I tested the Chroma Riche serum but I didn't like it, I thought that was terrible.

I also looked at the reviews on makeupalley for Bain Chroma Riche and they were really good - there's some people over there that like it.
Beka
5% products discount

Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
I have heard that one complaint with Kerastase is build up. Does Kerastase make a clarify shampoo? Do you periodically rinse with ACV or something?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Beka wrote:
I have heard that one complaint with Kerastase is build up. Does Kerastase make a clarify shampoo? Do you periodically rinse with ACV or something?

I think the Kerastase clarifying shampoo is called Bain Divalent, in the white bottle. They have some products in white bottles that I think are meant for clarifying and for itchy scalp/dandruff. If you're looking for a good clarifying shampoo Logics clarifying shampoo is great. Another good one is Pureology Purify.
Louisa1303
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:55 am      Reply with quote
i too is using their shampoo for curl hair but at times its does make my scalp oily but just change to a normal shampoo for one day and that solve this issue....
jadkin
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have highlighted hair, so the seller of Kerastase recommended the pink line. I have the Chrome Riche shampoo and the hair mask. Love them. My hair doesn't feel slick with silicones, just naturally soft. And the shine is impressive!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |